Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

The

PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 4:27:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Yeah, I agree that Judy has a hot @ss, but she's a total slut. Besides, if you ask me, Vivian has much a hotter @ss anyway. I'd tap that any day."

Is it just me or has the level of emotional interaction between heterosexual males been more or less reduced to that of the banal redundancies of the above quote? To me anyway, it seems like a huge double standard.

Homosexual males have no problem expressing their feelings to friends. In fact, if the stereotype holds true, maybe they express too easily. In my time I've known and been friends with many gays who perhaps took their emotions too hard and too seriously. I'm not trying to stereotype here, but that's simply been my experience.

On the other hand, girls, both straight and lesbian, are less easy to group all together. Some girls like to spew forth their emotional heartthrob, while other girls are more quiet, more reserved. But whatever the case, no one faults a girl for how she deals or how she chooses not to deal with her feelings.

I think it's fair to say that this isn't the case for straight males.

Straight males are instructed not to tell others what they honestly feel. Men are tough, society tells them. Showing emotion shows weakness. Real men must provide for their loved ones, and weakness inhibits this ultimate goal. Feel like crap? Suck it up, big boy. Whining about it does nothing for those around you.

Thus, straight males keep their thoughts to themselves. They act tough and show as little emotion as possible. To cope, they spend their time gawking and repeating the banal redundancies like the example above. After all, it's harder to make fun of someone who doesn't take his own knowingly cliché self seriously, right?

Of course, women and gays are not to blame for the dams of emotion that straight men build up. In large part because of straight men who chastise other straight men for acting in any way "feminine," this has all been caused by men for straight men. The question I wish to posit is why.

It's certainly not good for our mental health. Although they would never admit it to me, my closest friends spend far too much of their time brooding over girls, trying to figure them out with the faces only dumbfounded adolescent males can make. In Twilight, Bella bathes in the attention she gets from her almost criminally obsessed admirers, but somehow I come to the conclusion that most girls would be creeped the f*ck out if they knew all the thoughts guys had for them.

Speculation aside, what's so feminine about emotion anyway? Is emotion a thing, a person perhaps? Does emotion have boobs? Does it have a vagina? I like to think I have emotions somewhere in me, so I'm not sure how that would work. Some clarification would certainly help.

I wrote this post thinking I'd come to some grand conclusion. Instead, I feel like I should chastise myself for having written it. I feel icky already, and I still don't know why society discourages straight men from discussing their feelings. Yucky, I would take a shower right now, but that sounds even more gay.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:26:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 6:25:33 AM, innomen wrote:
To me or to PoeJoe?

PoeJoe. Though I can say it to you if you want. I don't discriminate.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:37:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 4:27:44 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
"Yeah, I agree that Judy has a hot @ss, but she's a total slut. Besides, if you ask me, Vivian has much a hotter @ss anyway. I'd tap that any day."

To look upon any woman apart from your wife in such a way is adultery. Eyes should be averted, prayer perched always on our lips.


Is it just me or has the level of emotional interaction between heterosexual males been more or less reduced to that of the banal redundancies of the above quote? To me anyway, it seems like a huge double standard.

Homosexual males have no problem expressing their feelings to friends. In fact, if the stereotype holds true, maybe they express too easily. In my time I've known and been friends with many gays who perhaps took their emotions too hard and too seriously. I'm not trying to stereotype here, but that's simply been my experience.

Maybe indulgence in emotion is yet another way the devil tempts us into sodomy. A man should control his feelings, confiding only in his mother, his gun rack and the Lord.

On the other hand, girls, both straight and lesbian, are less easy to group all together. Some girls like to spew forth their emotional heartthrob, while other girls are more quiet, more reserved. But whatever the case, no one faults a girl for how she deals or how she chooses not to deal with her feelings.

They are the weaker sex.


I think it's fair to say that this isn't the case for straight males.

