The appropriate action

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:27:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You decide.

In my neighborhood there have been several complaints, both from children and parents, that a man has been stalking kids. An obvious pedo. After a little investigative work, I have figured out where he lives and what vehicle he drives.

Now, I could report it to the police, but realistically what can they do?

So if you were me, how would you handle it?

My thought is to start off small. First thing is first, mail an anonymous letter to his home. If still persists, what would you do? Spraypaint "kid f*cker!" on his van? Contact the police? Beat him within an inch of his life? Pull a Dexter on him and execute him?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:35:41 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:27:20 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You decide.

In my neighborhood there have been several complaints, both from children and parents, that a man has been stalking kids. An obvious pedo. After a little investigative work, I have figured out where he lives and what vehicle he drives.

My thought is to start off small. First thing is first, mail an anonymous letter to his home. If still persists, what would you do? Spraypaint "kid f*cker!" on his van? Contact the police? Beat him within an inch of his life? Pull a Dexter on him and execute him?

Until he has actually approached a kid with the intent to commit an illegal act, you wouldn't have much of a case. He is legally allowed to walk on the sidewalk, even if it is always around small children. Would I be wary of him? Hell yes. But I'd keep my eye on him and maybe print a letter explaining what is going on and distribute it through your neighborhood. The more people who are aware, the more chance of catching him doing something suspicious. However, if he hasn't approached a kid but is just following them, then I would send an anonymous letter explaining your suspicions and distaste for his actions.

However, until you have a reasonable amount of "proof" to identify him as a pedo, I'd keep it civil and refrain from damaging property or insulting him. Truly, you don't have the full story as of yet. I hope that you can catch him before he harms a kid, but you have to remember his legal rights as well so a lawsuit doesn't turn around and bite you in the @ss as well.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:56:16 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:35:41 PM, annhasle wrote:
You decide.

Until he has actually approached a kid with the intent to commit an illegal act, you wouldn't have much of a case. He is legally allowed to walk on the sidewalk, even if it is always around small children. Would I be wary of him? Hell yes. But I'd keep my eye on him and maybe print a letter explaining what is going on and distribute it through your neighborhood. The more people who are aware, the more chance of catching him doing something suspicious. However, if he hasn't approached a kid but is just following them, then I would send an anonymous letter explaining your suspicions and distaste for his actions.

However, until you have a reasonable amount of "proof" to identify him as a pedo, I'd keep it civil and refrain from damaging property or insulting him. Truly, you don't have the full story as of yet. I hope that you can catch him before he harms a kid, but you have to remember his legal rights as well so a lawsuit doesn't turn around and bite you in the @ss as well.

Fvck that. Murder him before he does something that can't be undone.
Crimes of violence and sex (and how often they go together) are almost always progressive. The offender starts out getting kicks from something small and it escalates.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:01:29 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:56:16 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/8/2010 4:35:41 PM, annhasle wrote:
You decide.

Crimes of violence and sex (and how often they go together) are almost always progressive. The offender starts out getting kicks from something small and it escalates.

Which is why you keep him under supervision. But if you want to murder him, I can't stop you. :D
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:06:32 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:01:29 PM, annhasle wrote:

Which is why you keep him under supervision. But if you want to murder him, I can't stop you. :D

How often is that completely inefficient?
Except in the event of a zombie apocolypse, dead people can't harm anyone.

Muh threads
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:12:19 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:06:32 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/8/2010 5:01:29 PM, annhasle wrote:

How often is that completely inefficient?
Except in the event of a zombie apocolypse, dead people can't harm anyone.

I was more looking at it from a legal perspective but that works too of course...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:13:47 PM
Until he has actually approached a kid with the intent to commit an illegal act, you wouldn't have much of a case.:

Which is why I asked what I should do. I said, realistically the police are of no help in this situation.

[qs]The more people who are aware, the more chance of catching him doing something suspicious. However, if he hasn't approached a kid but is just following them, then I would send an anonymous letter explaining your suspicions and distaste for his actions.[/qs]

The whole neighborhood knows, and he know we know. He's a brazen son-of-a-bitch.

However, until you have a reasonable amount of "proof" to identify him as a pedo, I'd keep it civil and refrain from damaging property or insulting him. Truly, you don't have the full story as of yet.:

He all but directly admitted it to a neighborhood friend of mine. We're past the point of playing games with him.

[qs]I hope that you can catch him before he harms a kid, but you have to remember his legal rights as well so a lawsuit doesn't turn around and bite you in the @ss as well.[/qs]

Well, yeah, but that's why I would be slick about it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:15:55 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:13:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Until he has actually approached a kid with the intent to commit an illegal act, you wouldn't have much of a case.:

Which is why I asked what I should do. I said, realistically the police are of no help in this situation.

