Jump to topic:

Women in the Household.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:11:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are many beliefs that a women's place is to stay in the house to only cook, clean and take care of the children. Their husbands discourage working in the workplace. What is your thought?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:13:36 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:11:33 PM, Lee001 wrote:
There are many beliefs that a women's place is to stay in the house to only cook, clean and take care of the children. Their husbands discourage working in the workplace. What is your thought?

I believe a dual working household is detrimental to the child. I do not care which parent assumes the rearing/support role, but I would say that women are generally better equipped for it.
My work here is, finally, done.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:14:51 PM

I think that a Woman has a right to do what she wants.......if its to please a man. Besides this is the role that is fitting for you. Why do you think the fem movement has caused society to weaken. Women aren't being Women. They are trying to be like us Men. =)
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:18:25 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:14:51 PM, inferno wrote:

I think that a Woman has a right to do what she wants.......if its to please a man. Besides this is the role that is fitting for you. Why do you think the fem movement has caused society to weaken. Women aren't being Women. They are trying to be like us Men. =)

Fitting for me? how so?
Women are trying to be like men? So, they're trying to be a pig?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:52:32 PM

A woman's "place" is where she desires to be-- in accordance with her abilities and ambitions. The problem with the present generation is that too many women (girls, actually) look up to the likes of Kim Kardashian, who has very little in the way of abilities or even anything resembling self actualization and emotional maturity.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:25:49 PM
It's a useless thought, and one of no value. Modern society has, for the most part, moved beyond this.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:54:18 PM
At 8/5/2015 7:25:49 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
It's a useless thought, and one of no value. Modern society has, for the most part, moved beyond this.

Actually no. I know many men who discourage women for doing something a man would do. Allot of cultures still abide by this today.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 8:28:14 PM

People generally consider taking care of the home and family as some sort of slavery. Truth is that its very much the opposite I can think of no other position more important, more influencial, and more rewarding.

This type of thought has more to do with thinking that money is the most important thing in life. NOT TRUE

As a man I would rather raise my children than be a white or blue collar slave.
I guess everybody want everything without responsibility for anything
Another example of how twisted backwards modern society has become.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 8:35:37 PM
At 8/5/2015 7:54:18 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Actually no. I know many men who discourage women for doing something a man would do. Allot of cultures still abide by this today.

I said "for the most part".

And I wouldn't count cultures like those of the Middle East to be "modern". They haven't progressed socially for quite some time.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:36:11 PM

A woman should always be obedient to her husband. God wants it this way. And He should know, right?

Bible Verses About Wife Submit To Your Husband

1 Peter 3:1-22 - Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; (Read More...)

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. (Read More...)

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:7 - Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 5:21 - Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:1-33 - Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; (Read More...)

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Colossians 3:19 - Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.

1 Peter 3:5 - For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Ephesians 5:33 - Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:38:29 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:36:11 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

A woman should always be obedient to her husband. God wants it this way. And He should know, right?

1 Peter 3:1-22 - Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; (Read More...)

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. (Read More...)

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:7 - Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Ephesians 5:1-33 - Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; (Read More...)

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

1 Peter 3:5 - For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Ephesians 5:33 - Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I don't have to submit to any man. Only if I wish too. If your insinuating you want me to be submissive to you, go f*ck yourself. The bible is irrelevant in todays society.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:38:32 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:13:36 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I believe a dual working household is detrimental to the child. I do not care which parent assumes the rearing/support role, but I would say that women are generally better equipped for it.

yes, better equipped and one of the few things they're good at.
Men = Best: chefs (LOL--even we cook better!); artists; architects; athletes; engineers' scientists; philosophers; ministers; writers; drivers; businessmen...keep goin to infinitty.
God Bless
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:42:50 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:38:29 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I don't have to submit to any man. Only if I wish too. If your insinuating you want me to be submissive to you, go f*ck yourself. The bible is irrelevant in todays society.

you prove my point about selfishness by cursing me. and you call yourself a Christian. Wow. Pray extra hard tonight before you do your twittering and all that ego stuff.

Scripture and the Bible is timeless and not un-relevent. most Christians know this. (i guess not all though!) lol

First, Scripture is timeless, in some important senses. Of course, Scripture was written in time and describes temporal, historical events. In those ways it is temporal, and that temporal character is important to the understanding of Scripture. But in other ways it stands beyond our temporal experience. Isaiah says, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever" (40:8).

The Apostle Peter reiterates: "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God. For "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of the Lord stands forever'" (I Pet. 1:23-25). Cf. also Psm. 119:89, "Your Word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens," and verse 160, "All your Words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal."

