Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

I will apologize for certain white people

j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:41:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Although I really can't see any reason why anyone has to apologize for the sake of other people, just because these people happen to have the same skin colour...
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
JMcKinley
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.

I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?
My work here is, finally, done.
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

Maybe you, too, could volunteer to be a "helper-whitey":

http://thedailyshow.cc.com...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:24:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

To be able to apologise for something presupposes that you are guilty of doing something wrong. What have you done?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:03:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

Maybe you, too, could volunteer to be a "helper-whitey":

http://thedailyshow.cc.com...

Maybe I should hire one as well....
I am curious what df0512 meant when he said that, because, I, too, as a white person make a deal about being in close proximity with a black person, but I'm curious of his take. Or yours. I was going to start a thread about it, but why not just hi-jack this one.

Using the examples in the video, I am curious about the woman who said she likes Vanessa's hair and why this is a "bad, Whitey, bad" scenario. I have seen white women do that, even my wife has done that, to white folks, so I am not sure why that was used.
When I say I make a deal about it, it's not anything like your video. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling that I should acknowledge your existence, and I'll say "hi" or nod my head in your direction (as opposed to just ignoring you like I would most people). I'm not sure if this racist gesture is realized on the receiving end, but as I type this, I realize I only have this compulsion with minorities, and strongest with blacks. I'm not sure why I do it, but I'd assume it is because I don't want you to be afraid of me or think I am a dangerous racist, ironically while doing a racist gesture. (mind you, my definition of racist is one who engages in racism, and racism is discrimination based on race, so don't be getting you knickers in a twist).

Do other white people feel compelled to act differently around minorities? Is this overcompensation of white guilt? Is this an unforeseen effect of social justice efforts? Is this evidence of white subconscious racism?
My work here is, finally, done.
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 11:12:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 10:03:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

Maybe you, too, could volunteer to be a "helper-whitey":

http://thedailyshow.cc.com...

Maybe I should hire one as well....
I am curious what df0512 meant when he said that, because, I, too, as a white person make a deal about being in close proximity with a black person, but I'm curious of his take. Or yours. I was going to start a thread about it, but why not just hi-jack this one.

At risk of stepping inside "the circle of bigotry" and its closely accompanied stereotypes, I know exactly what df0512 is talking about. Convenience stores get ripped off every so often, and they tend to be run by Indians and Pakistanis. These cultures tend not to hold black people in high esteem, shall we say? I have heard this and seen this personally.

A black coworker told me that he and his black friend once got ordered to the ground by the police because a convenience store operator called the police saying it looked like they "were up to something." That is all it took.

Using the examples in the video, I am curious about the woman who said she likes Vanessa's hair and why this is a "bad, Whitey, bad" scenario. I have seen white women do that, even my wife has done that, to white folks, so I am not sure why that was used.
When I say I make a deal about it, it's not anything like your video. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling that I should acknowledge your existence, and I'll say "hi" or nod my head in your direction (as opposed to just ignoring you like I would most people). I'm not sure if this racist gesture is realized on the receiving end, but as I type this, I realize I only have this compulsion with minorities, and strongest with blacks. I'm not sure why I do it, but I'd assume it is because I don't want you to be afraid of me or think I am a dangerous racist, ironically while doing a racist gesture. (mind you, my definition of racist is one who engages in racism, and racism is discrimination based on race, so don't be getting you knickers in a twist).

The woman was not merely admiring Vanessa's hair. It's not like she was asking what shampoo she uses. She was being disrespectful. She was feeling her hair without permission, and in such a way as one might do in a petting zoo, not with a fellow human being. You cannot just reach out and touch whoever you want without a certain rapport being developed.

Do other white people feel compelled to act differently around minorities? Is this overcompensation of white guilt? Is this an unforeseen effect of social justice efforts? Is this evidence of white subconscious racism?

Perhaps you need to hire a "black helper," not a "helper whitey"! If you act differently around black people out of fear of being perceived as racist, then perhaps you do suffer from white guilt. One of the great liberties of "getting it" when it comes to racism is that I do not feel the need to act differently or self consciously around different ethnicities and races. I can acknowledge if I am caught being insensitive and, conversely, stand my ground when I know I am not being insensitive. Heck, you even know when it's OK to say something technically racist without being offensive about it!

The general point is that you need to have an awareness that people of color WILL have a different experience from yours in life just by virtue of their appearance. That is essentially the reality of racism.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 12:38:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 11:12:13 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 10:03:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

Maybe you, too, could volunteer to be a "helper-whitey":

http://thedailyshow.cc.com...

Maybe I should hire one as well....
I am curious what df0512 meant when he said that, because, I, too, as a white person make a deal about being in close proximity with a black person, but I'm curious of his take. Or yours. I was going to start a thread about it, but why not just hi-jack this one.

At risk of stepping inside "the circle of bigotry" and its closely accompanied stereotypes, I know exactly what df0512 is talking about. Convenience stores get ripped off every so often, and they tend to be run by Indians and Pakistanis. These cultures tend not to hold black people in high esteem, shall we say? I have heard this and seen this personally.
Yeah....that's what I figured you meant. I thought you/he was talking about from customers, not "authority".

A black coworker told me that he and his black friend once got ordered to the ground by the police because a convenience store operator called the police saying it looked like they "were up to something." That is all it took.

That seems excessive and a complaint should have been filed against the officer. However, for the cop to respond to the complaint is his job.
The police quick investigated my manager for arson because we called the motel to them their trash was on fire, and then we called 911 when they didn't answer, and when the police came they claimed we did it. That's all it took.

Using the examples in the video, I am curious about the woman who said she likes Vanessa's hair and why this is a "bad, Whitey, bad" scenario. I have seen white women do that, even my wife has done that, to white folks, so I am not sure why that was used.
When I say I make a deal about it, it's not anything like your video. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling that I should acknowledge your existence, and I'll say "hi" or nod my head in your direction (as opposed to just ignoring you like I would most people). I'm not sure if this racist gesture is realized on the receiving end, but as I type this, I realize I only have this compulsion with minorities, and strongest with blacks. I'm not sure why I do it, but I'd assume it is because I don't want you to be afraid of me or think I am a dangerous racist, ironically while doing a racist gesture. (mind you, my definition of racist is one who engages in racism, and racism is discrimination based on race, so don't be getting you knickers in a twist).

The woman was not merely admiring Vanessa's hair. It's not like she was asking what shampoo she uses. She was being disrespectful. She was feeling her hair without permission, and in such a way as one might do in a petting zoo, not with a fellow human being. You cannot just reach out and touch whoever you want without a certain rapport being developed.

I saw that, and it is rude, but is it racist? Is the suggestion that this happened because she is white and Vanessa is black? I have seen white women literally grab my wife's clothing to feel it while complimenting her apparel. I don't know if this is something only stupid white people do with no sense of boundaries do (entitlement) because they are white or just stupid, but I don't see the racist aspect in it.
This is why I fight back with charges of racism so hard - because it is de-humanizing to Vanessa to have this happen. However, this assumes it only happens because Vanessa is black and the admirer is white. If the issue with the admirer is more general, calling it racist is false.

Do other white people feel compelled to act differently around minorities? Is this overcompensation of white guilt? Is this an unforeseen effect of social justice efforts? Is this evidence of white subconscious racism?

Perhaps you need to hire a "black helper," not a "helper whitey"!
In hindsight, that was a stupid remark, since I was thinking more along the lines of communication, and ignored the context of the "helper".

If you act differently around black people out of fear of being perceived as racist, then perhaps you do suffer from white guilt. One of the great liberties of "getting it" when it comes to racism is that I do not feel the need to act differently or self consciously around different ethnicities and races. I can acknowledge if I am caught being insensitive and, conversely, stand my ground when I know I am not being insensitive. Heck, you even know when it's OK to say something technically racist without being offensive about it!

Part of me fears you may be right, but in all honestly, it is likely more from experience and my personality. First, I am socially awkward, and I have the same dilemma with handicapped people as well. Should I offer them help or hold the door, or just leave them be? In general, I am vigilant of how I am perceived, because I need the social cues to know when I do something wrong, which is often. For example, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a while back, and I am a very overweight guy. So, when she told me, my immediate response was "does this mean I have to run those 3-days?"? It was funny, and we all laughed. But, tell me that does not appear to be callous to a passer-by. In fact, I am often accused of not talking things seriously, so, I need to be aware of what I am doing at all times to avoid this stigma.

