An Unsolicited compliment about Sex appeal

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 4:53:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, I am searching for "people" to answer the following question:

Have you ever been in some way the target of flirtatious behavior in which the suggestion at hand was your physicality or animal magnetism, or what have not be to such a degree that issuer of the flirtation would engage in sex with you?

As a for instance:

"Holy smokes, you are Hot... I would SO be on you..."

Have you ever delivered a line similar in intent?

Did you find it flattering? Insulting? Both, depending on circumstance?

Did you offer such with no immediate intent? DIRECT intent? Intent JUST to flatter or flirt for the sake of flattery or flirtation?

Have you ever issued such to a member of the gender of which you are not sexually compatible?

Just taking a random poll for... reasons.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 1:16:20 PM
Never been "complimented" that way except by my wife, and I've definitely never "complimented" anyone else in that way. I've thought it before, but I have a pretty good filter between my brain and my mouth.
TruthS4yer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 4:05:39 PM
It may be helpful to distinguish between online/offline as flirtation can be ramped up online, especially for teens.

I've never received a compliment like the one you described offline and I don't recall ever giving one either, though its not impossible that I could have.

I hope I wouldn't be offended if somebody paid me such a compliment, though its more direct than I would tend to use myself. I'm almost never around people I'm attracted to anyway so don't have an opportunity to flirt really.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 11:16:28 PM
At 5/19/2015 1:16:20 PM, Burzmali wrote:
Never been "complimented" that way except by my wife, and I've definitely never "complimented" anyone else in that way. I've thought it before, but I have a pretty good filter between my brain and my mouth.

Wife counts! I find it flattering when my wife says the same. Its part of the reason why I strive to keep in some... loose variety of "healthy physique".

Do you honestly feel complimented by such words? Does it give you a sense of pride? Accomplishment? Anything?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 11:18:04 PM
At 5/19/2015 4:05:39 PM, TruthS4yer wrote:
It may be helpful to distinguish between online/offline as flirtation can be ramped up online, especially for teens.

True, but the feeling behind delivery and acceptance of such a suggestion is what I am angling for.

I've never received a compliment like the one you described offline and I don't recall ever giving one either, though its not impossible that I could have.

Would you find such a phrasing, even if crude, to be complimentary?

I hope I wouldn't be offended if somebody paid me such a compliment, though its more direct than I would tend to use myself. I'm almost never around people I'm attracted to anyway so don't have an opportunity to flirt really.

Mm. Lack of sample set. That does hamper things.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 12:00:31 AM
At 5/19/2015 11:16:28 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Wife counts! I find it flattering when my wife says the same. Its part of the reason why I strive to keep in some... loose variety of "healthy physique".

Do you honestly feel complimented by such words? Does it give you a sense of pride? Accomplishment? Anything?

I do feel complimented when my wife says it seriously. Sometimes she's joking, as yours probably jokes with you. It's just nice to know someone I love finds me attractive. I might be flattered if a stranger said it to me, too. I think it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say to someone you don't have an existing intimate relationship with, though.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 12:06:33 AM
At 5/20/2015 12:00:31 AM, Burzmali wrote:
At 5/19/2015 11:16:28 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I do feel complimented when my wife says it seriously. Sometimes she's joking, as yours probably jokes with you. It's just nice to know someone I love finds me attractive. I might be flattered if a stranger said it to me, too. I think it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say to someone you don't have an existing intimate relationship with, though.

Sure, though from my social interactions, its occasionally a direct but generally well received "pickup line" by others. I am not saying its successful for the intent, but it could (as you have mentioned) be taken in a complimentary fashion, and without intent.
TruthS4yer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:26:00 PM
At 5/19/2015 11:18:04 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Would you find such a phrasing, even if crude, to be complimentary?
Sure, flattering I suppose.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:27:16 PM
why are there quotes around "people"?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 9:00:38 PM
At 5/21/2015 3:27:16 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
why are there quotes around "people"?

I have a discussion with some one else regarding the nature as to whether or not people find sexual advances, and out right sexual proposition flattering.

I was told that unless ALL people found it as such, it was an untrue statement. I countered that I just need "people" not "all people" to find said flattering for my assertion to have some truth to it. So... I am looking specifically for "people", not "all people" in which to answer the poll.