Total Posts:192|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Perpetuation of Racism in America

briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:09:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There seems to be a very prominent and alarming issue in America of people, especially common among those apart of the majority or dominant demographic, denying, ignoring, and attempting to justify the issue of systematic racism that is present in the society we live in at every opportunity. These same people, whether intentionally or unintentionally use tactics, clearly fed to them in some way, mostly through political propaganda, to distract the general public from the existence of systemic racial issues affecting non-white Americans in the United States. Many of the people I am describing are on this site as well, and you know who you are.

These tactics include the use of codewords and phrases like "reverse racism", "The Race Card", "white guilt", and "race baiting" all used as distractions used to distort reality, and effectively silence anyone who speaks out against the existence of white privilege, systematic racism, or racism in general.

"playing the race card" was a phrase initially used to describe a person who makes unfounded, and false assertions about racism in a situation where it is not present. Now it has become a weapon used to silence any minority that even attempts to bring attention to or speak out against the racism they experience, that is present in society. And the same people who accuse minorities of playing the "race card" themselves play the race card by saying things like "Why is there no WET (White Entertainment Network) or NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People)?" as if any of these things are necessary or comparable to what minorities have.

"white guilt" is another phrase mainly pushed by white conservatives in America. You hear it a lot on FOX News. The only difference is that it used as a weapon to silence any white person that is aware of this issue, and dares to speak out against it or even acknowledge it's existence. It's their way of trying to force whites into believing that they are committing "racial suicide" and being hateful towards their own race for being aware of the struggles that people of color in America experience, that they do not.

Many white people who think this way try to find every reason to pretend they are the ones being discriminated against or oppressed in society because of their race, even though they have the most power and privilege. They also purposely interpret everything I say as an attack against white people, allowing themselves to completely disregard everything I am saying and falsely accuse me of being a "racist".

Affirmative Action is a great example of this. This is like a "go-to" issue for many white conservatives in America who want to pretend to be oppressed and victims of racism and discrimination. They are quick to complain about how racist AA is, yet completely ignore and remain silent about the racial bias and discrimination against minorities, specifically blacks, non-white Latinos, Middle Easterners, Native Americans, and Southeast Asians in education and employment, which is still a prominent issue in America til this day. But they completely ignore this because it doesn't affect them personally. In fact, they also benefit from this, and when that was discovered they suddenly had a change in attitude about it, according to a sociological study.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

And many of them know that without AA, this bias is allowed to continue on an even worse scale. That the system is bias and skewed in favor of white individuals. They pretend that everyone would be judged equally, solely on merit, but that is not the case. It's like saying, "Banning gay marriage is not discrimination because gay people can still marry the opposite sex" - While that may be true, it's still not equal under the surface, and everyone knows this. But these people don't care, and use this same tactic with racial issues. Of course, this is one of many many examples.

Someone also dared to accuse me, a person of color, of thinking all black people were inherently too "dumb", and "incapable" of being successful on their own because I thought AA was necessary even though I provided irrefutable evidence proving they are at a disadvantage. I couldn't help but laugh at the blatant ignorance of people who say this, because it clearly being used as a distraction from the real issue. It's also a blatant distortion of my beliefs, which is nothing but dishonest.

They pretend as if racism against people of color ended in the 60's and ignore all the systems that were put in place in the last 50 years that marginalized these groups into impoverished conditions which covertly, and negatively affected the quality of their education and lives in America. Just because it's not overt discrimination, and as obvious and direct as Jim Crow, doesn't mean it's doesn't exist.

They also try desperately to compare non-white groups to each other, in attempt to undermine the struggles of one group over another. Although all minorities face some kind of discrimination, the histories and experiences are not the same for everyone. For example, you can't undermine the struggles of blacks in America, most of whom are descendants of slavery, segregation and Jim Crow to East Asians in America, most of whom are considerably wealthy and highly educated recent immigrants who came to states to pursue further education and business opportunities. They aren't subjected to the same negative stereotypes, bias, and oppressive history.

Victim blaming is also an issue, and some people try very hard to justify the racism that minorities face, by blaming them for it. For example, the disproportionate amount of unarmed black men being racial profiled by police. Even if the statistics show they commit more of certain crimes, that doesn't justify racial profiling. A black man who worked hard and brought an expensive vehicle shouldn't be constantly pulled over by cops and interrogated for it. If all white men were assumed to be serial killers, even though they make up the majority of serial murder cases, this would be looked down upon as it should.

The perpetuation and denial of systematic racism and white privilege in America is still clearly a very real and serious issue, but let's be clear about a few things. I am not saying all white people are racist. I am not saying all people of color are incapable of being bigoted towards white people, or other people of color for that matter. But systematic racism does exist, white privilege does exist. The United States itself was built on white supremacy, and no matter what your circumstances are, if you are white, racially, you have an advantage. You benefit from this, even if you don't realize it, because part of being privileged is being oblivious to it.

However, all of these pathetic distractions that people use to deny, ignore, and justify it only worsens the issue and strains race relations between the American people. Some do it on purpose because they want to continue to live a life of entitlement, while others do so out of ignorance. Either way don't be afraid of looking at things outside of your own perspective, and actually listen to what people have to say about it.

Feel free to let me know what you think, but I know some of you will completely disregard, or deny everything I am saying, and probably resort to the very distractions I mentioned above, or say something irrelevant, or bigoted, thereby proving my point once again.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:28:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is an insightful post, and you raise good points. It seems to me that the key distinction to be made, as you have correctly done so, is racism as a systematic phenomenon, and racism as an irregular occurrence. The latter can be experienced by any group in the country, it seems; and, yes, whites are no exception. The former, however, is far more problematic; when the justice system or media bias both target one group, and sadly the one that is challenged the most, it is no longer a simple matter of racism; it becomes a corruption in society, in which that one group comes to face obstacles in a plethora of aspects in life, particularly on the social aspect. It thus makes no sense to attempt to reverse the roles, for they cannot be reversed when one group is systematically more challenged than the other.

Someone mentioned in the other thread the murder of a white Bosnian-American by blacks; I read about this on Bosnian sites as well. This is, naturally, equally horrific as the death of a black person in the hands of a white. However, the distinction to be made is that events independent of any pattern may happen for racist reasons, but, when events happen in an almost predictable fashion, for which a systematic cause can be deemed a factor, then there is a much larger issue on a societal level that needs to be addressed. I, specifically, refer to the cop murders of innocent black individuals.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 8:17:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:28:25 AM, Mirza wrote:
This is an insightful post, and you raise good points. It seems to me that the key distinction to be made, as you have correctly done so, is racism as a systematic phenomenon, and racism as an irregular occurrence. The latter can be experienced by any group in the country, it seems; and, yes, whites are no exception. The former, however, is far more problematic; when the justice system or media bias both target one group, and sadly the one that is challenged the most, it is no longer a simple matter of racism; it becomes a corruption in society, in which that one group comes to face obstacles in a plethora of aspects in life, particularly on the social aspect. It thus makes no sense to attempt to reverse the roles, for they cannot be reversed when one group is systematically more challenged than the other.

