Jump to topic:

Dumb laws

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:34:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
What are some dumb laws in your state? I live in Oklahoma and these are some of the dumbest laws I know here
(http://www.dumblaws.com...)

Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.

Whaling is illegal.

Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.

Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

It's statutory rape for a man over 18 to have sex with a female under the age of 18, provided she's a virgin.

Tattoos are banned. (Repealed, Effective 11/1/2006. Tattoos are now legal in Oklahoma!)

It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.

It is illegal to have sex before you are married.

Tissues are not to be found in the back of one's car.

Whick ones do you think are dumbest?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:35:56 AM
Every state has these non-enforcable laws... probably just as a joke at this point. I don't feel like Googling them, but I know that one of them is something like you're not allowed to frown at a police officer. There's also one about chewing gum if I recall.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:37:36 AM
In virginia,

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

You may not have oral or anal sex.

No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:41:14 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:34:46 AM, lovelife wrote:
Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
Even within marriage? Yes, bad law.

Why does this even matter? I agree that it is not hygienic, but wearing boots anywhere in the house is almost just as bad.

Weird...

The ones above. It is intriguing to see the different laws in USA.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:41:34 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:37:56 AM, badger wrote:
why can't i legally smoke weed?

Lmao because the government thinks weed is more harmful than tobacco which is false. I doubt it will stay illegal for another 5 years.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 9:43:18 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:41:14 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 9:34:46 AM, lovelife wrote:
Even within marriage? Yes, bad law.

yes that is bad. I have to ask is there anything in your religion about what sex you can/cannot? (in marriage of course)

Why does this even matter? I agree that it is not hygienic, but wearing boots anywhere in the house is almost just as bad.

I wanna know who had enough of a problem to make that into a law.

Weird...

The ones above. It is intriguing to see the different laws in USA.

Lol I agree
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:13:14 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:43:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
yes that is bad. I have to ask is there anything in your religion about what sex you can/cannot? (in marriage of course)
Everything- within marriage - is permitted except anal sex.

Yes.

Lol I agree
Especially the laws that I agree with that I do not see much of in the West. Interesting.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:16:14 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:49:27 AM, TulleKrazy wrote:
These are so stupid. In Toronto, you're not allowed to drag a dead horse down Yonge St. I've never seen a horse in Toronto.

Lol. Horses are everywhere here. I was late to school one day (well 3 times) because there were horses going slow in the street.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:18:43 AM
Whick ones do you think are dumbest?:

New Hampshire:

"You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe."

"On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up."

Well, as a musician who has the bladder of a hampster, I'm screwed on all accounts....
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:18:48 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:13:14 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 9:43:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
Everything- within marriage - is permitted except anal sex.

Why not anal? I know it may not be hygenic, but neither is alot of things.

Yes.

Lol I agree
Especially the laws that I agree with that I do not see much of in the West. Interesting.

what? Do you mean like there's all these dumb laws here but not the ones that you think there should be?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:19:50 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:18:43 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Whick ones do you think are dumbest?:

New Hampshire:

"You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe."

"On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up."

Well, as a musician who has the bladder of a hampster, I'm screwed on all accounts....

LMFAO!!

I have to ask once again, who had enough of a problem to pass these as laws?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:40:11 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:18:48 AM, lovelife wrote:
Anal sex can be risky, and why should to heterosexual spouses engage in this if there is a safer choice?

what? Do you mean like there's all these dumb laws here but not the ones that you think there should be?
I am not saying all are dumb. I pointed them out.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:45:53 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:40:11 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 10:18:48 AM, lovelife wrote:
Anal sex can be risky, and why should to heterosexual spouses engage in this if there is a safer choice?

Why should they not have that choice? Its not the worst religious veiw on sex I'll give it that, but I want to know why it makes a difference to Allah if you have anal sex.

I am not saying all are dumb. I pointed them out.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:46:47 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:45:53 AM, lovelife wrote:
Why should they not have that choice? Its not the worst religious veiw on sex I'll give it that, but I want to know why it makes a difference to Allah if you have anal sex.
Because He wants people to be safe and avoid risks if there are alternative that are safe, especially for married people when it comes to sex.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:49:01 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:46:47 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 10:45:53 AM, lovelife wrote:
Because He wants people to be safe and avoid risks if there are alternative that are safe, especially for married people when it comes to sex.