---from online article on Eternity of God's Word
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:43:56 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:42:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/5/2015 9:38:29 PM, Lee001 wrote:

you prove my point about selfishness by cursing me. and you call yourself a Christian. Wow. Pray extra hard tonight before you do your twittering and all that ego stuff.

Scripture and the Bible is timeless and not un-relevent. most Christians know this. (i guess not all though!) lol

First, Scripture is timeless, in some important senses. Of course, Scripture was written in time and describes temporal, historical events. In those ways it is temporal, and that temporal character is important to the understanding of Scripture. But in other ways it stands beyond our temporal experience. Isaiah says, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever" (40:8).

The Apostle Peter reiterates: "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God. For "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of the Lord stands forever'" (I Pet. 1:23-25). Cf. also Psm. 119:89, "Your Word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens," and verse 160, "All your Words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal."

---from online article on Eternity of God's Word

I don't do twitter.

https://www.youtube.com...

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:43:57 PM

it cracks me up when little girls ask for opinions and then get abusive and angry when they get answers they dont agree with. there's a name for this.
God Bless
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:46:41 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:43:57 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

it cracks me up when little girls ask for opinions and then get abusive and angry when they get answers they dont agree with. there's a name for this.
God Bless

Lol, no..

Its just that I know who you actually are, and you're just stalking my forums, like you always have been.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:55:27 PM

If there aren't any children, I don't see why both of them can't work. But if there are children, then it's important for one person to stay home with them. It's logical for the one who makes more money to keep working, and the other one stay home.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:01:18 PM

I believe husbands should provide so the wife does not half to work but can if she chooses to. In my experience women are more nurturing and therefore more effective in the household. I think it just comes along with mothering. However I do understand it can go both ways.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:01:25 PM

God Bless

Keep quoting scripture for everything bud. I'm sure it'll get you far in life.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:23:08 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:01:18 PM, Df0512 wrote:

I believe husbands should provide so the wife does not half to work but can if she chooses to. In my experience women are more nurturing and therefore more effective in the household. I think it just comes along with mothering. However I do understand it can go both ways.

I agree. Some women are better at nurturing their own children than actually working in the work place. It really depends on the type of women.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:29:51 AM
At 8/5/2015 10:01:25 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

God Bless

Its worked pretty well so far. I own my own business and am Saved by God. I begin ministry college next Fall. but when i quote Scripture its now to show off my knowledge on the Bible, theirs alot of people who can quote more than me, I do it just when whatI quote fits when Im trying to help somebody free themselves from Sin, which St. Paul tells us are the wages of Death. and I also must try to get them closer to God. it was all part of the Deal.
GodBless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:31:48 AM
At 8/5/2015 9:46:41 PM, Lee001 wrote:

God Bless

Lol, no..

Its just that I know who you actually are, and you're just stalking my forums, like you always have been.

you dont know me from Adam. or do you live in Santa Cruz and come to my Box? and, no, dont flatter youself, that wasthe first post I ever seen from you I didnt even know you were gone like I said till you told all of us. LOL

GodBless.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:39:42 AM
At 8/6/2015 1:29:51 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless

Its worked pretty well so far. I own my own business and am Saved by God. I begin ministry college next Fall. but when i quote Scripture its now to show off my knowledge on the Bible, theirs alot of people who can quote more than me, I do it just when whatI quote fits when Im trying to help somebody free themselves from Sin, which St. Paul tells us are the wages of Death. and I also must try to get them closer to God. it was all part of the Deal.
GodBless.

http://cdn.meme.am...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:43:18 AM
I think the wife should do what she wants and the husband should be supportive of the decision.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:30:30 AM
At 8/6/2015 1:39:42 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

God Bless

GodBless.

Sean William Scott is my nephew! My mom's sister's son. Thanks..great pic.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:34:29 AM
At 8/6/2015 2:30:30 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless

GodBless.

oops sorry. Cousin. but no blood relation since I was adopted.

God Bless.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:09:25 AM
At 8/5/2015 6:14:51 PM, inferno wrote:

I think that a Woman has a right to do what she wants.......if its to please a man.

Haha, this is great.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:11:09 AM

God Bless

GodBless.

that makes him your cousin, dummy
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:11:33 AM
At 8/6/2015 2:34:29 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless

GodBless.

oops sorry. Cousin. but no blood relation since I was adopted.

God Bless.

Oh didn't see this lol. Ignore my last post
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 3:14:12 AM
At 8/6/2015 3:11:09 AM, thett3 wrote:

God Bless

GodBless.

that makes him your cousin, dummy

i know, I added that like ten seconds later in that post. Like I said we're not blood since I was adopted when I was six. I saw him in Santa Barbara last winter for a family reunion. you know what's suprising about him? In real life he's not very funny at all! sort of moody and serious. but a nice kid.
God Bless.