Thank you! I am glad you took the time to read and comprehend the points I made about this issue that most people seem to be blissfully unaware of. A lot of people, on this site included, are especially guilty of the things I mentioned. Instead of confronting these issues directly, examining why they exist, they either ignore them or make excuses for them in some way to distract others. No one is denying that white people can and do experience racism, or prejudice, but it's not a systemic issue and cannot be compared to the racism and prejudice experienced by minorities. In the end, whites in America still have the advantage.

Someone mentioned in the other thread the murder of a white Bosnian-American by blacks; I read about this on Bosnian sites as well. This is, naturally, equally horrific as the death of a black person in the hands of a white. However, the distinction to be made is that events independent of any pattern may happen for racist reasons, but, when events happen in an almost predictable fashion, for which a systematic cause can be deemed a factor, then there is a much larger issue on a societal level that needs to be addressed. I, specifically, refer to the cop murders of innocent black individuals.

Exactly right, and I know exactly who you are talking about because the same person that posted that did so dozens of times on this site. She seems to think that because the media doesn't cover incidences like this on a national/global level, and instead have recently been talking a lot about police killings of unarmed black men, that blacks have "privilege" and the media is biased against white people. This is simply not true. For one, there is nothing "privileged" about black men being more likely to experience brutality or be killed by police, even when unarmed.

And I explained to her more than once that the recent coverage of these issues stem from decades of these incidences being ignored, and police getting away with these crimes. And that because people are finally speaking out, and protesting, the media is simply taking advantage of this for ratings. The media doesn't report the overwhelming majority of white on white, black on white, black on black, or even white on black crimes.

She just wants to silence people and distract them from the bigger picture, which is partly inspired me to call out her ignorance, because it is destructive. But she doesn't listen to what anyone has to say, and is always resorting to these race baiting tactics, fueling the racist attitudes and ignorance of racial issues that is present on this site.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 9:51:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Valiant effort, and I largely agree but you know calling out structural/systemic/institutionalized racism is equivalent to calling all white people KKK members around here and saying that black people killing white people is "A OK" (which, of course it isn't).

http://www.alternet.org...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:03:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, when people say these things, it can be for those reasons, or it can be because they actually believe them. For example, playing the race card can be used to dismiss accusations as relevant, or it can be because the accusations are false. The entire OP is confirmation bias, because it assumes systematic racism is in full swing and that people use these terms/ideas to silence critics, as opposed to defending against the accusation.

I have had an idea, though.
Brian, define racism. I think a major obstacle in having open discussions is due to this nebulous word. To me, racism is discrimination based on race, which, by definition, makes affirmative action racist. To say it isn't, is either disingenuous or because you have a different definition. If you were to say that AA is "good" racism, while the KKK is "bad" racism, that's something, but, it shows that racism is acceptable in our society depending on the purpose of said discrimination (which, to me, is thought police).

Now, since the idea of racism is to discriminate (i.e. treat differently), calling policies that have a disparate impact on a race is, then, NOT racism, since the discrimination is not based on race. If you can make the case that race is the true unspoken reason, great, but if not, then, how is it racism? For example, if blacks live in poverty and are on welfare in higher rates than whites, from a bank's perspective, they are higher risks, and so banks refuse loans, or even checking accounts, at higher rates due to this lack of income. How is this racist, when the issue is income, not race?
By calling this systematic racism, it implies there is a conscious effort to treat one race worse than another, when that is hardly the case. So, to correct this so-called injustice, something needs to be done about the cause of the situation (income levels), not blame the immediate injustice (banks) for "perpetuating racism".

I wonder if people were to call it something like "perpetuating disenfranchisement" or something similar, more people would listen/discuss without being so emotional. Because, saying that the bank is aiding racism is a misnomer, and insinuates there is an ulterior motive for their actions, which is false.

The same could be said about many things, like education, employment, and even policing policies.
My work here is, finally, done.
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:24:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 9:51:03 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Valiant effort, and I largely agree but you know calling out structural/systemic/institutionalized racism is equivalent to calling all white people KKK members around here and saying that black people killing white people is "A OK" (which, of course it isn't).

http://www.alternet.org...

Yes, and I am definitely aware of this. Those are definitely examples of the distractions I mentioned that I have experienced, which is why I felt the need to call them out. But you are correct, most of what I am saying will simply be misinterpreted as an "attack on white people" as it usually is. Most people on this site don't take the time to listen to what anyone has to say about race issues, they simply want to distract you from the real race issues, and pretend they are victims.

https://lubricity.files.wordpress.com...
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:34:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:03:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Yes, when people say these things, it can be for those reasons, or it can be because they actually believe them. For example, playing the race card can be used to dismiss accusations as relevant, or it can be because the accusations are false. The entire OP is confirmation bias, because it assumes systematic racism is in full swing and that people use these terms/ideas to silence critics, as opposed to defending against the accusation.

Whether or not they actually believe these things, doesn't make it correct, because they aren't and there is plenty of evidence to support the existence of these issues and their presence in American culture and society. You accuse my OP of containing "confirmation bias" because, like the people I described, you are blissfully unaware of these issues yourself. Being unaware doesn't stop them from existing. And as far as I am concerned, accusing someone of "playing the race card" for pointing them out is merely a distraction, not a valid refutation.

I have had an idea, though.
Brian, define racism. I think a major obstacle in having open discussions is due to this nebulous word. To me, racism is discrimination based on race, which, by definition, makes affirmative action racist. To say it isn't, is either disingenuous or because you have a different definition. If you were to say that AA is "good" racism, while the KKK is "bad" racism, that's something, but, it shows that racism is acceptable in our society depending on the purpose of said discrimination (which, to me, is thought police).

Racism is, by definition,

1. Poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race.

2. The belief that one's race is inherently superior to others.

3. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, which is correlated with the last two definitions.

Racism is not entirely based on discrimination. But the reason why Affirmative Action is not racist is because it is not based on any direct or indirect form of discrimination. It is based on quotas meant to prevent employers, and educational institutions from being biased and discriminating against women, and people of color. Its purpose is to level the playing field for those who are disenfranchised in society.

However, you yourself even admitted to being for discrimination in general, based on any reason, including race, so I fail to see why you would be against Affirmative Action even if it was created to discriminate. Oh I think I know why, it's because you feel threatened by something that doesn't place white people at an advantage, or that you feel discriminates against white people, specifically white men such as yourself. Yet, had I asked you if you were okay with a white employer refusing to hire a black person because of their race, you would say yes and claim he has the right to "Freedom of Association". But AA, which was created to combat this, you are suddenly against, which to me is a bit hypocritical. This is exactly what I was addressing in the OP, people, specifically those of the dominant group in society, who perpetuate systems, and policies that only benefit themselves. This is nothing new, there are studies that prove this as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now, since the idea of racism is to discriminate (i.e. treat differently), calling policies that have a disparate impact on a race is, then, NOT racism, since the discrimination is not based on race. If you can make the case that race is the true unspoken reason, great, but if not, then, how is it racism? For example, if blacks live in poverty and are on welfare in higher rates than whites, from a bank's perspective, they are higher risks, and so banks refuse loans, or even checking accounts, at higher rates due to this lack of income. How is this racist, when the issue is income, not race?

The issue is not entirely based on "income". This is, yet another, distraction. What you seem to ignore is how this issue of wealth disparity between different races came to be in the first place. It's called redlining. And this has been a prominent issue even after the Civil Rights Movement. Black people were not all dirt poor, although most had much less. Many of their communities were overrun with local businesses, and many blacks worked very hard with what they had to accumulate enough wealth to support their families, but when they tried to move to more affluent, white dominated communities to seek better opportunities, despite being able to afford it, they were overwhelmingly rejected. Meanwhile, whites who had even less were accepted in large numbers. Over time, this took a huge toll on the lives of black Americans, as they were consistently marginalized into poverty, being denied jobs at alarming rates despite qualifications. The government began demanding an increase in expenses, and home pricing in their communities, forcing them into "ghettos" and urban communities you see today. This continued to affect their educational, job opportunities, their quality of life, as well as the lives of their children, and grandchildren. Redlining is still happening, but has been renamed as "gentrification". Many blacks are still affected by it, as well as the redlining their ancestors endured. This is also another reason why Affirmative Action still exists today.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.theatlantic.com...

By calling this systematic racism, it implies there is a conscious effort to treat one race worse than another, when that is hardly the case. So, to correct this so-called injustice, something needs to be done about the cause of the situation (income levels), not blame the immediate injustice (banks) for "perpetuating racism".

That is not what systematic racism implies. Systematic racism refers to how society is structured to stigmatize minorities and place them at a disadvantage, while giving advantages to the majority. As I stated above, this "income" excuse is merely another distraction from the real issue. The income disparity present between certain minorities and white people is a result of both overt and covert systematic racism they and their ancestors endured. It does not imply that society as a whole is racist, or that all white people are racist, but all white people still benefit from this racism.

I wonder if people were to call it something like "perpetuating disenfranchisement" or something similar, more people would listen/discuss without being so emotional. Because, saying that the bank is aiding racism is a misnomer, and insinuates there is an ulterior motive for their actions, which is false.

It is not false, and this issues extends much further back, as I mentioned. Covert discrimination may not be as prominent in banks today, but blacks are still affected by it, as well as the overt discrimination their parents, and grandparents endured when it was happening at alarming rates back then. It doesn't just go away. The effects are still present in modern society.

The same could be said about many things, like education, employment, and even policing policies.

Yes, there is systematic racism in education, employment and policing policies as well as many other things. Please watch the video I provided.

https://www.youtube.com...
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:36:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you

So you have no arguments or refutations, you're just mouthing off like a mentally challenged hyena. You're not willing to have a civil and intelligent discussion, you just want to generalize, make racist comments and insult people. Goodbye, thanks for playing. Go back to justifying lynchings of black men by falsely accusing them of raping white women you tired troll.
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 12:05:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 11:36:24 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you

So you have no arguments or refutations, you're just mouthing off like a mentally challenged hyena.

That was you in your last thread. Your side devolved into name calling, generalizations, and unsourced claims which I quickly debunked with a source. You were a liar, a hypocrite, and unable of presenting a rational argument.

You're not willing to have a civil and intelligent discussion, you just want to generalize, make racist comments and insult people. And I thought liberals were tolerant people who hated using "mentally challenged" as a slur. I guess they don't mind when one uses one as a slur I guess.

While it would be amazing to have a rational discussion, you are completely unreasonable. While I attempt to debate with you, you simply cannot present a rational, coherent argument. Your sources (the two sources you used) are faulty, your reasoning is shot, and you are a greater wreck than the Hindenburg

Goodbye, thanks for playing. Go back to justifying lynchings of black men by falsely accusing them of raping white women you tired troll.

Why do you think lynching was caused by black men simply walking down the street? In the last thread I demostrated there was 1,300 white men lynched, and there were much more whites lynched in northern states. Why you ask? Because they did a crime. While I don't support an extrajudicial mob taking the law into their own hands, it's an important fact of history that is often overlooks. Who controls the present controls the past....
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 12:06:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 8:17:47 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
Thank you! I am glad you took the time to read and comprehend the points I made about this issue that most people seem to be blissfully unaware of.
My pleasure, Sir.

A lot of people, on this site included, are especially guilty of the things I mentioned. Instead of confronting these issues directly, examining why they exist, they either ignore them or make excuses for them in some way to distract others. No one is denying that white people can and do experience racism, or prejudice, but it's not a systemic issue and cannot be compared to the racism and prejudice experienced by minorities. In the end, whites in America still have the advantage.
Agreed.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 12:51:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 12:05:37 PM, BasicLogic wrote:
At 5/22/2015 11:36:24 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you

So you have no arguments or refutations, you're just mouthing off like a mentally challenged hyena.

That was you in your last thread. Your side devolved into name calling, generalizations, and unsourced claims which I quickly debunked with a source. You were a liar, a hypocrite, and unable of presenting a rational argument.

No, that was still you. Remember these?

"What bothers me about race is how racist liberals are."

"They have set beliefs of how every race is."

"Whites are ALL racist nazis who personally owned 20 slaves each"

"Blacks are dumb, poor, uneducated, and need Affirmative action because merit is racist"

"Conservatives are all evil KKK members who should be tortured to death and their whole families should be put in gulags where us TOLERANT liberals whip them daily."


"Most believe whites are naturally racist and generally distasteful people"

"Then explain all the race baiting and us vs them ideology in liberal media such as CNN."


And don't forget about the good stuff...

"Never working a day in your life with food stamps?"

"Liberal groups are parading half naked men and trannies with fake penises in front of children."

"You mean that black thug culture, praising ghettoness, sex, drugs, violence, and all types of sin incarnate isn't the issue?"

"Black people have the warrior gene, which leads to violence, bad decisions, addiction, irrationability, ect."

"58% of blacks have genes that lead to violence."

"Both abuse welfare and substances, but black ones are also violent and criminal."

"Now, they get free food, housing, money, college, education, the race card, ect."

"Because they work hard and don't act all ghetto like blacks do"


You denying and refusing to accept or provide evidence...

"I can not list the specific genes that differentiates blacks and whites because i do not have a PHD yet. They do exist, otherwise we would look exactly the same"

"I have no time to watch the rest of these most likely cherry picked videos"

"I'm not going to go comb through the human genome project to find every single trait."

"Playing the MUH EVIDENCE GAME huh?"


You willingness to deny evidence, your prejudice, and bigoted statements about liberals and black people are all right in front of you. This is why you I can't take you seriously. You're a joke. Goodbye.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 12:59:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, because I the White guy am so powerful...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:06:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Hey you Black people, we need to talk about race. You guys need to stop making poor choices and acting like thugs. By the way, I am not being racist here if you're offended by this it's because of Black Fragility and a refusal to take responsibility for your crimes."

Nope, that wasn't racist at all. I don't understand why I'm receiving hostile responses. Nope.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:10:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 12:59:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Yes, because I the White guy am so powerful...

Thanks for completely missing the overall premise and resorting to the very distractions I mentioned in the OP. I appreciate you helping me prove my point.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:11:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 1:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
"Hey you Black people, we need to talk about race. You guys need to stop making poor choices and acting like thugs. By the way, I am not being racist here if you're offended by this it's because of Black Fragility and a refusal to take responsibility for your crimes."

