Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Tabula Rasa's Implications

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 11:45:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This forum was created to ask those who voiced support for the blank slate (tabula rasa) theory of human nature in my recent poll ( their opinion on a philosophy that heavily bases itself on the blank slate theory.

First, I would like for you to peruse and read through this website:

After reading the text of the website it should become abundantly clear that the blank slate theory is heavily used to justify the various (and many times, extreme) positions found on this website. Take, for example, what may be its most unsettling argument:
1. Humans kill because of past abuse (environmental stimuli)
2. This abuse comes at the hands of the family unit, a social construct
3. Society created the social structure of the family unit
4. Therefore, society has no moral authority to condemn or punish killers. But since societies violate this moral imposition, killing then becomes nothing more than an expression of the truth that society is consciously allowing for the abuse of children via the family unit and killers should then be seen and treated as victims of societal abuse.

I just wanted to know what folks who support the tabula rasa theory of human behavior think of this philosophy's take on the social issues of murder, war, government, gender, human relationships, human social psychology, etc.
He thinks that human relationships are a social construct imposed onto people to keep them emotionally dependent, he additionally thinks that gender, human social desires, religion, and human competition are also all socially imposed. He uses these base ideas to come to the conclusion that human societies are only structured the way they are because people in power want to keep people enslaved. Thus, he says, the "natural" or best way for humans to live is in a class-free, gender-free, government-free, religion-free, family-free, and (perhaps most importantly) individualistic society.
(I also just wanted to find an excuse to discuss this website, as his point of view fascinates me.)