Second, and more importantly, this is a newer issue with me, and that is likely due to life experiences. I don't know about you, but have you ever been named in a lawsuit for creating a hostile work environment because you didn't talk to the only black man on staff? Has a customer tried to get you fired (or free food) by calling you a racist, because you didn't smile, or rather, the smile disappeared as he answered the door? So, I do feel I need to be more aware and proactive about my perceived behavior than I should, and I only feel this way because I am white.

The general point is that you need to have an awareness that people of color WILL have a different experience from yours in life just by virtue of their appearance. That is essentially the reality of racism.
I am aware of this. I am also aware that this creates a prism that creates potential bias when observing/reacting to others. I find it odd that people acknowledge the rose-colored glasses of white privilege can taint the view of a situation, but never the grit-stained googles from the school of hard knocks, which can have the same effect.
My work here is, finally, done.
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 1:23:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 12:38:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/24/2015 11:12:13 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 10:03:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:03:58 AM, Fly wrote:
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

Maybe you, too, could volunteer to be a "helper-whitey":

http://thedailyshow.cc.com...


At risk of stepping inside "the circle of bigotry" and its closely accompanied stereotypes, I know exactly what df0512 is talking about. Convenience stores get ripped off every so often, and they tend to be run by Indians and Pakistanis. These cultures tend not to hold black people in high esteem, shall we say? I have heard this and seen this personally.
Yeah....that's what I figured you meant. I thought you/he was talking about from customers, not "authority".

A black coworker told me that he and his black friend once got ordered to the ground by the police because a convenience store operator called the police saying it looked like they "were up to something." That is all it took.

That seems excessive and a complaint should have been filed against the officer. However, for the cop to respond to the complaint is his job.
The police quick investigated my manager for arson because we called the motel to them their trash was on fire, and then we called 911 when they didn't answer, and when the police came they claimed we did it. That's all it took.

Using the examples in the video, I am curious about the woman who said she likes Vanessa's hair and why this is a "bad, Whitey, bad" scenario. I have seen white women do that, even my wife has done that, to white folks, so I am not sure why that was used.
When I say I make a deal about it, it's not anything like your video. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling that I should acknowledge your existence, and I'll say "hi" or nod my head in your direction (as opposed to just ignoring you like I would most people). I'm not sure if this racist gesture is realized on the receiving end, but as I type this, I realize I only have this compulsion with minorities, and strongest with blacks. I'm not sure why I do it, but I'd assume it is because I don't want you to be afraid of me or think I am a dangerous racist, ironically while doing a racist gesture. (mind you, my definition of racist is one who engages in racism, and racism is discrimination based on race, so don't be getting you knickers in a twist).

The woman was not merely admiring Vanessa's hair. It's not like she was asking what shampoo she uses. She was being disrespectful. She was feeling her hair without permission, and in such a way as one might do in a petting zoo, not with a fellow human being. You cannot just reach out and touch whoever you want without a certain rapport being developed.

I saw that, and it is rude, but is it racist? Is the suggestion that this happened because she is white and Vanessa is black? I have seen white women literally grab my wife's clothing to feel it while complimenting her apparel. I don't know if this is something only stupid white people do with no sense of boundaries do (entitlement) because they are white or just stupid, but I don't see the racist aspect in it.
This is why I fight back with charges of racism so hard - because it is de-humanizing to Vanessa to have this happen. However, this assumes it only happens because Vanessa is black and the admirer is white. If the issue with the admirer is more general, calling it racist is false.

It is technically racist but is more of a common annoyance and discourtesy really. Having their markedly different type of hair felt by white people is a fairly typical occurrence for black people. With your wife's clothes, the context is quite different. It is forward and assuming but not on a unique racial differences basis. So, yes, it is a black/white thing. It implies "I can touch you if I feel like it." It is merely a very minor symptom of the larger reality, though.

I even did it myself once-- luckily, I was only about 11 at the time, so I was comfortably in the "too young to know better" category. My black classmate let me know right away that he didn't like what I was doing. Lesson learned.

Do other white people feel compelled to act differently around minorities? Is this overcompensation of white guilt? Is this an unforeseen effect of social justice efforts? Is this evidence of white subconscious racism?

Perhaps you need to hire a "black helper," not a "helper whitey"!
In hindsight, that was a stupid remark, since I was thinking more along the lines of communication, and ignored the context of the "helper".

