Jump to topic:

Sexuality....?

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:19:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just a few questions, if you are always attracted to one gender but end up falling in love with someone from the other does that change your sexuality at all?

Like with me, I have no attraction to males yet I love my bf, does that make me bi? Lez? Strait? Wtf?
I got the question from L saying something about being lesbian but likeing sex with males more. Does that change her sexuality at all either?

I'm really confused on this actually and I guess in reality lables mean nothing, but I still want to know what the lables are.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:14:49 PM
I've posted a test for orientation before:

In a magic world where you could have all the sex you wanted with any number and type of human personalities in any number and type of bodies, knowing that every last one would consent--

Would you have sex with only one gender? Then you are hardcore gay or hardcore straight, depending on which gender it is and which you are.

Would you have sex regularly with one gender, but once or five times in your life bat the other way? Then you are essentially gay or straight.

Would you regularly have sex with both genders, i.e., neither is "Just gonna try it once or a few times, just to see?" Then you are bisexual.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:16:38 PM
Although for your purposes a more specific question is: "Would you rather your bf was a girl with the same mind he has now?"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:19:06 PM
Of course, if you can't answer those questions I'm of no help to you. It's more a test of definitions for dispositions than of dispositions in and of themselves.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:19:38 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:16:38 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Although for your purposes a more specific question is: "Would you rather your bf was a girl with the same mind he has now?"

I think there's surgery you can arrange for that.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:21:21 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:19:38 PM, feverish wrote:
At 8/18/2010 5:16:38 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I think there's surgery you can arrange for that.

It's kind of ghoulishly low-effectiveness for a lot of people's tastes.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:22:50 PM
also should note the questions assume no STDs, no desire for monogamy, etc.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:27:25 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:14:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

In a magic world where you could have all the sex you wanted with any number and type of human personalities in any number and type of bodies, knowing that every last one would consent--

Would you have sex with only one gender? Then you are hardcore gay or hardcore straight, depending on which gender it is and which you are.

Would you have sex regularly with one gender, but once or five times in your life bat the other way? Then you are essentially gay or straight.

Would you regularly have sex with both genders, i.e., neither is "Just gonna try it once or a few times, just to see?" Then you are bisexual.

Just him and also other girls I guess. Also does it affect anything if he's more feminine than any other strait guy I met and doesn't give off a gay aura?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:29:22 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:27:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 5:14:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Just him and also other girls I guess.
Again, this is a magic universe. You can merely say the word and HE becomes a girl, with the same personality he had before. Do you do it?

Also does it affect anything if he's more feminine than any other strait guy I met and doesn't give off a gay aura?
Not unless you're trying to use his femininity to imagine that he is actually female because you'd rather he didn't have a ****.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:30:47 PM
Again, this is a magic universe. You can merely say the word and HE becomes a girl, with the same personality he had before. Do you do it?
Note that in said universe he doesn't mind one way or another.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:34:19 PM
idk changing something about him might change his personality. And I don't mind if he has a d*ck.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:35:08 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:34:19 PM, lovelife wrote:
idk changing something about him might change his personality
You have magic assurance that it won't.

And I don't mind if he has a d*ck.
To me that doesn't scream "lesbian."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:36:09 PM
although phrasing it "I don't mind" sounds less "bi" than "pan."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:38:42 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:36:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
although phrasing it "I don't mind" sounds less "bi" than "pan."

prolly.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:39:09 PM
It depends. What, if anything, turns you on?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:50:14 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:39:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It depends. What, if anything, turns you on?

Girls I guess.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:51:00 PM
So your boyfriend does not?

And how very specific of you >_>
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 6:11:14 PM
At 8/18/2010 5:51:00 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Not from physical appearce I guess.

lol what?
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 6:41:12 PM
At 8/18/2010 6:11:14 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 5:51:00 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Not from physical appearce I guess.

lol what?
He means a physical aspect of a human. Which turns you on most.
I miss the old members.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 6:42:40 PM
You seem to have misunderstood the questions, for we have arrived at a contradiction. If your boyfriend does not physically attract you, surely you would prefer a version of him the same as he is now in every respect except that this version would be physically attractive, by being female.

Which would render you a lesbian who is or should be fantasizing that the dude is a girl ^_^.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 6:59:00 PM
At 8/18/2010 6:42:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You seem to have misunderstood the questions, for we have arrived at a contradiction. If your boyfriend does not physically attract you, surely you would prefer a version of him the same as he is now in every respect except that this version would be physically attractive, by being female.

I really don't care if he has a d*ck or not. I love him for who he is, not his physical body. I wouldn't change anything about him.

Which would render you a lesbian who is or should be fantasizing that the dude is a girl ^_^.

