Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

America is screwed up

Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 11:58:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just let it rip. Give examples, opinions, and reasoning of your choice. What about the United States is screwed up?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 12:31:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'll start it off with one main point divided into two parts, A & B.

A)In many states welfare applicants are drug tested before receiving welfare. What is screwed up about this?
1)Government officials are NOT drug tested, and they receive more benefits donated by the U.S. people than anyone.
2)Statistics showed about 2% of welfare applicants tested positive, which is lower than any other demographic by far in the U.S. (google it).
3)States are losing money in mass on the tests.
4)Testing Welfare aplicants but no other people seeking any other financial benefits such as S.S., food stamps, unemployment, etc. Is discrimination.
5)It violates the 4th Amendment of the Constitution covering unreasonable search and seizure. Florida and Michigan Supreme Courts have already ruled as such. Other states have not followed suit, and show no signs of progress on the matter.

B)Pre employment drug screens:
1)Violates 4th Amendment
2)Government officials, teachers, lawyers, judges, CNA's in nursing homes, coaches, etc. Are not drug screened.
3)Only America drug screens like this. Most countries do not practice drug screening seeing it as pointless.
4)Drug screening is a criminal offense in some countries
5)Drug screens have been proven unreliable in study after study yielding many false positives.
6)False positives mean you don't get the job by no fault of your own, it can stain your record, and prevent you from getting jobs in the future. This is a gross violation of basic human rights.
7)Drug screens violate religious freedom. What "holy god" would approve of you collecting your bodily waste and sharing it with others, and would he approve of others handling and examining your bodily waste?Some beliefs consider this "unclean".
8)The very drugs they test for are used to improve concentration, fight disease, enhance performance, block pain, boost energy, and lose weight according to the statements of their approval by the FDA.
9)There are multitudes of drugs that they test for that are often falsely detected and misidentified by the use of all kinds of normal, legal products such as poppy seeds, Benadryl, and even ibuprofen or tylenol.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 7:43:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 12:31:24 AM, Sooner wrote:
I'll start it off with one main point divided into two parts, A & B.

A)In many states welfare applicants are drug tested before receiving welfare. What is screwed up about this?
1)Government officials are NOT drug tested, and they receive more benefits donated by the U.S. people than anyone.
2)Statistics showed about 2% of welfare applicants tested positive, which is lower than any other demographic by far in the U.S. (google it).
3)States are losing money in mass on the tests.
4)Testing Welfare aplicants but no other people seeking any other financial benefits such as S.S., food stamps, unemployment, etc. Is discrimination.
5)It violates the 4th Amendment of the Constitution covering unreasonable search and seizure. Florida and Michigan Supreme Courts have already ruled as such. Other states have not followed suit, and show no signs of progress on the matter.

B)Pre employment drug screens:
1)Violates 4th Amendment
2)Government officials, teachers, lawyers, judges, CNA's in nursing homes, coaches, etc. Are not drug screened.
3)Only America drug screens like this. Most countries do not practice drug screening seeing it as pointless.
4)Drug screening is a criminal offense in some countries
5)Drug screens have been proven unreliable in study after study yielding many false positives.
6)False positives mean you don't get the job by no fault of your own, it can stain your record, and prevent you from getting jobs in the future. This is a gross violation of basic human rights.
7)Drug screens violate religious freedom. What "holy god" would approve of you collecting your bodily waste and sharing it with others, and would he approve of others handling and examining your bodily waste?Some beliefs consider this "unclean".
8)The very drugs they test for are used to improve concentration, fight disease, enhance performance, block pain, boost energy, and lose weight according to the statements of their approval by the FDA.
9)There are multitudes of drugs that they test for that are often falsely detected and misidentified by the use of all kinds of normal, legal products such as poppy seeds, Benadryl, and even ibuprofen or tylenol.

O boy, I see the socialists have gotten to you already. The stats that you use are mostly lies. Either you know that or you are very ignorant. Think about it. Welfare recipients have the lowest drug usage rates? That's mind numbing bunk. How do we know? Because we know that all of the heroin, crack, and crystal meth are pushed out in the hood on the bad side of town. That's where all the welfare mothers and recipients live. It's where all the addicts are. I know. I've lived in Dallas and Denver for the last fifteen years. You will rarely see a crack head or heroin addict in nice communities. But if you go down where the welfare mothers live, you will see crack pipes and addicts everywhere. These statistics that you use are absolute bogus. I'm not shy about exposing a lie when I see one.
It would be like me saying, "Studies shows that white, rural farmers own less hunting rifles than city folks". That would be a skewed study because you know that rural hunters need guns and that most of those guns will be in houses in rural areas.

Yeah, I'm on a rant tonight. No mercy for anyone. Post bunk stats on here, and I the truth giver will expose it.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 11:15:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1)You base your viewpoint on Dallas, TX and Denver, CO, neither of which drug test welfare"applicants. The "environments" you have detailed can not be included in stats about welfare applicants because there are no welfare drug testing stats from Texas, and only El Paso County in Colorado, which does not include Denver.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 11:28:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 11:15:10 PM, Sooner wrote:
1)You base your viewpoint on Dallas, TX and Denver, CO, neither of which drug test welfare"applicants. The "environments" you have detailed can not be included in stats about welfare applicants because there are no welfare drug testing stats from Texas, and only El Paso County in Colorado, which does not include Denver.

Yeah, but if we use common sense we can almost certainly conclude that welfare recipients abuse drugs much more than people who aren't on welfare. Like I said, I happen to believe that the study was a lie from the socialist left. They tend to do that a lot these days. Their whole goal being that the evil whites are causing all the problems, yet the poor, divine, welfare recipients are actually better off and leaning on the government is better off. You got the study on Google, probably from a skewed study.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 11:32:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
YOU:"The stats that you use are mostly lies". Mostly?
ME:So are they lies or mostly lies? I digress.

The states that have drug testing of Welfare applicants fought an "all out war" to get that legislation passed. They put this legislation together to prove that the drug testing of Welfare applicants would save the states money. It did not. The states, whose legislation was an epic fail financially for their states, have no motive to present low statistical results. Low stats are evidence that they were wrong. They would present manipulated, low results why? To prove their drug testing theory was wrong? They intentionally are making themselves appear wrong after battling for the drug testing legislation?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 11:37:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The stats are black and white, not gray. A social security # is attached to every single welfare recipient. The results of their tests follow with that SS #. These are exact results, each failed test Attached to a real human being with a social security #.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 11:49:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
But if you go down where the welfare mothers live, you will see crack pipes and addicts everywhere.

---Do you go down there? Why do you go down there, and how do you know a crackhead from a poverty stricken individual? Do you have your "crackhead x-ray goggles on? How do they work? Does a "clean", poor, African American mother of 2 in Harlem look like a crackhead? You actually see them with a crackpipe visibly out, know they are a Welfare applicant, and have an exact tally of how many people fitting this exact description there are and are fully aware of who all the "noncrackhead looking people" who hide it well are, where they live, and their exact number?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 12:03:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Yeah, but if we use common sense we can almost certainly conclude that welfare recipients abuse drugs much more than people who aren't on welfare."

1)Why would I make any such assumption?
2)What evidence would I use to conclude this?
3)Welfare applicants have less money. Why would I assume that they consume more of an expensive product? The estimated price for 3.5 grams of methamphetamine is priced at $200-$250 nationally.
4)White collar adults and college students in what is known as "the nightclub scene" make up for a large demographic of law enforcement observed arrests for drug use.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 12:28:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Like I said, I happen to believe that the study was a lie from the socialist left."

-This isn't a study. This is the results of individually identifiable failed drug tests added up to equal a percentage of the total amount of tests taken. The people responsible for this legislation have been publicaly ridiculed for the lack of results financially in savings to the states that they declared would happen because the legislative bodies took your exact viewpoint on the issue. (Hypothesis: Poor people are doing drugs in mass , and if we test them before giving them Welfare, we will save a lot of money by not having to provide a lot of benefits to them. RESULTS: The states lost money overall. The testing cost too much money. Small numbers of applicants failed the tests percentagewise nationally causing extra costs instead of saving costs.

-Argument Against Above Statements:
1)Applicants may be quitting temporarily in order to pass the drug tests then going back to their habit. Some states tried randoms, and it still yielded no viable results and cost even more money.

A)They could have
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 1:26:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/18/2015 11:58:23 PM, Sooner wrote:
Just let it rip. Give examples, opinions, and reasoning of your choice. What about the United States is screwed up?

The blacks