Jump to topic:

Teenage sex

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:32:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
When looking through my email account that I just got back after my dad stole it I found something that made me wonder what different veiws are.

"When it comes to teens, many believe that no sex is safe-sex. But a new study contains evidence that teens in "serious" relationships may benefit from reduced stress levels, increased self-esteem and the emotional support of their sex partners. Do you believe sex between teenagers is always a bad thing?"

Your thoughts? I personally think that if two teens are in a serious relationship, they should be allowed to have protected sex for the above reasons. I understand that risks are involved, but I know more risks are involved if they get too stressed out, so it should be allowed and not punished (by anything except maybe natural consequence.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:36:01 PM
One problem with teens having sex is the fact that they can often be irresponsible and not use protection and get exposure to all the risks involved. With that said, it's preferable to wait until marriage. Then again, I suppose some adults can be pretty irresponsible too, but at least with a married couple you know they're in a committed relationship if anything does happen such as a pregnancy.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:40:12 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:32:47 PM, lovelife wrote:
When looking through my email account that I just got back after my dad stole it I found something that made me wonder what different veiws are.

"When it comes to teens, many believe that no sex is safe-sex. But a new study contains evidence that teens in "serious" relationships may benefit from reduced stress levels, increased self-esteem and the emotional support of their sex partners. Do you believe sex between teenagers is always a bad thing?"

my fvcking face = http://i34.tinypic.com...
Who was your dad e-mailing and why would this ever be in your e-mail anyway?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:42:03 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:36:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
One problem with teens having sex is the fact that they can often be irresponsible and not use protection and get exposure to all the risks involved. With that said, it's preferable to wait until marriage. Then again, I suppose some adults can be pretty irresponsible too, but at least with a married couple you know they're in a committed relationship if anything does happen such as a pregnancy.

Thats the deal with a serious relationship. I think teens should have their own form of marriage btw. Not as official as what they have now, but does not need parental permission, but also does not have all the benefits of a marriage. If someone gets pregnant in that marriage and her husband type leave he would be legally responsible for caring for the child. Could be difficult and probably one of my stupidest ideas ever. Just wanna know what you think about that.

Also most girls I know my age aren't allowed to have sex but also are forced onto birth control. I know the reasoning behind that, not arguing that, but I think that they should be allowed to have sex, especially if they are stressed like me.
I wouldn't have sex now anyway because I'm waiting for kitty, and by the time we meet I'll be like 17 anyway. Maybe even 18, so this actually has little/no affect on me. But I still support teen sex lol. It could increase grades also. (bonus if they sleep with the teacher :p)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:43:35 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:40:12 PM, Nags wrote:

Lmao nags your funny. This is a serious convo tho and I have thought of it before but did not know if any non teen was so I just decided the pros wouldn't outweigh the cons. But now I'm wondering.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:47:59 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:42:03 PM, lovelife wrote:

Also most girls I know my age aren't allowed to have sex but also are forced onto birth control. I know the reasoning behind that, not arguing that, but I think that they should be allowed to have sex, especially if they are stressed like me.
I wouldn't have sex now anyway because I'm waiting for kitty, and by the time we meet I'll be like 17 anyway. Maybe even 18, so this actually has little/no affect on me. But I still support teen sex lol. It could increase grades also. (bonus if they sleep with the teacher :p)

Well I could be biased too, generally being against pre-marital sex to begin with. Besides, I feel that waiting makes the whole thing so much more meaningful, knowing that you're doing with it with the person you know will probably be your life long partner. I'm still a virgin and definitely plan on waiting.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:48:09 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:43:35 PM, lovelife wrote:

Lmao nags your funny. This is a serious convo tho and I have thought of it before but did not know if any non teen was so I just decided the pros wouldn't outweigh the cons. But now I'm wondering.

...That doesn't answer my question.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:53:16 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:48:09 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/21/2010 10:43:35 PM, lovelife wrote:

...That doesn't answer my question.

Its not someone he was emailing, he didn't use any of my accounts (well...except one >.<) it was something that I subscribed to for some dumb reason that sends dumb messages that I almost never read.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:55:37 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:47:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well I could be biased too, generally being against pre-marital sex to begin with. Besides, I feel that waiting makes the whole thing so much more meaningful, knowing that you're doing with it with the person you know will probably be your life long partner. I'm still a virgin and definitely plan on waiting.

Nobody's ever answered this for me. Why exactly does waiting make it more meaningful? If there's not enough meaning in the sex to begin with, waiting isn't going to produce love and care.

Responsibility and honesty is what's important. If it's just not a long-term, loving relationship, trying to force that isn't going to help. Waiting forever to enjoy life with someone you love and trust wastes precious time. Life is short, most relationships don't last forever, and sex is good for you.

All hail pre-marital sex.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:56:34 PM

Well I could be biased too, generally being against pre-marital sex to begin with.

Pre-martital sex will happen, wont be stopped. Also I did say they could (in my oppinion anyway) get married like over aged couples do, but have less rights in that marrige due to not having the responsibility. But the rights they do use they would be responsible for too. Such as having sex.
Also teenage marriage would allow same sexes to marry as well. If someone in a same sex relationship gets pregnant, then it is right to question that person.