Nope, that wasn't racist at all. I don't understand why I'm receiving hostile responses. Nope.

Again, thank you so much for helping me prove my point!
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:19:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 1:11:14 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
"Hey you Black people, we need to talk about race. You guys need to stop making poor choices and acting like thugs. By the way, I am not being racist here if you're offended by this it's because of Black Fragility and a refusal to take responsibility for your crimes."

Nope, that wasn't racist at all. I don't understand why I'm receiving hostile responses. Nope.

Again, thank you so much for helping me prove my point!

Actually, I was the one making a point here. Were I to make a thread where I seriously said the above which is in quotation marks, regardless of my claims of it not being offensive or that the hostile response was due to black oversensitivity, the truth of the matter is that black people would be well within their rights to respond angrily to material which is clearly offensive towards them.
Seeing as your whole post is basically "it's the White guy's fault he needs to recognize his privilege and the fact that he's oppressing blacks", you should've expected nothing less than a whole bunch of angry white people responding in hostility.

In truth, the plight of blacks is a combination of both a condition wrought upon them by white society and the poor decisions of many black individuals. To say that "it's the fault of black people" or "it's the fault of white people" is only half-true.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:21:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 12:51:39 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 12:05:37 PM, BasicLogic wrote:
At 5/22/2015 11:36:24 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you

So you have no arguments or refutations, you're just mouthing off like a mentally challenged hyena.

That was you in your last thread. Your side devolved into name calling, generalizations, and unsourced claims which I quickly debunked with a source. You were a liar, a hypocrite, and unable of presenting a rational argument.

No, that was still you. Remember these?

"What bothers me about race is how racist liberals are."

"They have set beliefs of how every race is."

"Whites are ALL racist nazis who personally owned 20 slaves each"

"Blacks are dumb, poor, uneducated, and need Affirmative action because merit is racist"

"Conservatives are all evil KKK members who should be tortured to death and their whole families should be put in gulags where us TOLERANT liberals whip them daily."


"Most believe whites are naturally racist and generally distasteful people"

"Then explain all the race baiting and us vs them ideology in liberal media such as CNN."


And don't forget about the good stuff...

"Never working a day in your life with food stamps?"

"Liberal groups are parading half naked men and trannies with fake penises in front of children."

"You mean that black thug culture, praising ghettoness, sex, drugs, violence, and all types of sin incarnate isn't the issue?"

"Black people have the warrior gene, which leads to violence, bad decisions, addiction, irrationability, ect."

"58% of blacks have genes that lead to violence."

"Both abuse welfare and substances, but black ones are also violent and criminal."

"Now, they get free food, housing, money, college, education, the race card, ect."

"Because they work hard and don't act all ghetto like blacks do"


You denying and refusing to accept or provide evidence...

"I can not list the specific genes that differentiates blacks and whites because i do not have a PHD yet. They do exist, otherwise we would look exactly the same"

"I have no time to watch the rest of these most likely cherry picked videos"

"I'm not going to go comb through the human genome project to find every single trait."

"Playing the MUH EVIDENCE GAME huh?"


You willingness to deny evidence, your prejudice, and bigoted statements about liberals and black people are all right in front of you. This is why you I can't take you seriously. You're a joke. Goodbye.


Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ohohohohohogohhoohohohoh. You deliberately left out he posts where I defended and proved each of those points. Nice cherry picking. Also, you have not shown me one credible source, your posts have just been ad hominems. And you seem extremely eager to spout liberal buzzwords like problematic, systematic, racist, generalization. You are the true bigot here. You generalized me as a white racist with no evidence. When I use facts and statistics all you can do is call me racist. You are a joke. A pathetic, frail, joke. You are a shadow of memory of a joke.
Your arguments are essentially just name calling and finger pointing. You are delusional, detached from reality. Last thread you can see yourself slowly losing your mind as your arguments dissolves into the nothing that it sprung from. Ur da racys. Ur da biget. I no wuna Turk 2 u lol. U su predajuc. Please, come back when you have a claim to argue that you back up with sources. I destroyed all your arguments in the previous thread so hard you went back crying into your liberal echo chambers.

When I get home to a computer I'll refute all of your points
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:28:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 1:19:41 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:11:14 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
"Hey you Black people, we need to talk about race. You guys need to stop making poor choices and acting like thugs. By the way, I am not being racist here if you're offended by this it's because of Black Fragility and a refusal to take responsibility for your crimes."

Nope, that wasn't racist at all. I don't understand why I'm receiving hostile responses. Nope.

Again, thank you so much for helping me prove my point!

Actually, I was the one making a point here. Were I to make a thread where I seriously said the above which is in quotation marks, regardless of my claims of it not being offensive or that the hostile response was due to black oversensitivity, the truth of the matter is that black people would be well within their rights to respond angrily to material which is clearly offensive towards them.
Seeing as your whole post is basically "it's the White guy's fault he needs to recognize his privilege and the fact that he's oppressing blacks", you should've expected nothing less than a whole bunch of angry white people responding in hostility.

No, you were expressing exactly how you feel about blacks, and trying to justify it by falsely accusing my post of being an attack on white people, which is exactly what I said you would do in the OP. So thanks for that.

In truth, the plight of blacks is a combination of both a condition wrought upon them by white society and the poor decisions of many black individuals. To say that "it's the fault of black people" or "it's the fault of white people" is only half-true.

I never said anything was anyone's fault in particular, so again, thank you for distorting my words, resorting to petty distractions in a failed attempt to completely disregard what I said in a condescending matter because you were butt-hurt about it instead of actually reading and thinking critically about any of the points I made. It's this kind of attitude, and closed minded mentality that furthers racism in society. So again, thank you very much.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:29:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 1:21:14 PM, BasicLogic wrote:
At 5/22/2015 12:51:39 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 12:05:37 PM, BasicLogic wrote:
At 5/22/2015 11:36:24 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:46:54 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Man I love you Brian. You lost decisively in a discussion with me so you create a hug box thread with all your liberal buddies so you guys can jerk each other off and not face evil things like facts and sources that I gave you

So you have no arguments or refutations, you're just mouthing off like a mentally challenged hyena.

That was you in your last thread. Your side devolved into name calling, generalizations, and unsourced claims which I quickly debunked with a source. You were a liar, a hypocrite, and unable of presenting a rational argument.

No, that was still you. Remember these?

"What bothers me about race is how racist liberals are."

"They have set beliefs of how every race is."

"Whites are ALL racist nazis who personally owned 20 slaves each"

"Blacks are dumb, poor, uneducated, and need Affirmative action because merit is racist"

"Conservatives are all evil KKK members who should be tortured to death and their whole families should be put in gulags where us TOLERANT liberals whip them daily."


"Most believe whites are naturally racist and generally distasteful people"

"Then explain all the race baiting and us vs them ideology in liberal media such as CNN."


And don't forget about the good stuff...

"Never working a day in your life with food stamps?"

"Liberal groups are parading half naked men and trannies with fake penises in front of children."

"You mean that black thug culture, praising ghettoness, sex, drugs, violence, and all types of sin incarnate isn't the issue?"

"Black people have the warrior gene, which leads to violence, bad decisions, addiction, irrationability, ect."