Straight males are instructed not to tell others what they honestly feel. Men are tough, society tells them. Showing emotion shows weakness. Real men must provide for their loved ones, and weakness inhibits this ultimate goal. Feel like crap? Suck it up, big boy. Whining about it does nothing for those around you.

Thus, straight males keep their thoughts to themselves. They act tough and show as little emotion as possible. To cope, they spend their time gawking and repeating the banal redundancies like the example above. After all, it's harder to make fun of someone who doesn't take his own knowingly cliché self seriously, right?

Of course, women and gays are not to blame for the dams of emotion that straight men build up. In large part because of straight men who chastise other straight men for acting in any way "feminine," this has all been caused by men for straight men. The question I wish to posit is why.

A man must be strong, he is made in the image of God and is sovereign over his family. You don't see God crying over an episode of will and grace? Man up and come into the Lord.

It's certainly not good for our mental health. Although they would never admit it to me, my closest friends spend far too much of their time brooding over girls, trying to figure them out with the faces only dumbfounded adolescent males can make. In Twilight, Bella bathes in the attention she gets from her almost criminally obsessed admirers, but somehow I come to the conclusion that most girls would be creeped the f*ck out if they knew all the thoughts guys had for them.

And quite rightly so, the nature of man is carnal and filth, such thoughts are to be suppressed or channeled into marriage.

Speculation aside, what's so feminine about emotion anyway? Is emotion a thing, a person perhaps? Does emotion have boobs? Does it have a vagina? I like to think I have emotions somewhere in me, so I'm not sure how that would work. Some clarification would certainly help.

You should spend more time in prayer and less time dwelling on clunge, for in there is the devil.


I wrote this post thinking I'd come to some grand conclusion. Instead, I feel like I should chastise myself for having written it. I feel icky already, and I still don't know why society discourages straight men from discussing their feelings. Yucky, I would take a shower right now, but that sounds even more gay.

It is okay to shower on your own, or with men after communal sports so long as you maintain correct eye level and dont attempt masturbation.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:38:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 6:37:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I wrote this post thinking I'd come to some grand conclusion. Instead, I feel like I should chastise myself for having written it. I feel icky already, and I still don't know why society discourages straight men from discussing their feelings. Yucky, I would take a shower right now, but that sounds even more gay.

It is okay to shower on your own, or with men after communal sports so long as you maintain correct eye level and dont attempt masturbation.

10/10
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 8:24:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 4:27:44 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Is it just me or has the level of emotional interaction between heterosexual males been more or less reduced to that of the banal redundancies of the above quote? To me anyway, it seems like a huge double standard....:

Ummmm...... I don't know what to make of your whole post. It didn't seem to lead to a conclusion, just one tangent after another.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Zeitgeist
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 8:57:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 6:38:57 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/8/2010 6:37:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I wrote this post thinking I'd come to some grand conclusion. Instead, I feel like I should chastise myself for having written it. I feel icky already, and I still don't know why society discourages straight men from discussing their feelings. Yucky, I would take a shower right now, but that sounds even more gay.

It is okay to shower on your own, or with men after communal sports so long as you maintain correct eye level and dont attempt masturbation.

10/10
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 10:24:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
for serious- not all guys are like that, esp after high school. but even during... try hanging out with mixed gender groups. i think you'll get better results.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 10:27:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/8/2010 10:24:33 AM, belle wrote:
for serious- not all guys are like that, esp after high school. but even during... try hanging out with mixed gender groups. i think you'll get better results.

Yeah, it might be more guys with guys. Or straight guys with straight guys. Or younger straight guys with younger straight guys.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 7:25:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I agree with you PoeJoe... Vivian is way hotter than Judy.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 8:57:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
exceptionally annoying. for future reference, whenever you think of social patterns that broad (basically, by gender) and you're basing it off your life experience recognize that you are wrong. when people say stuff like this it is always based off either a general lack of life experience or being in an emo mood and recently talking to like two people who expressed such opinions.