Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

What will the future of gender norms be?

Gingeral2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 7:44:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As women become more educated than men and have a higher work rate then men, what will happen to gender norms? will it be normal in 50 years for a woman to be the head of the household?
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 4:20:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 7:44:50 PM, Gingeral2 wrote:
As women become more educated than men and have a higher work rate then men, what will happen to gender norms? will it be normal in 50 years for a woman to be the head of the household?

I don't really know what head of the household means, I assume it's the person with the name on the lease or that owns the house.

I think for many households a woman is already the head of the household. Mainly due many more being single parents (not living with the father).

Gender norms are a lot based on genetics and the physical/chemical differences between a man and a woman. I don't really see that changing in the next 50 years (naturally).

Also, I don't really know what hat you are pulling "women become more educated than men" out of. I could understand "as educated as men", but not more. That's been happening for quite a while now.