Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

SJW's, why aren't you calling police sexist?

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 11:18:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.killedbypolice.net...

92.8% of those killed by police are men. That is a much higher disparity than blacks, Indians, or pacific Islanders. So, where is the outrage? Is this not due to systemic sexism?

If not, why not?
Compare your answers here to how you would address a racial disparity, such as blacks being over-represented or Asians being heavily underrepresented.

In case people are wondering regarding race, my excel document only found 1100 of the 1105, but:
42.1% killed are white (62.6% of population)
23.8% are black (13.2% of population)
15.6% are latino (17.1% of population)
0.4% are pacific islander (0.2% of population)
1.1% are Indian (1.2% of population)
1.1% are asian (5.3% of population...dafuq?!? must be some sort of privilege, huh?)
http://quickfacts.census.gov...
15.9% of victims did not have their race reported
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 11:22:38 PM
Should probably mention I used 2014 stats, and, the aforementioned website records any death caused by a police officer that is reported by the corporate media. It does not mean these people were murdered or shot lawfully, just that the police caused the death. So, if the police shot an unarmed kid, or shot a suspect during a shootout, both would be a record on this website.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 8:59:08 AM
War is sexist in this fashion, too. I believe that is precisely why Civil War General William T. Sherman declared, "War is Hell."
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:26:50 AM
The criminal justice system is sexist as a whole. Blacks and whites get the same exact sentences when things such as prior interactions with police are accounted for, but women definitely get shorter sentences, even when all factors are considered. I'd honestly prefer that males take more of the beating from the prison industrial complex anyway. That's what men were meant for, to take on the beatings of injustice and shield women and children from it.

I'm surprised I don't see more of a push for female cops from both feminist and black lives matters movement. Female cops, have more of a calming effect and numerous studies show that female officers are more capable of bringing an end to hostile situations, without having to resort to violence.

If women were more prevalent in policing, than there would be a dramatic drop in use of force situations.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 9:29:15 PM
Ah, these people aren't going to listen. They are caught up into the media hype. Not listening to them is uncool. The left wing establishment is the new cool. It's like the old coolness of the Fonze back in the 1970's, when everyone sported a black leather jacket and walked around with cool things to say. Even if those cool things made no sense, the young people would still say them. That's what's going on with popular media today, and whatever BS they want to spit out.
These so called people won't look at statistics. Not even close. No, they'll do whatever their media masters tell them to do.
That's scary actually. If the media tells them that passing laws to shut the mouths of other people up, they'll go along with it, and so will the media. To think that depriving certain people of the liberty of speech is cool is beyond me. But these people who follow the left wing message will shout you down. mock you, and generally be stupid young people still in diapers.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 9:39:57 PM
At 7/24/2015 9:26:50 AM, Wylted wrote:
The criminal justice system is sexist as a whole. Blacks and whites get the same exact sentences when things such as prior interactions with police are accounted for, but women definitely get shorter sentences, even when all factors are considered. I'd honestly prefer that males take more of the beating from the prison industrial complex anyway. That's what men were meant for, to take on the beatings of injustice and shield women and children from it.

I'm surprised I don't see more of a push for female cops from both feminist and black lives matters movement. Female cops, have more of a calming effect and numerous studies show that female officers are more capable of bringing an end to hostile situations, without having to resort to violence.

If women were more prevalent in policing, than there would be a dramatic drop in use of force situations.

I agree to a certain extent. The problem with your post is that women do not commit as many violent crimes as men. They are far less likely to rob a bank or murder someone in cold blood. Blacks do commit many more crimes than white's however. They are more likely to beat someone to death than a white person is. They are more likely to murder a girlfriend or spouse. They are more likely to become part of the drug cartel ran gangs. This is one of the reasons that blacks have more people in prison than whites. To try and equal things out by arresting white people would not lessen crime. It would actually make it more prevalent. Blacks need to stop throwing the race card into the soup. If the blacks want to be treated the same, then they must run away from the rap, thug culture, and embrace the culture of liberty.
A woman's propensity to commit the same crimes as males is much lower, which is why they don't fill our prisons. Women, by nature, are not as violent. Estrogen doesn't lead to the aggressiveness that is prevalent with males.
For many reasons, male testosterone is the thing that keeps us safe. Men are willing to shoot guns at other nations to protect their wives and children, even when that fighting could lead to them having their guts blown out the back side of their backs. Women are much less likely to face these dangers.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 11:38:09 PM
At 8/9/2015 9:39:57 PM, j50wells wrote:
At 7/24/2015 9:26:50 AM, Wylted wrote:

