Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

LBGT equality

132sque
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 11:29:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's reasons like this lgbt want equal status. So stop your complaining for goodness sake, you are not the ones being discriminated against around the world for serious reasons. Every time you complain about gay agenda, gay marriage is wrong etc... is stuff like this we have to deal with. Someone's being thrown off the top of a building by isis, some overly christian family is disowning their child cause he just told them they were gay. Or some pedophile gets his sentence reduced because the victim might be gay. This is a whole lot more than baking some shitty cake for a wedding.

Some people don't know how lucky they are in life. I don't care for Political correctness. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on me, but don't complain when people show disgust at you for your religion or viewpoint or whatever you believe. If you can't take it don't dish it out.
TruthS4yer
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 4:17:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find the stories about LGBT people;
having all their teeth removed with pliers before being murdered....
or having all their fingers/toes cut off before being stuffed in to a mattress and set alight...
or the lesbian kidnapped and locked in a room then "correctively" raped every day by a different man until pregnant...
or the Russians, many of them teens, lured in to fake dates online then surrounded, intimidated, brutalised and humiliated by large gangs of men, with videos of it posted online, outing them to family and employers who may then fire them, as per the short video...
https://www.youtube.com...
to be more jarring personally, though certainly the case you describe is displeasing. I often can't even bring myself to read the stories in any great detail.

The sentence in your case is surprisingly light given the mass hysteria that surrounds the topic of child molestation, even without the reduction from 6 years... perhaps the hysteria isn't so strong in Argentina.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
132sque
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 7:02:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 4:17:10 PM, TruthS4yer wrote:
I find the stories about LGBT people;
having all their teeth removed with pliers before being murdered....
or having all their fingers/toes cut off before being stuffed in to a mattress and set alight...
or the lesbian kidnapped and locked in a room then "correctively" raped every day by a different man until pregnant...
or the Russians, many of them teens, lured in to fake dates online then surrounded, intimidated, brutalised and humiliated by large gangs of men, with videos of it posted online, outing them to family and employers who may then fire them, as per the short video...
https://www.youtube.com...
to be more jarring personally, though certainly the case you describe is displeasing. I often can't even bring myself to read the stories in any great detail.

The sentence in your case is surprisingly light given the mass hysteria that surrounds the topic of child molestation, even without the reduction from 6 years... perhaps the hysteria isn't so strong in Argentina.

oh i know trust me....but those are extreme cases. We are bombarded with "extremist" stories on a daily basis. The shock value seems to wear off with people these days. But cases like these which are just so and far too commun are what interest me. How freely and openly people like myself are discriminated against in such an awful way.

And yet networks like fox news are spreading how christianity is under such attack from gays wanting to get married and FORCE THEM TO BAKE THEIR CAKES. Sickens me
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 5:10:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sorry, but where is the argument supporting the conclusion that sexually deviant behavior = heterosexuality?
TruthS4yer
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:33:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 5:10:46 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Sorry, but where is the argument supporting the conclusion that sexually deviant behavior = heterosexuality?
What is the relevance of deviance? Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen anybody debating deviance here. Deviation from the status quo is certainly at the heart of progress however.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:24:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 3:33:15 PM, TruthS4yer wrote:
At 5/20/2015 5:10:46 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Sorry, but where is the argument supporting the conclusion that sexually deviant behavior = heterosexuality?
What is the relevance of deviance? Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen anybody debating deviance here. Deviation from the status quo is certainly at the heart of progress however.

You did not answer my question.

The relevance of deviance is that it apprise to the subject under discussion, and thus acts as an indicator. I am not sure where you got the idea of that this can form an argument. Deviance is at the heart of change, unless you'd consider Mao's "Great Leap Forward" a progress by definition.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:18:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 11:29:11 AM, 132sque wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's reasons like this lgbt want equal status. So stop your complaining for goodness sake, you are not the ones being discriminated against around the world for serious reasons. Every time you complain about gay agenda, gay marriage is wrong etc... is stuff like this we have to deal with. Someone's being thrown off the top of a building by isis, some overly christian family is disowning their child cause he just told them they were gay. Or some pedophile gets his sentence reduced because the victim might be gay. This is a whole lot more than baking some shitty cake for a wedding.

Some people don't know how lucky they are in life. I don't care for Political correctness. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on me, but don't complain when people show disgust at you for your religion or viewpoint or whatever you believe. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

I have a gay friend...an older guy who has been around awhile. He grew-up in a small town in Idaho and then as a young man moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and was a part of that whole 70s hippie and Gay culture deal.

So I think he know a thing or two about Gay rights and the socio-political aspect of the whole argument.

He once said something that I will never forget; I think it makes a lot of sense and explains a great deal about the Gay Rights Issue.

He is, for one: against Gay marriage. And he also believes that with all their lobbying and protesting and whining and demonstrations, and whatnot, that Gays actually bring about un-needed, and in the end, unwanted and deleterious attention upon themselves. He calls it "ghetto-iziing" themselves.

I agree with this. I't's sort of like waking the sleeping giant. Gays have enough acceptance and tolerance nowadays so they can just quiet down and go about their business and live the way they want. Enough is enough. Great strides have been made in the melding of Gays into the social strata and they should leave it be.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
TruthS4yer
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:22:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 5:24:45 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:33:15 PM, TruthS4yer wrote:
At 5/20/2015 5:10:46 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Sorry, but where is the argument supporting the conclusion that sexually deviant behavior = heterosexuality?
What is the relevance of deviance? Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen anybody debating deviance here. Deviation from the status quo is certainly at the heart of progress however.

You did not answer my question.
Yes, I queried its relevance. Your original comment seemed to suggest that somebody was making the argument "sexually deviant behaviour = heterosexuality". Nobody has made such an argument or anything similar in this thread, from what I can see.

The relevance of deviance is that it apprise to the subject under discussion, and thus acts as an indicator.
An indicator of what?

I am not sure where you got the idea of that this can form an argument.
Not sure what you mean :s.

Deviance is at the heart of change, unless you'd consider Mao's "Great Leap Forward" a progress by definition.
Yes change, which includes all progress. I.E. it has no intrinsic links to good or bad, despite occasional heterosexist insinuations to the contrary. I'd much rather have a reply to my other response to you on Promiscuity/Adoption anyhow ;). All good things come to those who wait though I guess.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
132sque
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 6:10:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 2:18:51 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 5/19/2015 11:29:11 AM, 132sque wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's reasons like this lgbt want equal status. So stop your complaining for goodness sake, you are not the ones being discriminated against around the world for serious reasons. Every time you complain about gay agenda, gay marriage is wrong etc... is stuff like this we have to deal with. Someone's being thrown off the top of a building by isis, some overly christian family is disowning their child cause he just told them they were gay. Or some pedophile gets his sentence reduced because the victim might be gay. This is a whole lot more than baking some shitty cake for a wedding.

Some people don't know how lucky they are in life. I don't care for Political correctness. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on me, but don't complain when people show disgust at you for your religion or viewpoint or whatever you believe. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

I have a gay friend...an older guy who has been around awhile. He grew-up in a small town in Idaho and then as a young man moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and was a part of that whole 70s hippie and Gay culture deal.

So I think he know a thing or two about Gay rights and the socio-political aspect of the whole argument.

He once said something that I will never forget; I think it makes a lot of sense and explains a great deal about the Gay Rights Issue.

He is, for one: against Gay marriage. And he also believes that with all their lobbying and protesting and whining and demonstrations, and whatnot, that Gays actually bring about un-needed, and in the end, unwanted and deleterious attention upon themselves. He calls it "ghetto-iziing" themselves.

I agree with this. I't's sort of like waking the sleeping giant. Gays have enough acceptance and tolerance nowadays so they can just quiet down and go about their business and live the way they want. Enough is enough. Great strides have been made in the melding of Gays into the social strata and they should leave it be.

I agree with the pettiness of a lot of what you hear. But isn't that the point...it's what we hear. We don't hear stories on the news about gays being thrown out their homes or the high suicide rate, or situations like the article i posted. All of which are all too common. Instead we get bombarded with ridiculous and petty "they won't bake our cake" scenarios. If that was all we had to worry about then damn there's nothing to complain about. But that simply is not the case. I too have many older gay friends who are against gay marriage and i'm fine with that they don't have to get married, that's completely up to them. I wish i was around to see such a change in society. But you cannot blame the younger generation who have not witnessed those hardships, who don't truly realise that such a recent change happened, to want more.

