In a nut shell

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 7:18:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Now let me see if I have this right.

There's no guidance or discipline in the home. The family situation is so unstable, 'Junior' doesn't even know where to send a Father's Day card. Junior gets dumped into the education system where he is socially promoted because the overwhelmed school district can't deal with the undisciplined whelp. Junior's major formative influences are 'gangsta' rap videos and a corresponding peer group of gangsta wannabes.

At age 18, Junior is turned loose on society carrying a bad attitude, a broken compass and no respect for authority. Junior gets himself in big trouble with the law because he is illiterate, unskilled, unemployable and his only source of income other than Government assistance is illegal and meets dire consequences. Then, the situation diagnosis is that the police need more training, compassion, sensitivity and understanding?

Pardon me for asking, but do you really believe this bullsht ?"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2015 3:40:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/15/2015 7:18:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
"Now let me see if I have this right.

There's no guidance or discipline in the home. The family situation is so unstable, 'Junior' doesn't even know where to send a Father's Day card. Junior gets dumped into the education system where he is socially promoted because the overwhelmed school district can't deal with the undisciplined whelp. Junior's major formative influences are 'gangsta' rap videos and a corresponding peer group of gangsta wannabes.

At age 18, Junior is turned loose on society carrying a bad attitude, a broken compass and no respect for authority. Junior gets himself in big trouble with the law because he is illiterate, unskilled, unemployable and his only source of income other than Government assistance is illegal and meets dire consequences. Then, the situation diagnosis is that the police need more training, compassion, sensitivity and understanding?

Pardon me for asking, but do you really believe this bullsht ?"

That's a rather old rant that's been around on chain letters for years (Oddly, I can't find the original author. I believe it's several years old, but it's been requoted so much in the last year and a half, I haven't found any older versions).

The issue is, of course, that the message leaves out the part about things like police shooting unarmed men--in one notable case, while that man was running away from the officer. I support the police, but that doesn't mean supporting bad actors. It's a tough job, but that doesn't justify murder or abuse.

So yes, I want police officers to not murder people, I really do believe that. I really do believe that force should only be employed when necessary, and that it often is employed for convenience. What matters is whether the behavior of folks who are acting on behalf of the public is proper, or not; I don't really care about the fact that a lot of the people that are being abused are douchebags, because I have principles.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!