I agree to a certain extent. The problem with your post is that women do not commit as many violent crimes as men. They are far less likely to rob a bank or murder someone in cold blood. Blacks do commit many more crimes than white's however. They are more likely to beat someone to death than a white person is. They are more likely to murder a girlfriend or spouse. They are more likely to become part of the drug cartel ran gangs. This is one of the reasons that blacks have more people in prison than whites. To try and equal things out by arresting white people would not lessen crime. It would actually make it more prevalent. Blacks need to stop throwing the race card into the soup. If the blacks want to be treated the same, then they must run away from the rap, thug culture, and embrace the culture of liberty.
A woman's propensity to commit the same crimes as males is much lower, which is why they don't fill our prisons. Women, by nature, are not as violent. Estrogen doesn't lead to the aggressiveness that is prevalent with males.
For many reasons, male testosterone is the thing that keeps us safe. Men are willing to shoot guns at other nations to protect their wives and children, even when that fighting could lead to them having their guts blown out the back side of their backs. Women are much less likely to face these dangers.

That actually has nothing to do with what I said.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 12:13:57 PM
Men weren't made to take the beatings of injustice. Actually, no one is. In America we have what's called Common Law. Within Common Law rests the idea that all people are equal under the law, and that the laws applies to everyone, from the bottom to the top. Unfortunately, judges and jurors tend to have bias when they sentence someone.
For instance, a really mean looking guy with a big knows, slanted eyes, and a big chin will probably get 30-50 percent longer jail sentences for the same crime that a Leonardo Dicaprio might have committed. It's the same with age. A 19 year old in his youth will probably get less time than a 35 year old who committed the same crime.
Charm and personality also has something to do with it. If the juror or judge like a certain individual, he will get less time. There are certain people who will never do time. It would be very difficult for a judge or juror to put Marilyn Monroe in prison. They tried it with Paris Hilton, but the jailers and officials of the town made it very easy for her and even let her go home sometimes at night.

Women in the justice system are less likely to get long sentences because they are women. Most people cringe at the thought of a woman spending times behind bars. Prison can be a very unsafe place or a woman. Many of them are molested or raped by their male or dyke jailers.
In a sense, locking a woman up is like locking a flower up...it's unseemly. Locking a man up is like locking a lion up...we get it. However, there are some really mean looking women who do get locked up for a long time. Moreover, there are some women who were very brutal with their crimes and did get locked up for a long prison term. But most women are not as brutal as men. A woman who murders will more than likely use a gun or knife in the back. She will not try to choke someone to death, or hack people up in her basement. She is also much less likely to use torture or sick sexual perversions as part of her murderous designs. For this reason the judge and juror is not likely to give a life sentence to a woman who shot someone or stabbed them. On the other hand, a man who raped and tortured a woman to death will likely get life plus a death sentence if he lives in certain states.
briantheliberal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 5:56:08 PM
The Justice System is sexist in general. But why are you resorting to deflection to make a point? Why must you feel the need to silence those who speak on one issue by throwing another in their faces? If you want to address the "sexism" that exists in the justice system, start your own movement. Get others on board, and organize activities, get it trending on social media. But don't patronize those who speak on another issue, it is immature and gets you nowhere.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:31:21 PM
At 8/10/2015 5:56:08 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
The Justice System is sexist in general.
How is that, if men have the power in society?
Speaking of police shootings only, do you believe a change needs to be made by the police?

But why are you resorting to deflection to make a point?
Deflection of what? I find it wholly necessary to defend my view of things not being racist. To me they are related, and independent of any current movements, which is why I did not mention any.
I simply asked where is the outrage, implying, if there should be any.

Why must you feel the need to silence those who speak on one issue by throwing another in their faces?
Because I find it inconsistent, and I'm not silencing anyone. I'm not asking #blacklivesmatter to address this, I am asking social justice warriors on DDO, like yourself, to. How does that silence anyone?

If you want to address the "sexism" that exists in the justice system, start your own movement. Get others on board, and organize activities, get it trending on social media.
I don't view it as sexist, so there is nothing to move.

But don't patronize those who speak on another issue, it is immature and gets you nowhere.
I'm not patronizing anyone. I am asking if they believe that men being shot in disparate numbers is an issue, and if so, is it evidence of sexism. If not, why not?
ToddsAmerica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 10:32:57 PM
At 8/10/2015 5:56:08 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
The Justice System is sexist in general. But why are you resorting to deflection to make a point? Why must you feel the need to silence those who speak on one issue by throwing another in their faces? If you want to address the "sexism" that exists in the justice system, start your own movement. Get others on board, and organize activities, get it trending on social media. But don't patronize those who speak on another issue, it is immature and gets you nowhere.

I would have to imagine that such a movement would be labeled as "reactionary" by good progressives like "Briantheliberal".