Jump to topic:

My Opinion on the Death Penalty in America

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 4:30:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I recently read that the surviving brother of the two Boston Marathon bombers recieved the Death Penalty.

To this news, I immediately uttered aloud, "Sweet!"

These are my views on the Death Penalty and its preferred implimentation in my country.......

First of all--regarding the Boston Marathon bomber-- it is a damn shame that current legislation prohibits us from stringing him up by his nuts in a public square and letting the surviving victims whack him with baseball bats until he dies.

I believe that The only problem with the Death Penalty in America is that it not used enough. Oh, Texas and Florida are pretty close to being as expeditious as we should be, but even they are a bit slow.

Anybody sentenced to Death should be killed within two weeks of sentencing.

The states should be allowed to choose their own methods. Anything voted on should be upheld. Hanging (which if memory serves was Kansas' preferred method until the 1970s); lethal injection; electric chair; live burial; firing squad; burning at the stake in the Town Square, whatever.

Repeat child molesters--after their 3rd offense--should be eligible for Death as well.

As well as those convicted of Treason against the United States.

So...that, in a nutshell, are my humble views. What say you? Comments? Agreements? Critiques? Fire at will, amigos.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Gmork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 6:07:02 PM
How do you reconcile the existence of False Flag Ops and the sentence of death to be carried out in two weeks? Without an appeal, the corrupt government could just as easily railroad the defendant, and given the level of corruption that must exist for False Flag Operations to be successful, it would seem likely this scenario would play out.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 7:17:18 PM
At 7/13/2015 6:07:02 PM, Gmork wrote:
How do you reconcile the existence of False Flag Ops and the sentence of death to be carried out in two weeks? Without an appeal, the corrupt government could just as easily railroad the defendant, and given the level of corruption that must exist for False Flag Operations to be successful, it would seem likely this scenario would play out.

You mean for example of Tsarnaev were an innocent patsy who was set-up by the Government in the False Flag Op that was the Boston Marathon bombing?

Well, I guess that would be a shame for him. Well, sort of. Records and research into his past show he was very anti-American and had often spoke of committing some sort of terrorist act.

So with a guy like that I would basically say "no big loss." Since, after all, "treason" was one of my OP proposed crimes for which the Death Penalty would be appropriate.

And it does not dissuade my from my OP opinion on the Death Penalty. Some case of what we used to refer in the military as "collateral damage" or "blowback" might occur with an aggressive and expeditious Death Penalty Policy, but I think they would be of acceptable levels. Given the fact that we would be taking hundreds of dirt bags (death row inmates) off of the US taxpayer teet every single year.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 8:42:59 PM
Two weeks is too short. A lot of people get railroaded by the system and the appeals process is very important.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 9:04:33 PM
At 7/13/2015 4:30:07 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
I recently read that the surviving brother of the two Boston Marathon bombers recieved the Death Penalty.

These are my views on the Death Penalty and its preferred implimentation in my country.......

First of all--regarding the Boston Marathon bomber-- it is a damn shame that current legislation prohibits us from stringing him up by his nuts in a public square and letting the surviving victims whack him with baseball bats until he dies.

I believe that The only problem with the Death Penalty in America is that it not used enough. Oh, Texas and Florida are pretty close to being as expeditious as we should be, but even they are a bit slow.

The states should be allowed to choose their own methods. Anything voted on should be upheld. Hanging (which if memory serves was Kansas' preferred method until the 1970s); lethal injection; electric chair; live burial; firing squad; burning at the stake in the Town Square, whatever.

Repeat child molesters--after their 3rd offense--should be eligible for Death as well.

So...that, in a nutshell, are my humble views. What say you? Comments? Agreements? Critiques? Fire at will, amigos.

I agree. Some people just got to go. Now!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 9:12:03 PM
At 7/13/2015 9:04:33 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/13/2015 4:30:07 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I agree. Some people just got to go. Now!

LOL. Yes--in a nutshell, that is pretty much my point!

I am of the opinion that the above line would be a great campaign soundbite for some guy running for POTUS. As a part of his pro-Death Penalty, tough-on-crime platform!

"Some people just gotta go! Now!"

I'd vote for that guy, And get a t-shirt with that slogan on it!

Thanks!
Gmork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 9:52:54 AM
At 7/13/2015 7:17:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

You mean for example of Tsarnaev were an innocent patsy who was set-up by the Government in the False Flag Op that was the Boston Marathon bombing?

Well, I guess that would be a shame for him. Well, sort of. Records and research into his past show he was very anti-American and had often spoke of committing some sort of terrorist act.

So with a guy like that I would basically say "no big loss." Since, after all, "treason" was one of my OP proposed crimes for which the Death Penalty would be appropriate.

And it does not dissuade my from my OP opinion on the Death Penalty. Some case of what we used to refer in the military as "collateral damage" or "blowback" might occur with an aggressive and expeditious Death Penalty Policy, but I think they would be of acceptable levels. Given the fact that we would be taking hundreds of dirt bags (death row inmates) off of the US taxpayer teet every single year.

So, you believe in aiding and expediting these corrupt officials in hiding the truth? A federal court with federal agents kill an innocent man, and the American public believe justice was served, the evil is purged, and the government can rest easy and move along with framing another.
Do you think, with a such a short period and no automatic appeal, that these false flag ops would be used more often? I do.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 12:47:18 PM
At 7/14/2015 9:52:54 AM, Gmork wrote:
At 7/13/2015 7:17:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

So, you believe in aiding and expediting these corrupt officials in hiding the truth? A federal court with federal agents kill an innocent man, and the American public believe justice was served, the evil is purged, and the government can rest easy and move along with framing another.
Do you think, with a such a short period and no automatic appeal, that these false flag ops would be used more often? I do.

No, I do not.

Why would they? FF Ops are done to further a cause or get the legislation passed that the Government wants. Such as Gun Control and financing for an increased para-military Police State in the case of the Batman and the Sandy Hook killings. They don't just do the Ops "because they can get away with it." LOL.

And they already have. So no, I do not think an increasingly aggressive and expeditious Death Penalty Policy would increase they frequency of FF Ops. they are done on a perceived "needs to be done for the greater good" ideology. DP laws ain't going to alter that.

Remember too that in the grand scheme of things, compared to all of the ordinary murders that citizens commit every day, and thus all of the Death Row inmates, or potential ones, that FF Ops are very rare. Probably only a dozen of so have occurred over the past four decades.

(I am speaking here of the Batman; Sandy Hook; MLK; RFK variety which involved very public murders. The type of FF Op where nobody is killed and maybe just a bomb goes off or an anthrax letter is mailed to a public official happen far more frequently. Probably a few times every year.)