Besides, I feel that waiting makes the whole thing so much more meaningful, knowing that you're doing with it with the person you know will probably be your life long partner. I'm still a virgin and definitely plan on waiting.

Personal choice lol. I definately agree and would never have sex without kitty.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 10:59:12 PM
At 8/21/2010 10:55:37 PM, Yvette wrote:

Nobody's ever answered this for me. Why exactly does waiting make it more meaningful? If there's not enough meaning in the sex to begin with, waiting isn't going to produce love and care.

Responsibility and honesty is what's important. If it's just not a long-term, loving relationship, trying to force that isn't going to help. Waiting forever to enjoy life with someone you love and trust wastes precious time. Life is short, most relationships don't last forever, and sex is good for you.

All hail pre-marital sex.

Yvette your funny too. And I agree. I think doing it with the person you love would make it much better and as a female (hetero-sexual) probably the greatest gift you can give is your virginity. But either way it should be the person's choice, not their parents'.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:23:37 AM
Why exactly does waiting make it more meaningful?
Builds up a bigger orgasm.

(But that presumes no hand sessions. And it doesn't require virginity, just a gap. ^_^.)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:27:24 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:23:37 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

(But that presumes no hand sessions. And it doesn't require virginity, just a gap. ^_^.)

Good luck finding someone with no hand sessions.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:27:45 AM

Well actually I have a Christian friend who is also waiting for marriage, but her and her boyfriend do hand jobs.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:31:32 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:27:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well actually I have a Christian friend who is also waiting for marriage, but her and her boyfriend do hand jobs.

Lol and she talks about it? Or makes videos? lol.
I don't see anything wrong with anything that would not result in pregnancy before the relationship gets way commited (as in married, engaged/plans for marriage)
But thats how I would personally have it for myself.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:34:56 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:31:32 AM, lovelife wrote:

Lol and she talks about it? Or makes videos? lol.
I don't see anything wrong with anything that would not result in pregnancy before the relationship gets way commited (as in married, engaged/plans for marriage)
But thats how I would personally have it for myself.

She talked about it like once when I just happened to be present, lol. Hey, it can't get a person pregnant or anything so I don't see too much of a problem with it.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:37:00 AM
Neither can oral...
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:37:40 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:37:00 AM, Anarcho wrote:
Neither can oral...

Oral can give you STD's though apparently. That's what I've heard anyway.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:38:38 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:37:40 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:41:14 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:38:38 AM, Anarcho wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

Oral is banned in oklahoma because apparently if you have a cold sore you can give the other person herpes.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:43:09 AM
Anyway oral anal hand and anything else that has no risks of babies being born should be allowed in casual/semi-serious relationships.
Beyond that then I'd say real serious relationship only.

But I wouldn't control what anyone does, that just what I would raise my kids to believe and accept. Also I think anal would hurt alot so wouldn't be my fave, just an option.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:44:55 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:41:14 AM, lovelife wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

Oral is banned in oklahoma because apparently if you have a cold sore you can give the other person herpes.

Haha wow that would suck but I doubt anyone takes it seriously.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:47:07 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:43:09 AM, lovelife wrote:

But I wouldn't control what anyone does, that just what I would raise my kids to believe and accept. Also I think anal would hurt alot so wouldn't be my fave, just an option.

Anal is banned in my religion and some others, notably Christianity. I can see why though. It's very unhygienic and your anus wasn't created for that purpose so of course it's going to hurt.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:47:57 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:44:55 AM, Anarcho wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

Lmao I doubt they do. Especially since this girl I went to school with blew 3 guys in two days.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:49:17 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:47:07 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Anal is banned in my religion and some others, notably Christianity. I can see why though. It's very unhygienic and your anus wasn't created for that purpose so of course it's going to hurt.

Its less unhygenic now. And like I always believed, religion has no place in my pants.

Another common thing to do is walk up to someone who you know or think is christian and say "Have you been touched by Jesus?.....Would you like to file a complaint?"
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:53:32 AM

That's why you should always use a condom. :P That makes it a lot safer.

Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:54:43 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:47:57 AM, lovelife wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

Lmao I doubt they do. Especially since this girl I went to school with blew 3 guys in two days.

That's nothing! This one girl in my school had sex with over 80 guys in two or three months!

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:59:11 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:54:43 AM, Anarcho wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:47:57 AM, lovelife wrote:
Neither can oral...

Not if you're virgins.

That's nothing! This one girl in my school had sex with over 80 guys in two or three months!

sex isn't banned in your state....is it?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:59:50 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:53:32 AM, Anarcho wrote:

That's why you should always use a condom. :P That makes it a lot safer.

Lol practice safe lunch, always use condiments.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 4:04:52 AM
Teenage is a pretty broad spectrum and there is a massive difference between a 13 year-old and a 19 year-old. In the UK, the age of consent is 16, which seems about right to me. I don't think getting into a sexual relationship when you're 13 is likely to be a good idea <cough, cough, Lukas> but it's probably a positive thing for most 18/19 year-olds.

Even if you're physically developed and your hormones are going crazy, you may not be emotionally mature enough to handle it well. I didn't actually lose my virginity till I was 17, despite being a randy little bastard, but maybe that was a good thing.