"58% of blacks have genes that lead to violence."

"Both abuse welfare and substances, but black ones are also violent and criminal."

"Now, they get free food, housing, money, college, education, the race card, ect."

"Because they work hard and don't act all ghetto like blacks do"


You denying and refusing to accept or provide evidence...

"I can not list the specific genes that differentiates blacks and whites because i do not have a PHD yet. They do exist, otherwise we would look exactly the same"

"I have no time to watch the rest of these most likely cherry picked videos"

"I'm not going to go comb through the human genome project to find every single trait."

"Playing the MUH EVIDENCE GAME huh?"


You willingness to deny evidence, your prejudice, and bigoted statements about liberals and black people are all right in front of you. This is why you I can't take you seriously. You're a joke. Goodbye.



Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ohohohohohogohhoohohohoh. You deliberately left out he posts where I defended and proved each of those points. Nice cherry picking. Also, you have not shown me one credible source, your posts have just been ad hominems. And you seem extremely eager to spout liberal buzzwords like problematic, systematic, racist, generalization. You are the true bigot here. You generalized me as a white racist with no evidence. When I use facts and statistics all you can do is call me racist. You are a joke. A pathetic, frail, joke. You are a shadow of memory of a joke.
Your arguments are essentially just name calling and finger pointing. You are delusional, detached from reality. Last thread you can see yourself slowly losing your mind as your arguments dissolves into the nothing that it sprung from. Ur da racys. Ur da biget. I no wuna Turk 2 u lol. U su predajuc. Please, come back when you have a claim to argue that you back up with sources. I destroyed all your arguments in the previous thread so hard you went back crying into your liberal echo chambers.

When I get home to a computer I'll refute all of your points

Okay, thanks for your input.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 1:36:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:09:13 AM, briantheliberal wrote:

Lol: National Association for the Advancement of White People

"Many white people who think this way try to find every reason to pretend they are the ones being discriminated against or oppressed in society because of their race, even though they have the most power and privilege."

I absolutely agree with this, the same goes for men nowadays who think they're the ones being oppressed now because women want equality.

"That the system is bias and skewed in favor of white individuals."

I agree with this as well, where also men now think that the system is skewed in favor of women now.

"Someone also dared to accuse me, a person of color, of thinking all black people were inherently too "dumb", and "incapable" of being successful on their own"

Why would you call yourself dumb and/or incapable?

"Just because it's not overt discrimination, and as obvious and direct as Jim Crow, doesn't mean it's doesn't exist."

I have noticed that people do tend to ignore things that aren't black and white or right in their faces with clear and defined laws.

"They also try desperately to compare non-white groups to each other, in attempt to undermine the struggles of one group over another."

That ridiculous. You are 100% correct that the non-white groups have had radically different struggles compared to the other ones.

"Victim blaming is also an issue, and some people try very hard to justify the racism that minorities face, by blaming them for it."

Ugh, that reminds me of girls being blamed for being raped like "they were asking for it". However, I do agree with racial profiling, but the target should be to the "urban trash" who will commit crimes.

"I am not saying all white people are racist"

I don't know how people could come to that conclusion from your post lol, if they do then that's only proving your point.

Overall, I have to agree with the others. This was a very insightful and well-written post.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 1:28:41 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:19:41 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:11:14 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 5/22/2015 1:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
"Hey you Black people, we need to talk about race. You guys need to stop making poor choices and acting like thugs. By the way, I am not being racist here if you're offended by this it's because of Black Fragility and a refusal to take responsibility for your crimes."

Nope, that wasn't racist at all. I don't understand why I'm receiving hostile responses. Nope.

Again, thank you so much for helping me prove my point!

Actually, I was the one making a point here. Were I to make a thread where I seriously said the above which is in quotation marks, regardless of my claims of it not being offensive or that the hostile response was due to black oversensitivity, the truth of the matter is that black people would be well within their rights to respond angrily to material which is clearly offensive towards them.
Seeing as your whole post is basically "it's the White guy's fault he needs to recognize his privilege and the fact that he's oppressing blacks", you should've expected nothing less than a whole bunch of angry white people responding in hostility.

No, you were expressing exactly how you feel about blacks, and trying to justify it by falsely accusing my post of being an attack on white people, which is exactly what I said you would do in the OP. So thanks for that.

Now who's thinking irrationally?

In truth, the plight of blacks is a combination of both a condition wrought upon them by white society and the poor decisions of many black individuals. To say that "it's the fault of black people" or "it's the fault of white people" is only half-true.

I never said anything was anyone's fault in particular, so again, thank you for distorting my words, resorting to petty distractions in a failed attempt to completely disregard what I said in a condescending matter because you were butt-hurt about it instead of actually reading and thinking critically about any of the points I made. It's this kind of attitude, and closed minded mentality that furthers racism in society. So again, thank you very much.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:10:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:09:13 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
There seems to be a very prominent and alarming issue in America of people, especially common among those apart of the majority or dominant demographic, denying, ignoring, and attempting to justify the issue of systematic racism that is present in the society we live in at every opportunity. These same people, whether intentionally or unintentionally use tactics, clearly fed to them in some way, mostly through political propaganda, to distract the general public from the existence of systemic racial issues affecting non-white Americans in the United States. Many of the people I am describing are on this site as well, and you know who you are.

These tactics include the use of codewords and phrases like "reverse racism", "The Race Card", "white guilt", and "race baiting" all used as distractions used to distort reality, and effectively silence anyone who speaks out against the existence of white privilege, systematic racism, or racism in general.

"playing the race card" was a phrase initially used to describe a person who makes unfounded, and false assertions about racism in a situation where it is not present. Now it has become a weapon used to silence any minority that even attempts to bring attention to or speak out against the racism they experience, that is present in society. And the same people who accuse minorities of playing the "race card" themselves play the race card by saying things like "Why is there no WET (White Entertainment Network) or NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People)?" as if any of these things are necessary or comparable to what minorities have.

"white guilt" is another phrase mainly pushed by white conservatives in America. You hear it a lot on FOX News. The only difference is that it used as a weapon to silence any white person that is aware of this issue, and dares to speak out against it or even acknowledge it's existence. It's their way of trying to force whites into believing that they are committing "racial suicide" and being hateful towards their own race for being aware of the struggles that people of color in America experience, that they do not.

Many white people who think this way try to find every reason to pretend they are the ones being discriminated against or oppressed in society because of their race, even though they have the most power and privilege. They also purposely interpret everything I say as an attack against white people, allowing themselves to completely disregard everything I am saying and falsely accuse me of being a "racist".

Affirmative Action is a great example of this. This is like a "go-to" issue for many white conservatives in America who want to pretend to be oppressed and victims of racism and discrimination. They are quick to complain about how racist AA is, yet completely ignore and remain silent about the racial bias and discrimination against minorities, specifically blacks, non-white Latinos, Middle Easterners, Native Americans, and Southeast Asians in education and employment, which is still a prominent issue in America til this day. But they completely ignore this because it doesn't affect them personally. In fact, they also benefit from this, and when that was discovered they suddenly had a change in attitude about it, according to a sociological study.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

And many of them know that without AA, this bias is allowed to continue on an even worse scale. That the system is bias and skewed in favor of white individuals. They pretend that everyone would be judged equally, solely on merit, but that is not the case. It's like saying, "Banning gay marriage is not discrimination because gay people can still marry the opposite sex" - While that may be true, it's still not equal under the surface, and everyone knows this. But these people don't care, and use this same tactic with racial issues. Of course, this is one of many many examples.

