Jump to topic:

Criminal law

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 3:16:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is to all you top notched debaters out there. Would you rather be a Prosecutor or Defense attorney?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 3:43:43 AM
At 9/1/2010 3:16:02 AM, MarquisX wrote:
This is to all you top notched debaters out there. Would you rather be a Prosecutor or Defense attorney?

Anything but the accused!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 8:24:55 AM

Depends on the case.

If it was a ruthless property developer in the dock who was accused of cynically exploiting vulnerable tenants by charging them too much rent and not keeping their buildings in good repair, I'd like to be the prosecutor.

If it was a deprived old lady who was up in court for failing to pay rent to her unscrupulous landlord, I'd like to be the defence lawyer.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 12:29:07 PM
Head Prosecutor in all cases.

This way I can drop cases which aren't merited... or where I don't like the law :)... and pursue D-bags.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 12:30:10 PM

Hmm...probably prosecutor although I have almost no interest in entering the legal field.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 12:51:12 PM
At 9/1/2010 12:29:07 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Head Prosecutor in all cases.

This way I can drop cases which aren't merited... or where I don't like the law :)... and pursue D-bags.

^^^ this.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 1:15:17 PM

I'm hopefully going to be a defense attorney.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 6:10:18 PM
At 9/1/2010 12:53:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This thread should be appropriately titled "Miles Edgeworth vs Phoenix Wright".

Why? I googled that and all i got was a buncha homosexual anime lawyers. I'm not really into yaoi or w.e the hell its called
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 6:15:33 PM
defense attorney they make the money... and if you are going to be a lawyer, pick the one where your supposed to be a complete a$$. Prosecutors careers are not about winning, its about finding the truth, using the justice system, working with it. A defense lawyer just abuses the laws, cherry picks information, and allows O.J to play golf and write books about "If I did it".
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 7:00:59 PM
At 9/1/2010 6:15:33 PM, Loserboi wrote:
defense attorney they make the money... and if you are going to be a lawyer, pick the one where your supposed to be a complete a$$. Prosecutors careers are not about winning, its about finding the truth, using the justice system, working with it. A defense lawyer just abuses the laws, cherry picks information, and allows O.J to play golf and write books about "If I did it".

Pretty much. Though, you're painting prosecutors in much too good of a light.
Defense attorneys are motivated by money a lot of the time, but prosecutors are typically motivated by political aspirations.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2010 2:21:52 AM
This is to all you top notched debaters out there. Would you rather be a Prosecutor or Defense attorney?:

It's all relative to serving clients who are innocent and in need of justice.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2010 4:40:27 AM
At 9/2/2010 2:21:52 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
This is to all you top notched debaters out there. Would you rather be a Prosecutor or Defense attorney?:

Actually I think it boils down to whether or not you believe there is good in the world
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2010 10:21:38 AM
At 9/2/2010 4:40:27 AM, MarquisX wrote:
At 9/2/2010 2:21:52 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Actually I think it boils down to whether or not you believe there is good in the world

I believe there is good, but I believe evil strongly outweighs it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave