Jump to topic:

Let's Harvest Fetuses!

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 11:32:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So does nobody care that there is increasing evidence that a large scale operation to illegally harvest, dissect, collect and sell pieces of aborted babies is going on at Planned Parenthood? I can barely write this without feeling a little nauseous just thinking about it. There has been a distinct lack of outrage or caring which scares me. This is especially distressing considering the large amount of outrage going around about stupid Cecil the lion...

Cecil the lion is killed and a man's business is ruined and has to go into hiding because he received thousands of death threats yet the doctors who are literally... literally... illegally taking fetuses out of women and chopping them up and selling them get no such outrage or public animosity. What?

Would people care if the fetuses were being eaten? Or put into smoothies? Or what? I really don't get it. People can muster up enough anger and hate to spew vile about a stinking lion a continent away (where thousands are being killed or dying of disease by the way, and don't get me started on the awful atrocities in the Middle East) yet no one seems to care about real atrocities. If our society has any compassion left at all in it at all it is being wasted.

The way we candidly hear about babies being aborted and dissected and the way we treat each other online is horrifying. It seems the thin veil of anonymity unlocks some inner pit of hate and vitriol within people...

Anyways, has anyone else noticed this?
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 12:42:55 AM
At 7/29/2015 11:32:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
So does nobody care that there is increasing evidence that a large scale operation to illegally harvest, dissect, collect and sell pieces of aborted babies is going on at Planned Parenthood? I can barely write this without feeling a little nauseous just thinking about it. There has been a distinct lack of outrage or caring which scares me. This is especially distressing considering the large amount of outrage going around about stupid Cecil the lion...

I'll take a fresh dozen. I need some for my ratatouille and I am fresh out of vermin.

Cecil the lion is killed and a man's business is ruined and has to go into hiding because he received thousands of death threats yet the doctors who are literally... literally... illegally taking fetuses out of women and chopping them up and selling them get no such outrage or public animosity. What?

Also, do you have some salt n' pepper to go with that tender lion
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 1:59:14 AM

Would people care if the fetuses were being eaten? Or put into smoothies? Or what? I really don't get it. People can muster up enough anger and hate to spew vile about a stinking lion a continent away (where thousands are being killed or dying of disease by the way, and don't get me started on the awful atrocities in the Middle East) yet no one seems to care about real atrocities. If our society has any compassion left at all in it at all it is being wasted.

The way we candidly hear about babies being aborted and dissected and the way we treat each other online is horrifying. It seems the thin veil of anonymity unlocks some inner pit of hate and vitriol within people...

Well... the pp story is complete fiction, and the lion story is factual, soooo.... yes I care much more about the lion.

And, that prick should feel 'hunted' for the remainder of his life.
HelloPlants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 2:18:13 AM

For someone so concerned about the "inner pit of hatred and vitriol within people," you have an awful lack of regard for this slaughtered lion. The PP story makes you nauseous but you don't care that a large mammal, not all that dissimilar from ourselves, was shot, skinned, and beheaded? Do you not extend any of your "compassion" beyond the human race?

This guy deserves the consequences he's facing. The death threats, no, but he illegally killed a protected and endangered species. Lions are vital to the ecosystem; when they go extinct, populations of ungulates they prey on with skyrocket, demolishing the already-sparse African plant life. Lions are also a huge tourist attraction for Africa, bringing in millions of dollars to the local economy through things like safaris. Cecil was a pretty well-known individual, I'm sure there will be a loss. You can't honestly think that PP deserves outrage but the lion story doesn't.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 2:34:14 AM

Yes, and it saddens and disgusts me too.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:40:25 AM
At 7/30/2015 2:34:14 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

Are you retarded
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:55:58 AM
At 7/30/2015 3:40:25 AM, fazz wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:58:22 AM
At 7/30/2015 3:55:58 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
So does nobody care that there is increasing evidence that a large scale operation to illegally harvest, dissect, collect and sell pieces of aborted babies is going on at Planned Parenthood? The way we candidly hear about babies being aborted and dissected and the way we treat each other online is horrifying. It seems the thin veil of anonymity unlocks some inner pit of hate and vitriol within people...

Are you retarded

no, are you?

Dead babies make for funny jokes. And its for a good cause, isn't it??
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:02:24 AM
At 7/30/2015 3:58:22 AM, fazz wrote:
So does nobody care that there is increasing evidence that a large scale operation to illegally harvest, dissect, collect and sell pieces of aborted babies is going on at Planned Parenthood? The way we candidly hear about babies being aborted and dissected and the way we treat each other online is horrifying. It seems the thin veil of anonymity unlocks some inner pit of hate and vitriol within people...

Are you retarded

no, are you?

No, dead babies are a tragedy. A hunted lion on the other hand, is hilariously ironic.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:04:14 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:02:24 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?