Interesting. I don't fantasize about certain nude body parts. Just when I see someone physically attractive they are female.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 7:00:41 PM
At 8/18/2010 6:59:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

Interesting. I don't fantasize about certain nude body parts. Just when I see someone physically attractive they are female.

Ok, even I find many females physically attractive, but the thought of having sex with one kinda doesn't sit well with me so I doubt I'm completely straight.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 7:08:32 PM
At 8/18/2010 7:00:41 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Ok, even I find many females physically attractive, but the thought of having sex with one kinda doesn't sit well with me so I doubt I'm completely straight.

Yeah someone says that no one, especially women are 100% strait, (a few years ago I added that anyone that claims they are prolly has something to hide and/or is hiding who they are)
But I agree its hard for me to imagine doing another girl. I might give it a try tho because I have a hard time imagining me doing anyone so whatever. So according to Ragnar's solution I am a bi-lez pansexual.Pretty much what I thought I was but I am still confused out of my mind.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 7:09:57 PM
At 8/18/2010 7:08:32 PM, lovelife wrote:

Yeah someone says that no one, especially women are 100% strait, (a few years ago I added that anyone that claims they are prolly has something to hide and/or is hiding who they are)
But I agree its hard for me to imagine doing another girl. I might give it a try tho because I have a hard time imagining me doing anyone so whatever. So according to Ragnar's solution I am a bi-lez pansexual.Pretty much what I thought I was but I am still confused out of my mind.

I could be bi, but not completely since I have no interest in doing a woman. I just find them attractive.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 7:16:19 PM
At 8/18/2010 7:09:57 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I could be bi, but not completely since I have no interest in doing a woman. I just find them attractive.

lol I am just the opposite. I have interest in doing a guy but I don't really find them attractive. Really weird.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:16:31 PM

I really don't care if he has a d*ck or not. I love him for who he is
"Love" does not contradict "A hypothetical marginal improvement is coherent." This version would still be who he is. Plus, have what you're attracted to!

Define the characteristics that are attracted to you.

But I agree its hard for me to imagine doing another girl.
Wut.

This changes everything.

So according to Ragnar's solution I am a bi-lez pansexual.
No, if you'd only in the magic hypothetical universe "try" a girl once, you're essentially straight by my rules.

You're a confused person is what you are.

I have interest in doing a guy but I don't really find them attractive. Really weird.
Finding someone physically attractive means that (assuming you remove considerations like monogamy, STD's, personality, etc), they are what you want to do. So unless you have ulterior motives for such an action, your statement is incoherent.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:25:23 PM
Now you see why I'm so confused. I always identified as lesbian even tho I didn't really have sexual interest. Now I do but nothing physical arrouses that in me. So it confused me....alot.

At 8/18/2010 8:16:31 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I really don't care if he has a d*ck or not. I love him for who he is
"Love" does not contradict "A hypothetical marginal improvement is coherent." This version would still be who he is. Plus, have what you're attracted to!

Define the characteristics that are attracted to you.

I don't really know for sure. I know I like boobs but not completely naked boobs. I also like dark hair, and dark make up especially around the eyes. Which is usually on girls but also this dumb guy I had no interest in. He only started being like that after I left for 6 months (his fault) anyway.

But I agree its hard for me to imagine doing another girl.
Wut.

This changes everything.

Great. More confusion.

So according to Ragnar's solution I am a bi-lez pansexual.
No, if you'd only in the magic hypothetical universe "try" a girl once, you're essentially straight by my rules.

But I'm also not attracted to guys.

You're a confused person is what you are.

I'm aware, which is why I'm asking smart people. I'm not just gunna walk up to my mom or something and be all "hey whats it called if......" she isn't even that smart.

I have interest in doing a guy but I don't really find them attractive. Really weird.
Finding someone physically attractive means that (assuming you remove considerations like monogamy, STD's, personality, etc), they are what you want to do. So unless you have ulterior motives for such an action, your statement is incoherent.

But I'm physically attracted to people without wanting to do them. I want to do people without being physically atrracted. IM CONFUSED!!!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:25:48 PM
At 8/18/2010 7:16:19 PM, Anarcho wrote:

lol I am just the opposite. I have interest in doing a guy but I don't really find them attractive. Really weird.

Sounds like me.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:26:36 PM
At 8/18/2010 7:08:32 PM, lovelife wrote:

Maybe your bi-curious? Your easier since (as far as I know) you are attracted to males, right?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:29:47 PM
At 8/18/2010 8:26:36 PM, lovelife wrote:

Maybe your bi-curious? Your easier since (as far as I know) you are attracted to males, right?

Yes, I am attracted to males.