If you act differently around black people out of fear of being perceived as racist, then perhaps you do suffer from white guilt. One of the great liberties of "getting it" when it comes to racism is that I do not feel the need to act differently or self consciously around different ethnicities and races. I can acknowledge if I am caught being insensitive and, conversely, stand my ground when I know I am not being insensitive. Heck, you even know when it's OK to say something technically racist without being offensive about it!

Part of me fears you may be right, but in all honestly, it is likely more from experience and my personality. First, I am socially awkward, and I have the same dilemma with handicapped people as well. Should I offer them help or hold the door, or just leave them be? In general, I am vigilant of how I am perceived, because I need the social cues to know when I do something wrong, which is often. For example, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a while back, and I am a very overweight guy. So, when she told me, my immediate response was "does this mean I have to run those 3-days?"? It was funny, and we all laughed. But, tell me that does not appear to be callous to a passer-by. In fact, I am often accused of not talking things seriously, so, I need to be aware of what I am doing at all times to avoid this stigma.

Your humorous anecdote supports the idea that context matters.

Second, and more importantly, this is a newer issue with me, and that is likely due to life experiences. I don't know about you, but have you ever been named in a lawsuit for creating a hostile work environment because you didn't talk to the only black man on staff? Has a customer tried to get you fired (or free food) by calling you a racist, because you didn't smile, or rather, the smile disappeared as he answered the door? So, I do feel I need to be more aware and proactive about my perceived behavior than I should, and I only feel this way because I am white.

No, I have not had that happen to me.

It is about having a desire to improve one's knowledge, awareness, and self at the end of the day. Willfully insensitive people lack this desire. I am just saying this in general and not in any way about you, btw...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 3:42:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

It's all based on sarcasm. It was a sarcastic parody to apologize for the race baiters who made up all this stupid racist crap. You'll notice that all of those who I apologize for are the extreme left wing socialists. They are the ones who claim to be for the black race, but aren't.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:37:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.

Maybe your just throwing me in the brainwashed black person category because you've argued this with someone who maybe was brainwashed and now assue everyone else is. You know I have never been the type of person to blame white people for any of my misfortunes. Or anyone elses for that matter. I like to think Im a pretty fair person. Previous comments on DDO should corroborate that. Thats why I don't have to think twice about these incidents I very vaguely described earlier.

Of course, if it is a simple matter of just being watched, there would be no issue. But that isn't the case. I gave a very vague description that you seemed to have taken at face value. Regardless of how bad you dont want to believe it, it does happen. Maybe your niece just hasn't experienced it. I think it may be a little more likely for black males.

True story. I went into a gas station once. There was no one in there but me. The clerk, a middle aged white man, literally came from behind the desk and stood right behind me. He had no shame. I looked back at him and he didnt even bother breaking his gaze. I walked and he followed. Finally I asked why he was following me and he said and I quote " because some of your blacks friends had came in earlier and stole some of my beer." I didn't even bother asking a follow-up question. Just bought my nerds rope, some gas and left. This was about 4 years ago. Now that has only happened once. But once is one to many for me.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:44:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 4:22:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:


Why do people think black people want apologies.
Because stupid white people think they have something to apologize for.


I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.
In what way do people make a big deal?

The statement is a little tongue and cheek. I just mean I wish it wasn't an issue to people. Because it is an issue to some people. Plenty of stories out there proving that.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 11:00:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 9:37:40 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.

Maybe your just throwing me in the brainwashed black person category because you've argued this with someone who maybe was brainwashed and now assue everyone else is. You know I have never been the type of person to blame white people for any of my misfortunes. Or anyone elses for that matter. I like to think Im a pretty fair person. Previous comments on DDO should corroborate that. Thats why I don't have to think twice about these incidents I very vaguely described earlier.

Of course, if it is a simple matter of just being watched, there would be no issue. But that isn't the case. I gave a very vague description that you seemed to have taken at face value. Regardless of how bad you dont want to believe it, it does happen. Maybe your niece just hasn't experienced it. I think it may be a little more likely for black males.

True story. I went into a gas station once. There was no one in there but me. The clerk, a middle aged white man, literally came from behind the desk and stood right behind me. He had no shame. I looked back at him and he didnt even bother breaking his gaze. I walked and he followed. Finally I asked why he was following me and he said and I quote " because some of your blacks friends had came in earlier and stole some of my beer." I didn't even bother asking a follow-up question. Just bought my nerds rope, some gas and left. This was about 4 years ago. Now that has only happened once. But once is one to many for me.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I've been judged that way before, but atleast it's been my fault when it happened those times, because I was dressed like an idiot.