It terms of people voicing their opinion or "whining" bringing unwanted attention, you could say the same for many groups of people who are also experiencing this backlash. Feminists for example, or even teachers, you could say they have brought about a mass of unwanted attention and have too created a almost subconscious annoyance over their complaining. But what else are they supposed to do other than speak out? I love that people are willing to put themselves in those situations and speak out for what they believe in. Whatever the cause. If you don't agree thats fine, but they must have a legitimate reason to put themselves in that position of being hated for it.
132sque
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 6:11:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/23/2015 6:10:34 AM, 132sque wrote:
At 5/22/2015 2:18:51 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 5/19/2015 11:29:11 AM, 132sque wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's reasons like this lgbt want equal status. So stop your complaining for goodness sake, you are not the ones being discriminated against around the world for serious reasons. Every time you complain about gay agenda, gay marriage is wrong etc... is stuff like this we have to deal with. Someone's being thrown off the top of a building by isis, some overly christian family is disowning their child cause he just told them they were gay. Or some pedophile gets his sentence reduced because the victim might be gay. This is a whole lot more than baking some shitty cake for a wedding.

Some people don't know how lucky they are in life. I don't care for Political correctness. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on me, but don't complain when people show disgust at you for your religion or viewpoint or whatever you believe. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

I have a gay friend...an older guy who has been around awhile. He grew-up in a small town in Idaho and then as a young man moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and was a part of that whole 70s hippie and Gay culture deal.

So I think he know a thing or two about Gay rights and the socio-political aspect of the whole argument.

He once said something that I will never forget; I think it makes a lot of sense and explains a great deal about the Gay Rights Issue.

He is, for one: against Gay marriage. And he also believes that with all their lobbying and protesting and whining and demonstrations, and whatnot, that Gays actually bring about un-needed, and in the end, unwanted and deleterious attention upon themselves. He calls it "ghetto-iziing" themselves.

I agree with this. I't's sort of like waking the sleeping giant. Gays have enough acceptance and tolerance nowadays so they can just quiet down and go about their business and live the way they want. Enough is enough. Great strides have been made in the melding of Gays into the social strata and they should leave it be.

I agree with the pettiness of a lot of what you hear. But isn't that the point...it's what we hear. We don't hear stories on the news about gays being thrown out their homes or the high suicide rate, or situations like the article i posted. All of which are all too common. Instead we get bombarded with ridiculous and petty "they won't bake our cake" scenarios. If that was all we had to worry about then damn there's nothing to complain about. But that simply is not the case. I too have many older gay friends who are against gay marriage and i'm fine with that they don't have to get married, that's completely up to them. I wish i was around to see such a change in society. But you cannot blame the younger generation who have not witnessed those hardships, who don't truly realise that such a recent change happened, to want more.

It terms of people voicing their opinion or "whining" bringing unwanted attention, you could say the same for many groups of people who are also experiencing this backlash. Feminists for example, or even teachers, you could say they have brought about a mass of unwanted attention and have too created a almost subconscious annoyance over their complaining. But what else are they supposed to do other than speak out? I love that people are willing to put themselves in those situations and speak out for what they believe in. Whatever the cause. If you don't agree thats fine, but they must have a legitimate reason to put themselves in that position of being hated for it.

i agree with your point on the pettiness I meant.
iSpy
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 9:52:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 2:18:51 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


Gays have enough acceptance and tolerance nowadays so they can just quiet down and go about their business and live the way they want. Enough is enough. Great strides have been made in the melding of Gays into the social strata and they should leave it be.

I would argue that all of the "great strides" that have been made were not the result of "quieting down" and "leaving it be". That's not how progress is made in society.
belladb8s
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 11:35:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/19/2015 11:29:11 AM, 132sque wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's reasons like this lgbt want equal status. So stop your complaining for goodness sake, you are not the ones being discriminated against around the world for serious reasons. Every time you complain about gay agenda, gay marriage is wrong etc... is stuff like this we have to deal with. Someone's being thrown off the top of a building by isis, some overly christian family is disowning their child cause he just told them they were gay. Or some pedophile gets his sentence reduced because the victim might be gay. This is a whole lot more than baking some shitty cake for a wedding.

Some people don't know how lucky they are in life. I don't care for Political correctness. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on me, but don't complain when people show disgust at you for your religion or viewpoint or whatever you believe. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

What exactly (note I said exactly) are you advocating for? You name all these things that are supposedly going wrong, yet only in return express disdain towards people who disagree with you rather than an actual way of 'fixing' these alleged issues.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 1:18:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree that there are cases of homophobia, and these are morally wrong (the violence and injustice, not gay marriage or right-to-cakes). However what can we do?

Homophobic violence is illegal in most civilised societies- so what do you want to do?