No, dead babies are a tragedy. A hunted lion on the other hand, is hilariously ironic.

Wait, you're not pro-whatever are you?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:05:31 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:04:14 AM, fazz wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?

No, I'm not pro-whatever. That would be retarded. I'm pro-life. Human life, that is. I couldn't give two feces about a stupid overgrown cat.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:07:23 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:05:31 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?

No, I'm not pro-whatever. That would be retarded. I'm pro-life. Human life, that is. I couldn't give two feces about a stupid overgrown cat.

What cat?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:09:12 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:07:23 AM, fazz wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?

What cat?

The dangerous predator that some people were stupidly calling "cecil"
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:10:40 AM

Sorry, didn't know you were pro-life. That's you prerogative so I won't comment.

However, I think selling parts in biology is commonplace. Its not some concealed secret. Its done in the open. That's why there are videos.
HelloPlants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:13:09 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:09:12 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 7/30/2015 4:07:23 AM, fazz wrote:

Are you retarded

no, are you?

What cat?

The dangerous predator that some people were stupidly calling "cecil"

Jealous that no one cares about you as much as people care about Cecil?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:13:12 AM

I was under the impression that the video was severely doctored and, thus, fake.
My work here is, finally, done.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:16:50 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:13:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I was under the impression that the video was severely doctored and, thus, fake.

They uploaded the full videos as well as short versions.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:18:47 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:16:50 AM, TN05 wrote:

Well, according to my sister-in-law, even if this was true, it is not nationwide, as her "district" does not have the capabilities to harvest organs, or do late term abortions, or something like that.
My work here is, finally, done.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:19:03 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:10:40 AM, fazz wrote:

Sorry, didn't know you were pro-life. That's you prerogative so I won't comment.

However, I think selling parts in biology is commonplace. Its not some concealed secret. Its done in the open. That's why there are videos.

Not sure what you're apologizing for... But yes, selling parts in biology is commonplace, but generally it's done with animals or humans who donated their body to science. Frankenstein-type grave digging is not allowed, since it is disrespectful to the people who didn't give their consent for this kind of thing. Of course in the case of PP, the unborn didn't consent to being murdered in the first place, so why flinch at selling their remains now that they're dead, I guess? Pretty sickening to me.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:20:13 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:13:09 AM, HelloPlants wrote:

No, sad that some people care more about a savage beast than innocent humans.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:23:02 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:18:47 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/30/2015 4:16:50 AM, TN05 wrote:

Well, according to my sister-in-law, even if this was true, it is not nationwide, as her "district" does not have the capabilities to harvest organs, or do late term abortions, or something like that.

It depends on the region. That being said, it's pretty clear from the full video that the doctors admit to altering the timing and method of abortions so they can harvest tissue. That is illegal. Claims of selling are a bit sketchier, because PP claims it is just a transport charge, but there is indeed haggling on it.
HelloPlants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:34:33 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:20:13 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

What's the difference? Besides the fact that one is full grown animal, fully capable of feeling pain and fear, and the other is a undeveloped fetus.

PP's method for transferring fetal parts is sketchy at worst; I think the biggest issue here is they're using tissue without consent from the patient. Whoever is handling these samples needs a crash course in sensitivity and respecting the patient's wishes; this I will admit. You, however, seem more concerned with the abortions themselves. So what is this, poaching vs abortion, or PP vs one poach? You just can't compare the second one.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:38:20 AM
I really don't care that much about the lion. If fetuses are already being aborted, why not harvest the organs? I really don't get the outrage here. I can understand how the pro-life position is at least a coherent one, but body parts being used for something instead of thrown out seems unrelated, unless you are also opposed to organ donations in general for religious reasons.

Frankly, I find the idea of throwing out what can be used more disturbing than the idea of using an aborted fetus for scientific purposes.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:42:03 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:10:40 AM, fazz wrote:

Not sure what you're apologizing for...

I wrongly assumed you were neutral but sort of sympathetic, lol.

But yes, selling parts in biology is commonplace, but generally it's done with animals or humans who donated their body to science. Frankenstein-type grave digging is not allowed, since it is disrespectful to the people who didn't give their consent for this kind of thing. Of course in the case of PP, the unborn didn't consent to being murdered in the first place..

The reason why a child is not allowed to consent to sex is because "its" opinion does not count. A court of law has an intellectual blindspot for non-adults. A teenager having sex with underage teens are not his/her consent because they are considered its, literal dumb animals like birds n' bees, who have no consciousness. Babies and toddlers are also not capable of consent because they are not cognisceint (aka not conscience, consciousness) enough in the eyes of the law. So the parent decides consent as always on "its" behalf. No matter what the age or sex of the child.

so why flinch at selling their remains now that they're dead, I guess?