I suppose its fair enough. But anal sex isn't as risky as it was then (neither is pig meat)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:53:41 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:49:01 AM, lovelife wrote:
I suppose its fair enough. But anal sex isn't as risky as it was then (neither is pig meat)
People should live as safely as they can, and because we Muslims believe that God cares for us and wants us to be safe and healthy, we can only respect the laws.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:57:26 AM
In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.

lol mom would divorce anyone that denied her coffee access. I would too if i was denied Dr. Pepper access.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 10:59:43 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:53:41 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 10:49:01 AM, lovelife wrote:
People should live as safely as they can, and because we Muslims believe that God cares for us and wants us to be safe and healthy, we can only respect the laws.

There is risks to safety in everything really tho. Working with heavy machinery, during storms, with elctronic devices, swimming is a risk too. So is having any kind of sex, even in marriage. If I get pregnant I'm sure I will die at least 20 years younger than if I don't.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:01:50 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:59:43 AM, lovelife wrote:
There is risks to safety in everything really tho. Working with heavy machinery, during storms, with elctronic devices, swimming is a risk too. So is having any kind of sex, even in marriage. If I get pregnant I'm sure I will die at least 20 years younger than if I don't.
Working is not the same as having sex. Working is needed to earn money. Having sex can be in tons of ways, an there is no need for heterosexual couples to choose a risk instead of the safe alternatives. If a person has no choice but to work with heavy machinery, that is a whole other thing. He has no alternatives, perhaps, and it is at least reproductive. Anal sex is completely unneeded when we talk about heterosexual couples.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:06:25 AM
At 8/23/2010 11:01:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 10:59:43 AM, lovelife wrote:
Working is not the same as having sex. Working is needed to earn money. Having sex can be in tons of ways, an there is no need for heterosexual couples to choose a risk instead of the safe alternatives. If a person has no choice but to work with heavy machinery, that is a whole other thing. He has no alternatives, perhaps, and it is at least reproductive. Anal sex is completely unneeded when we talk about heterosexual couples.

Its not needed in any couples. No sex is needed in couples. Just enjoyed. Why would Allah care if she'd rather have anal than vaginal sex? (if it is less risky than it was. Pretty much all the risks are gone)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:09:32 AM
At 8/23/2010 11:06:25 AM, lovelife wrote:
Its not needed in any couples. No sex is needed in couples. Just enjoyed. Why would Allah care if she'd rather have anal than vaginal sex? (if it is less risky than it was. Pretty much all the risks are gone)
It is not less risky. Anal sex is not free of harms even with protection. And because humans are too narrow-minded to protect themselves from possible harm, God does the simple thing for them and outlaws it by replacing it with something safer.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:16:23 AM
At 8/23/2010 11:09:32 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/23/2010 11:06:25 AM, lovelife wrote:
It is not less risky. Anal sex is not free of harms even with protection. And because humans are too narrow-minded to protect themselves from possible harm, God does the simple thing for them and outlaws it by replacing it with something safer.

Now that there is lube and all that other stuff it is less risky. I think its kinda gross but I don't see what the big deal is. God should come and tell us what is now acceptable, what the right thing to do is, and if there is anything that is still wrong from having anal sex. Also if he gets pissed off if you use birth control.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:21:00 AM
At 8/23/2010 11:16:23 AM, lovelife wrote:
Now that there is lube and all that other stuff it is less risky. I think its kinda gross but I don't see what the big deal is. God should come and tell us what is now acceptable, what the right thing to do is, and if there is anything that is still wrong from having anal sex. Also if he gets pissed off if you use birth control.
My friend...

You are misunderstanding almost every thing I write. God is caring and wants people to choose the safest thing among many things. For example, if you are a mother to 10 children and they engage in harmful acts, and it really bothers you because they ask you for help and make their own lives, including yours, miserable, would you not prohibit those acts for them and let them engage in safe acts? Yes, I think you would. Similarly, God wants people to be able to remember Him as much as they can and live as long as they can either to have a chance to believe in Him or remain beveling in Him for as long as possible. This can be done by doing safe things. Life is always a risk. Every action is a risk. When you talk to me now, you are risking wasting your time. You are at risk by living. However, the wisest thing is to choose the lesser risk if you can, and that is what God tells you to do in order to be healthy, happy, and remain believing.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:22:57 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:57:26 AM, lovelife wrote:
In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.

lol mom would divorce anyone that denied her coffee access. I would too if i was denied Dr. Pepper access.

Haha that's funny, especially considering it's Saudi Arabia.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:23:14 AM
At 8/23/2010 9:41:34 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/23/2010 9:37:56 AM, badger wrote:
why can't i legally smoke weed?

Lmao because the government thinks weed is more harmful than tobacco which is false. I doubt it will stay illegal for another 5 years.

Well no one has established a link between tobacco and schziophrenia...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 11:27:53 AM
At 8/23/2010 10:57:26 AM, lovelife wrote:
I do not think that this is true...