Someone also dared to accuse me, a person of color, of thinking all black people were inherently too "dumb", and "incapable" of being successful on their own because I thought AA was necessary even though I provided irrefutable evidence proving they are at a disadvantage. I couldn't help but laugh at the blatant ignorance of people who say this, because it clearly being used as a distraction from the real issue. It's also a blatant distortion of my beliefs, which is nothing but dishonest.

They pretend as if racism against people of color ended in the 60's and ignore all the systems that were put in place in the last 50 years that marginalized these groups into impoverished conditions which covertly, and negatively affected the quality of their education and lives in America. Just because it's not overt discrimination, and as obvious and direct as Jim Crow, doesn't mean it's doesn't exist.

They also try desperately to compare non-white groups to each other, in attempt to undermine the struggles of one group over another. Although all minorities face some kind of discrimination, the histories and experiences are not the same for everyone. For example, you can't undermine the struggles of blacks in America, most of whom are descendants of slavery, segregation and Jim Crow to East Asians in America, most of whom are considerably wealthy and highly educated recent immigrants who came to states to pursue further education and business opportunities. They aren't subjected to the same negative stereotypes, bias, and oppressive history.

Victim blaming is also an issue, and some people try very hard to justify the racism that minorities face, by blaming them for it. For example, the disproportionate amount of unarmed black men being racial profiled by police. Even if the statistics show they commit more of certain crimes, that doesn't justify racial profiling. A black man who worked hard and brought an expensive vehicle shouldn't be constantly pulled over by cops and interrogated for it. If all white men were assumed to be serial killers, even though they make up the majority of serial murder cases, this would be looked down upon as it should.

The perpetuation and denial of systematic racism and white privilege in America is still clearly a very real and serious issue, but let's be clear about a few things. I am not saying all white people are racist. I am not saying all people of color are incapable of being bigoted towards white people, or other people of color for that matter. But systematic racism does exist, white privilege does exist. The United States itself was built on white supremacy, and no matter what your circumstances are, if you are white, racially, you have an advantage. You benefit from this, even if you don't realize it, because part of being privileged is being oblivious to it.


If you're really committed to having a reasoned, well thought out and civil debate about the existence of racism and what we should do about it I will either have a formal, 6 round debate with you on the debate section or a webcam debate on Skype that I will allow any member of DDO to view. Forums are primarily for casual discussion on issues, not multi-paragraph debates.

Until you are willing to debate me or someone else in a formal and serious manner I am not interested in what you have to say, I say this with no intent to offend. I hope you accept my challenge, thanks.

P.S If we do a website debate I'd like to use an LD format.
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:50:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:09:13 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
There seems to be a very prominent and alarming issue in America of people, especially common among those apart of the majority or dominant demographic.

IE: Common of White people.

denying, ignoring, and attempting to justify the issue of systematic racism that is present in the society we live in at every opportunity.

IE: White people are denying, ignoring, and justifying racism.
You just proved my "Generalization"

These same people, whether intentionally or unintentionally use tactics, clearly fed to them in some way, mostly through political propaganda,

What political propaganda? I see tons of liberal propaganda like http://www.independent.co.uk...

http://www.chicagonow.com...

to distract the general public from the existence of systemic racial issues affecting non-white Americans in the United States

Systematic racial issues like? You also generalized whites that they mislead the public to ignore racial issues. What a generalization

Many of the people I am describing are on this site as well, and you know who you are.

I'm proud to not have drunk the kool-aid

These tactics include the use of codewords and phrases like "reverse racism"

You mean favouring one race over another isn't racism?

, "The Race Card", "white guilt", and "race baiting" all used as distractions used to distort reality,

Sounds a lot like liberal buzzwords like "Problematic" "generalization" "toxic" "racist" "bigot".

and effectively silence anyone who speaks out against the existence of white privilege, systematic racism, or racism in general.

You read just like this. You attempt to silence me with your liberal buzzwords such as "racist". How are they silenced when there are anti-white privilege on front page news and people saying #killawhitemen and getting off fine. Hell, there are even programs against white privilege. How are people who speak up "Silenced" in any manner. http://unfaircampaign.org...
http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.tolerance.org...
http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com...
http://thisiswhiteprivilege.tumblr.com...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
http://occupywallstreet.net...
http://mic.com...
http://www.salon.com...
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
I could continue on but i have an 8k character limit


"playing the race card" was a phrase initially used to describe a person who makes unfounded, and false assertions about racism in a situation where it is not present.

Just like you are right now

Now it has become a weapon used to silence any minority that even attempts to bring attention to or speak out against the racism they experience.

Look at the pages above. How are minorities "silenced".

that is present in society.

Funny guy. AA, diversity requirements, benefits. Only racism i've seen is shooting a person who was attacking you.

And the same people who accuse minorities of playing the "race card" themselves play the race card by saying things like "Why is there no WET (White Entertainment Network)

In all my years i have never seen anyone ask this

or NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People)?"

nor this

as if any of these things are necessary or comparable to what minorities have.

Because they don't exist and never will?

"white guilt" is another phrase mainly pushed by white conservatives in America.

Again, you generalized conservatives. Another one for the liberal "Generalizations" i made. Also, I'm asain.

You hear it a lot on FOX News. The only difference is that it used as a weapon to silence any white person that is aware of this issue, and dares to speak out against it or even acknowledge it's existence.

Look at the pages above.

It's their way of trying to force whites into believing that they are committing "racial suicide"

You mean being a minority in your own country in 35 years isn't racial suicide? I'm not only talking about america, i'm talking about Europe to.
http://www.theguardian.com...

The UN is having a hissy fit and Chinese Hans moving into Xingjiang and "genocide" the locals by breeding with them. It's just like what will happen in Europe

and being hateful towards their own race for being aware of the struggles that people of color in America experience, that they do not.

What struggles? Do you mean getting shot when attacking a cop? Even then whites are still killed more
http://www.washingtontimes.com...

Many white people who think this way try to find every reason to pretend they are the ones being discriminated against or oppressed in society because of their race, even though they have the most power and privilege.

Again you're generalizing whites you hypocrite. Also, does a poor white guy living in the dump have more privilege than Oprah? I think you mean money, you racist generalizing bigot.

They also purposely interpret everything I say as an attack against white people, allowing themselves to completely disregard everything I am saying and falsely accuse me of being a "racist".

Gee that sounds a lot like you. You called me racist dozens of times and failed to prove your points. All the times i am calling you racist is me acting like you.

Affirmative Action is a great example of this. This is like a "go-to" issue for many white conservatives

GENERALIZING

in America who want to pretend to be oppressed and victims of racism and discrimination. They are quick to complain about how racist AA is, yet completely ignore and remain silent about the racial bias and discrimination against minorities, specifically blacks, non-white Latinos, Middle Easterners, Native Americans, and Southeast Asians in education and employment.