This word "selling" is wrong. A donated liver costs $200 grand to buy. PP (or planned parenthood) were selling it for $75 which was to cover costs, not to sell/profit in any manner whatsoever. There a huge profit margin between 200 000 and 50 bucks wouldn't you agree?

These people discussing the sale were in Panera Bread eating doughy bread with mozarella. This was not hatchign a conspiracy in a off-grid location in the middle of nowhere. It was done in broad daylight and so nothing illegal took place.

Pretty sickening to me.

Yes, its sickening but its also the law.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:28:06 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:38:20 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I really don't care that much about the lion. If fetuses are already being aborted, why not harvest the organs? I really don't get the outrage here. I can understand how the pro-life position is at least a coherent one, but body parts being used for something instead of thrown out seems unrelated, unless you are also opposed to organ donations in general for religious reasons.

Frankly, I find the idea of throwing out what can be used more disturbing than the idea of using an aborted fetus for scientific purposes.

As a pro-lifer, I'm definitely not opposed to organ donations. I think they're great.

This is what is wrong about using aborted fetuses for science: On top of the injustice of murdering them, you are then adding insult to injury by experimenting on their bodies without their consent. There's a reason why scientists can't just go dig up the graves of the dead and use their bodies. We as a society try to have a certain level of respect for our dead, and that means not playing around with their bodies unless they donated them to science.

Would you be fine with applying the death penalty to criminals, then allowing scientists to experiment on the remains and do whatever they want "in the name of science" without the authorization of the deceased? Don't you think that might create a perverse incentive to execute more people, if there is a demand for research material?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:36:28 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:34:33 AM, HelloPlants wrote:

What's the difference? Besides the fact that one is full grown animal, fully capable of feeling pain and fear, and the other is a undeveloped fetus.

The difference is that lions are subhuman, fetuses are not. Lions are too stupid to ever accomplish anything meaningful, unlike an unborn person. Lions do not contribute to our society, in fact they occasionally kill people which is a detriment. So their net value is negative. Not true for humans.

PP's method for transferring fetal parts is sketchy at worst; I think the biggest issue here is they're using tissue without consent from the patient. Whoever is handling these samples needs a crash course in sensitivity and respecting the patient's wishes; this I will admit. You, however, seem more concerned with the abortions themselves. So what is this, poaching vs abortion, or PP vs one poach? You just can't compare the second one.

Using tissue without consent is a problem, yes, but it's definitely the molehill next to the mountain called "killing a human without consent." Or, as it's more commonly known, murder. Anyway, to answer your question, I am agreeing with OP that it's really depressing to see so much outrage over the death of one worthless cat, when many of these same people do not care about the fact that PP is killing unborn persons and experimenting on their remains.

Or how about the fact that it's somehow controversial to speak out against police killings of unarmed blacks in America? Basically what it boils down to, is that some people don't seem to value human life any more. But they lose their marbles over "Cecil" who would have disemboweled them on sight, depending on his mood.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:37:56 AM

Yea this is a tough one. My initial reaction is disgust, of course, but idk. What else would they do with them? We can't force people to not have abortions. So there will be fetuses. Still pretty f'd up
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:29:49 AM
At 7/30/2015 2:18:13 AM, HelloPlants wrote:

For someone so concerned about the "inner pit of hatred and vitriol within people," you have an awful lack of regard for this slaughtered lion. The PP story makes you nauseous but you don't care that a large mammal, not all that dissimilar from ourselves, was shot, skinned, and beheaded? Do you not extend any of your "compassion" beyond the human race?

This guy deserves the consequences he's facing. The death threats, no, but he illegally killed a protected and endangered species. Lions are vital to the ecosystem; when they go extinct, populations of ungulates they prey on with skyrocket, demolishing the already-sparse African plant life. Lions are also a huge tourist attraction for Africa, bringing in millions of dollars to the local economy through things like safaris. Cecil was a pretty well-known individual, I'm sure there will be a loss. You can't honestly think that PP deserves outrage but the lion story doesn't.

The point is that people are looking at a story of a single animal (individual if you prefer), and prioritizing that story over the mass slaughter and harvesting of organs for profit from predominantly minority babies?

So why is the one lion story more important than the murder and harvesting of organs from thousands of black babies?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:35:41 AM
At 7/30/2015 4:34:33 AM, HelloPlants wrote:

Why do you think an unborn baby can't feel pain, and why do you sick fvck snot consider it a human? I feel my baby kick, we've named the baby, we've already grown emotionally attached to my unborn baby. If somebody told me to my face that my child doesn't count as a human, I'd probably choke the life out of them. At what point does the baby become human? After birth? If so, why can they feel pain a minute after being born, but not a minute before being born?