Jump to topic:

Perceptions of Political Steryotypes

DisKamper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 5:57:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We all know about political stereotypes. Conservatives think liberals are like this and liberals think conservatives are like that.

This is about what one side thinks the other side thinks of them. For instance, liberals in my area tend to think conservatives view liberals as:

Liberals tend to be emotion-driven people, and base their arguments off of impulse rather than common sense. They often believe in conspiracy theories like global warming, GMO danger and evolution which contradict common sense. They are typically lazy young unemployed liberal arts majors, and are tend to be easily swayed by flawed liberal arguments. They want to blame people who are successful and want the government to give them income because they feel that they deserve it even though they don't do any work that is important to the economy. This stems from the the liberal media telling them that their lack of opportunities in life is someone else's fault.

How does this perception of a stereotype compare to the actual stereotype? Which is closer to reality, the perception or the stereotype itself? And what is the conservative perception of the stereotype liberals have of conservatives?

From my perspective, the perception of the conservative stereotype of liberals outlined above is surprisingly accurate. The liberals I know tend not to rely very much on common sense and prefer to use the newest evidence- whether that evidence is reliable or not. And most lazy young unemployed liberal arts majors are liberals from my experience. Moreover, the media does seem to convey the message that people are given fewer opportunities because of corporations.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 1:44:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think you're right. Most left and right leaning people fall somewhere in the middle of things. In reality, it is the politicians who seem to be extreme, whether on the left or the right, and the masses just choose their leaders according to the choices that they have and not really according to everything that they think.
I personally am moderate, whatever that's suppose to mean. I used to be a Fundamental Conservative. Thank God I realized that I was on a horrible path and extracted myself from it.
Liberals tend to think that people on the right want women to stay at home. They want prayer in schools. They want a Christian nation. They want to bomb Iran back to the ice age. They think scientists are goons. They hate Evolution and think it's of the devil. In all actuality, this is really what most Fundamentalists really do think. They really do think the earth is 6,000 years old. This is the danger of Fundamentalist thinking when it comes to religion. Our only hope for these people is to use propaganda and truth and reason to extract them from their insanity. I was there once and know what worked for me. I did the research and found out how full of lies the Bible was. I found out how untrue it was, and how many errors were in it. That was the beginning of the road out of hell for me.

The sad thing about the Fundamentalists is that they are becoming even more extreme, to the point of out and out lies. This Christian nation movement is a huge lie and smells of theocracy. I feel sorry for the ignorant Christians who just don't know. Their pastors told them that we are a Christian nation, so they just believe them. These Christian are low information people. They don't read or study anything to find out the truth. The only thing they get is their pastor on Sundays, and Rush Limbaugh for the rest of the week. It's unfortunate for these people because they really are good people, but they are being led like lambs to the slaughter.