What you're saying is that nothing is a personal fault? Everything is da ebil whitey's fault? How did asains succeed then? Let me tell you why. We worked hard.

which is still a prominent issue in America til this day.

Nope, AA

But they completely ignore this because it doesn't affect them personally.

My chances of getting into college are diminished greatly due to me being Asain.

In fact, they also benefit from this, and when that was discovered they suddenly had a change in attitude about it, according to a sociological study.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

First off, Huffington post. Second off, it links to a blog. Third off, nothing in the study was about AA. It says they want to focus less on ACADEMICS which means they want it to focus more on things like ACTIVITIES, CHARITY WORK, AND CLUBS.

Also in the end, Asians like me STILL get shafted because of the color of my skin.
StoneWizzard
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:50:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, the way I see, most blacks are just as racist as any White, and that is a fact no one seems to want to wrap themselves around. Let's face it, whether or not there is ever any real movement toward what one may see as 'wonderful relations' with each other, is still quite a ways off, if ever. The races, just cannot or will not, want to get along with one another, and then, only in a few instances. You can debate all you wish, but nevertheless, the news of the day and a little common sense, will show you that 'normal' relations are still, a long way off. Each side (black or White), are willing to just get on with life as we know it right now................not 150 years ago. That is history, it happened and there is nothing we can do about it, it's over!! The ONLY way to make headway with the races, is that BOTH sides will probably have to make concessions regarding what they feel is right or wrong. IF, that cannot be done, then we will see more of the Furgusons in this country. The majority of blacks are very standoffish, They keep to their own, and in a lot of cases, are just plain bigoted, whether they want to admit to that or not! Bigotry is NOT a White persons' cancer, they are not solely responsible for all the black folks problems, I mean just check out the welfare rolls, the prisons and see who has the most per capita. Don't cry to me about somebody not wanting to hire them........they have only themselves to blame. Try wearing your pants above your knees, or even trying to speak English. Clean up your bodies, your speech, your actions and your personality. Until that happens, I will never have respect for a black person that won't put forth the effort to change his/her position in life, heck I don't even have respect for a White person who won't do the same thing. So quite your bellyaching, crying and your riots and get down to the nitty gritty of actually trying to IMPROVE your life, instead of sponging off somebody else for your subsistence. And, above all else, do NOT sit there and tell me that blacks aren't just as racist as any White person!!!!!!
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:23:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And many of them know that without AA, this bias is allowed to continue on an even worse scale. That the system is bias and skewed in favor of white individuals.

What? It's black people. It allows you to get into college with a lower grade than your white or asian counterparts.

Also,
http://hrweb.mit.edu...
If women and minorities are not being employed at a rate to be expected given their availability in the relevant labor pool, the contractor's affirmative action program includes specific practical steps designed to address this under utilization.

They pretend that everyone would be judged equally, solely on merit, but that is not the case.

Hell yes they would. How would you even know if they're black? Just remove the race marking from the college application and everyone is colorblind now.

It's like saying, "Banning gay marriage is not discrimination because gay people can still marry the opposite sex"

What? I don't think that that's an apt simile

While that may be true.

It doesn't even make sense.

it's still not equal under the surface, and everyone knows this. But these people don't care, and use this same tactic with racial issues. Of course, this is one of many many examples.

You're comparing two completely different things.

Someone also dared to accuse me, a person of color, of thinking all black people were inherently too "dumb", and "incapable" of being successful on their own because I thought AA was necessary even though I provided irrefutable evidence proving they are at a disadvantage.

You never posted any sources or created a rational argument.
1. Blacks are not at any disadvantages, only perceived ones
2. The only reason AA exists is because, yes, blacks are not competitive enough.

I couldn't help but laugh at the blatant ignorance of people who say this, because it clearly being used as a distraction from the real issue. It's also a blatant distortion of my beliefs, which is nothing but dishonest.

You love nothing more than to say "distraction". What the hell do you even mean by that? What is the real issue?

They pretend as if racism against people of color ended in the 60's

As a person of color, yes, it did.
It started again in Nov. 3, 1997 Proposition 209 enacted in California"
June 23, 2003 where The Supreme Court upheld the University of Michigan Law School's policy, ruling that race can be one of many factors considered in admittance.

and ignore all the systems that were put in place in the last 50 years that marginalized these groups into impoverished conditions which covertly.

And somehow asains got ahead with the magic known as hard work. http://www.pewresearch.org...

and negatively affected the quality of their education and lives in America. Just because it's not overt discrimination, and as obvious and direct as Jim Crow, doesn't mean it's doesn't exist.

I agree. Racism nowadays is inserted in nowadays with programs that make your skin color a factor in your employment and education! And there are even a lot of people who support it blindly because they believe it is perceived "progress"! One of them is called brian.

They also try desperately to compare non-white groups to each other, in attempt to undermine the struggles of one group over another. Although all minorities face some kind of discrimination, the histories and experiences are not the same for everyone.

Why do i get the feeling you are re-wording your arguments from the last thread (where i destroyed you)

For example, you can't undermine the struggles of blacks in America, most of whom are descendants of slavery, segregation and Jim Crow to East Asians in America.

Oh hell yes i can. Asians were segregated. They were forced to work in backbreaking rail work under the hot sun were thousands died in accidents and carelessness. The largest EVER LYNCHING IN AMERICAN HISTORY WAS CARRIED OUT ON CHINESE
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Practically every Chinese-occupied building on the block was ransacked and almost every resident was attacked or robbed. A total of 18 Chinese immigrants were tortured and then hanged by the mob, making the event the largest mass lynching in American history.

most of whom are considerably wealthy and highly educated recent immigrants who came to states to pursue further education and business opportunities.

Wow what a generalization.

They aren't subjected to the same negative stereotypes, bias, and oppressive history.

Really?
Being known as the "yellow terror" isn't negative?
http://upload.wikimedia.org...
They were excluded
http://query.nytimes.com...

Hell, look at this article http://en.wikipedia.org....

In the last thread, a give you a giant list of racism and crimes commited against asains. Slip your mind?

Victim blaming is also an issue, and some people try very hard to justify the racism that minorities face, by blaming them for it. For example, the disproportionate amount of unarmed black men being racial profiled by police.

It's called statistics.
Blacks are 7x more likely to murder than whites
Blacks are 5x more likely to be murdered than whites
Blacks are 2x more likely to murder a white than be murdered by a whites
Blacks though representing 13% of the data set committed over 50% of the murders

Raw Data used: http://www.fbi.gov...

http://www.fbi.gov...

Even if the statistics show they commit more of certain crimes, that doesn't justify racial profiling.

Yes it does. Don't want to be profiled? Dress nice and have good manners.

A black man who worked hard and brought an expensive vehicle shouldn't be constantly pulled over by cops and interrogated for it.

They aren't. If you're well dressed and mannered, you will never be profiled.

If all white men were assumed to be serial killers, even though they make up the majority of serial murder cases, this would be looked down upon as it should.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu...

Despite only being 14% of the populations, blacks made up 56% of the serial murder cases in 2010.

If white people held those same stats, they to would be racially profiled

YOU GENERALIZED WHITES AS SERIAL KILLERS.