I didn't make any assumptions about you, just speaking in generalities.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 3:35:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 11:00:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:37:40 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.

Maybe your just throwing me in the brainwashed black person category because you've argued this with someone who maybe was brainwashed and now assue everyone else is. You know I have never been the type of person to blame white people for any of my misfortunes. Or anyone elses for that matter. I like to think Im a pretty fair person. Previous comments on DDO should corroborate that. Thats why I don't have to think twice about these incidents I very vaguely described earlier.

Of course, if it is a simple matter of just being watched, there would be no issue. But that isn't the case. I gave a very vague description that you seemed to have taken at face value. Regardless of how bad you dont want to believe it, it does happen. Maybe your niece just hasn't experienced it. I think it may be a little more likely for black males.

True story. I went into a gas station once. There was no one in there but me. The clerk, a middle aged white man, literally came from behind the desk and stood right behind me. He had no shame. I looked back at him and he didnt even bother breaking his gaze. I walked and he followed. Finally I asked why he was following me and he said and I quote " because some of your blacks friends had came in earlier and stole some of my beer." I didn't even bother asking a follow-up question. Just bought my nerds rope, some gas and left. This was about 4 years ago. Now that has only happened once. But once is one to many for me.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I've been judged that way before, but atleast it's been my fault when it happened those times, because I was dressed like an idiot.

I didn't make any assumptions about you, just speaking in generalities.

I understand. I admit I probably looked the part according to him. Just didn't fit the bill. Your right tho. The clerk is an idiot.
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 12:48:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.

While I agree that it is impossible to judge intent accurately 100% of the time, but I have personally as a white person heard comments from clerks when African Americans walked out of the store which were discriminatory and inappropriate. A white person clearly gets the privilege of more positive bias on a greater frequency from the clerk than a black person does in a convenience store. Denying that fact is short sighted.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:01:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/29/2015 12:48:49 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:31:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

Everyone gets watched closely when they walk into Indian run convenience stores, it's funny how a white person just chalks it up to the clerk being an idiot, while blacks immediately jump to the conclusion that it's racist. I wonder what accounts for the different views of the same exact situation. Maybe it's merely because blacks have been brainwashed to think everyone is racist. My black niece who was raised in a white family looks at these situations the way I do. The clerk is an idiot.

While I agree that it is impossible to judge intent accurately 100% of the time, but I have personally as a white person heard comments from clerks when African Americans walked out of the store which were discriminatory and inappropriate. A white person clearly gets the privilege of more positive bias on a greater frequency from the clerk than a black person does in a convenience store. Denying that fact is short sighted.

If you say so. Even when I was in areas where every single store wasn't run by Indians I didn't see it, but I'll take your word for it
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 12:13:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 1:52:46 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 8:36:29 AM, JMcKinley wrote:
At 7/23/2015 1:39:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 8:02:13 PM, j50wells wrote:
I will apologize for Hillary Clinton's manipulation of the black race. I will apologize for the white ran MTV who put out the documentary about the horrors of the white race and probably got paid millions by the Obama administration. I will apologize for that insane white man who killed those blacks in that church. I will apologize for all the white, retarded socialists at the UN who want to foment hatred of freedom loving white people of America so that they can conquer us and bring about their world-wide socialist revolution. I will apologize for Bill Clinton's emasculation of all white males in America, for he made us all look stupid and full of lies, even though we aren't. I will apologize for dufus butt Al Gore, who lost his marbles up someone's underwear...um, I think it was the Pope's? I apologize for the white ran, extreme, Nazi-feminists who hate everything that's white and male. They'd neuter a white salamander in a remote forest in the African jungle. I apologize to the black race for these detestable little cockroaches.

Why do people think black people want apologies. I just want being black to not be such a big deal to people.

Exactly. True equality means that we're all equally ignored.

It sounds sarcastic when you read it but yes. I am 100% behind that. What I wouldn't give to be ignored the next time I walk into a busy convenience store.

I get looks. But I look thug. Scars on my face. And I walk with a limp. Small limp like a pimp or 50cent