The perpetuation and denial of systematic racism and white privilege in America is still clearly a very real and serious issue,

To you

but let's be clear about a few things. I am not saying all white people are racist.

Not all white people, but you did make a generalization of white people.

I am not saying all people of color are incapable of being bigoted towards white people, or other people of color for that matter. But systematic racism does exist.

Not against black people, definitely.

white privilege does exist.

In your mind

The United States itself was built on white supremacy

220 years ago. China was built on asain supremacy. Africa was built on black supremacy. The warring tribes before america were built on whatever tribe they were currently in supremacy. Only America seems to be willing to make up

and no matter what your circumstances are, if you are white, racially, you have an advantage.

Which is untrue.

You benefit from this.

I'm asain
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:40:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:09:13 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
There seems to be a very prominent and alarming issue in America of people, especially common among those apart of the majority or dominant demographic, denying, ignoring, and attempting to justify the issue of systematic racism that is present in the society we live in at every opportunity. These same people, whether intentionally or unintentionally use tactics, clearly fed to them in some way, mostly through political propaganda, to distract the general public from the existence of systemic racial issues affecting non-white Americans in the United States. Many of the people I am describing are on this site as well, and you know who you are.

These tactics include the use of codewords and phrases like "reverse racism", "The Race Card", "white guilt", and "race baiting" all used as distractions used to distort reality, and effectively silence anyone who speaks out against the existence of white privilege, systematic racism, or racism in general.

"playing the race card" was a phrase initially used to describe a person who makes unfounded, and false assertions about racism in a situation where it is not present. Now it has become a weapon used to silence any minority that even attempts to bring attention to or speak out against the racism they experience, that is present in society. And the same people who accuse minorities of playing the "race card" themselves play the race card by saying things like "Why is there no WET (White Entertainment Network) or NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People)?" as if any of these things are necessary or comparable to what minorities have.

"white guilt" is another phrase mainly pushed by white conservatives in America. You hear it a lot on FOX News. The only difference is that it used as a weapon to silence any white person that is aware of this issue, and dares to speak out against it or even acknowledge it's existence. It's their way of trying to force whites into believing that they are committing "racial suicide" and being hateful towards their own race for being aware of the struggles that people of color in America experience, that they do not.

Many white people who think this way try to find every reason to pretend they are the ones being discriminated against or oppressed in society because of their race, even though they have the most power and privilege. They also purposely interpret everything I say as an attack against white people, allowing themselves to completely disregard everything I am saying and falsely accuse me of being a "racist".

Affirmative Action is a great example of this. This is like a "go-to" issue for many white conservatives in America who want to pretend to be oppressed and victims of racism and discrimination. They are quick to complain about how racist AA is, yet completely ignore and remain silent about the racial bias and discrimination against minorities, specifically blacks, non-white Latinos, Middle Easterners, Native Americans, and Southeast Asians in education and employment, which is still a prominent issue in America til this day. But they completely ignore this because it doesn't affect them personally. In fact, they also benefit from this, and when that was discovered they suddenly had a change in attitude about it, according to a sociological study.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

And many of them know that without AA, this bias is allowed to continue on an even worse scale. That the system is bias and skewed in favor of white individuals. They pretend that everyone would be judged equally, solely on merit, but that is not the case. It's like saying, "Banning gay marriage is not discrimination because gay people can still marry the opposite sex" - While that may be true, it's still not equal under the surface, and everyone knows this. But these people don't care, and use this same tactic with racial issues. Of course, this is one of many many examples.

Someone also dared to accuse me, a person of color, of thinking all black people were inherently too "dumb", and "incapable" of being successful on their own because I thought AA was necessary even though I provided irrefutable evidence proving they are at a disadvantage. I couldn't help but laugh at the blatant ignorance of people who say this, because it clearly being used as a distraction from the real issue. It's also a blatant distortion of my beliefs, which is nothing but dishonest.

They pretend as if racism against people of color ended in the 60's and ignore all the systems that were put in place in the last 50 years that marginalized these groups into impoverished conditions which covertly, and negatively affected the quality of their education and lives in America. Just because it's not overt discrimination, and as obvious and direct as Jim Crow, doesn't mean it's doesn't exist.

They also try desperately to compare non-white groups to each other, in attempt to undermine the struggles of one group over another. Although all minorities face some kind of discrimination, the histories and experiences are not the same for everyone. For example, you can't undermine the struggles of blacks in America, most of whom are descendants of slavery, segregation and Jim Crow to East Asians in America, most of whom are considerably wealthy and highly educated recent immigrants who came to states to pursue further education and business opportunities. They aren't subjected to the same negative stereotypes, bias, and oppressive history.

Victim blaming is also an issue, and some people try very hard to justify the racism that minorities face, by blaming them for it. For example, the disproportionate amount of unarmed black men being racial profiled by police. Even if the statistics show they commit more of certain crimes, that doesn't justify racial profiling. A black man who worked hard and brought an expensive vehicle shouldn't be constantly pulled over by cops and interrogated for it. If all white men were assumed to be serial killers, even though they make up the majority of serial murder cases, this would be looked down upon as it should.

The perpetuation and denial of systematic racism and white privilege in America is still clearly a very real and serious issue, but let's be clear about a few things. I am not saying all white people are racist. I am not saying all people of color are incapable of being bigoted towards white people, or other people of color for that matter. But systematic racism does exist, white privilege does exist. The United States itself was built on white supremacy, and no matter what your circumstances are, if you are white, racially, you have an advantage. You benefit from this, even if you don't realize it, because part of being privileged is being oblivious to it.

However, all of these pathetic distractions that people use to deny, ignore, and justify it only worsens the issue and strains race relations between the American people. Some do it on purpose because they want to continue to live a life of entitlement, while others do so out of ignorance. Either way don't be afraid of looking at things outside of your own perspective, and actually listen to what people have to say about it.

Feel free to let me know what you think, but I know some of you will completely disregard, or deny everything I am saying, and probably resort to the very distractions I mentioned above, or say something irrelevant, or bigoted, thereby proving my point once again.

I would like people to understand that not all whites have racist ancestors. I want people to understand that not all whites benefit ok Americas racist passed. I want people to understand all races, religious groups ect come with advantages
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:47:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want people to understand that not all whites have racist ancestors (many have abolitionist ancestors like me) or ancestors that benefited from racism (on my moms side my grandparents and their families were slaves in nazi labor camps). I also want people to understand that Anti white Racism is real ( over 1000 anti white hate crimes a year according to the fbi), though not as prominent as anti black or anti arab racism. White privilege doesn't always occur. Being white is often an advantage but can be a disadvantage.
Racism against all groups happens today. There is no excuse for racial profiling or any other form of racism that affects blacks.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:48:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want people to understand that not all whites have racist ancestors (many have abolitionist ancestors like me) or ancestors that benefited from racism (on my moms side my grandparents and their families were slaves in nazi labor camps). I also want people to understand that Anti white Racism is real ( over 1000 anti white hate crimes a year according to the fbi), though not as prominent as anti black or anti arab racism. White privilege doesn't always occur. Being white is often an advantage but can be a disadvantage.
Racism against all groups happens today. There is no excuse for racial profiling or any other form of racism that affects blacks or other minority groups.