[qs]The more people who are aware, the more chance of catching him doing something suspicious. However, if he hasn't approached a kid but is just following them, then I would send an anonymous letter explaining your suspicions and distaste for his actions.[/qs]

The whole neighborhood knows, and he know we know. He's a brazen son-of-a-bitch.

However, until you have a reasonable amount of "proof" to identify him as a pedo, I'd keep it civil and refrain from damaging property or insulting him. Truly, you don't have the full story as of yet.:

He all but directly admitted it to a neighborhood friend of mine. We're past the point of playing games with him.

[qs]I hope that you can catch him before he harms a kid, but you have to remember his legal rights as well so a lawsuit doesn't turn around and bite you in the @ss as well.[/qs]

Time to get Dexter out and brush on your skills me thinks.

Muh threads
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:19:03 PM
Pull a Dexter on him and execute him?

I'd say if you were serious bout this idea... posting it here was your first mistake...

I'd say let the police know...

and if you're serious and wanna do something... stalk him.... and if you find him stalking little kids...

then you run in... push'im around and threaten him.

though... be careful... he could have a knife or something... :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:26:36 PM
You decide.

In my neighborhood there have been several complaints, both from children and parents, that Cerebral_Narcissist has been stalking kids. An obvious pedo. After a little investigative work, I have figured out where he lives and what vehicle he drives.

You should be able to spot him easily by his indignant outbursts and cries of "everyone's out to get me!" Tell him to GTFO and threaten to call askbob.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:29:51 PM
Leave him mostly alone, if he likes kids so what? Now of course tell everyone to be careful around him especially if they have kids, but if he hasn't even touched a kid, much less in a threatening or sexual way, there is nothing else that you should do.
I don't see what they see in kids (I also don't see what anyone sees in males) but thats the way he is, and unless he does something to damage another person he is not a bad person for it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:30:09 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:26:36 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
You should be able to spot him easily by his indignant outbursts and cries of "everyone's out to get me!" Tell him to GTFO and threaten to call askbob.

Somehow I doubt that it's CN who wandered into his town...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:33:38 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:30:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 9/8/2010 5:26:36 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Somehow I doubt that it's CN who wandered into his town...

DISCLAIMER: I do not now, nor ever have, believed CN to be the pedo that he so very often Denies to be

Metaphysics:
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:52:42 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:13:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Ugh, then get someone on this guy's @ss. You've been civil and respectful enough. He's about to pounce on a poor kid... Maybe call the police? You should get everyone to write a nasty letter to him and stuff them in his mailbox. Make him move by peer pressure. >.>
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:00:25 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:52:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
Ugh, then get someone on this guy's @ss. You've been civil and respectful enough. He's about to pounce on a poor kid... Maybe call the police? You should get everyone to write a nasty letter to him and stuff them in his mailbox. Make him move by peer pressure. >.>

Knowing our fvcking system works, he would probably start sueing people for harassment.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:13:46 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:29:51 PM, lovelife wrote:
Leave him mostly alone, if he likes kids so what? Now of course tell everyone to be careful around him especially if they have kids, but if he hasn't even touched a kid, much less in a threatening or sexual way, there is nothing else that you should do.
I don't see what they see in kids (I also don't see what anyone sees in males) but thats the way he is, and unless he does something to damage another person he is not a bad person for it.

What the hell are you talking about? You being a lesbian and having consensual sex with another women and a man lusting after pre-pubescent children are not even in the same universe of logic. Have you ever read about violent sex offenders? Do you know the patterns? Stalking children with blatent disregard? This is not the behavior of a sane individual with good intentions. Wake up. He is probably just waiting for the right moment to snatch someone. Can you take that risk, when he might fantasise about cutting a little kids head off? The longer nobody does anything, the more brazen he will get.
I hate do-gooders, they do more harm then the friggin' criminals. By saying 'What can we do? He has rights.. We have to uphold the law... you're enabling people who don't care to get away with doing whatever they want.
History shows us that such individuals cannot be EVER be trusted and WILL certainly reoffend.

Muh threads
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:27:24 PM
At 9/8/2010 6:00:25 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/8/2010 5:52:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

Knowing our fvcking system works, he would probably start sueing people for harassment.

Yeah, probably... Is that just fvcking lovely? Democracy is supposed to be giving power to the people...and in turns give powers to the pedos. Awesome...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:38:04 PM
At 9/8/2010 6:13:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/8/2010 5:29:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

Pedo man.

You being a lesbian and having consensual sex with another women and a man lusting after pre-pubescent children are not even in the same universe of logic.

Did I say they were? I was saying I don't understand why people are attracted to these certain groups, but that does not make one wrong. Just different.

Have you ever read about violent sex offenders? Do you know the patterns? Stalking children with blatent disregard? This is not the behavior of a sane individual with good intentions. Wake up. He is probably just waiting for the right moment to snatch someone. Can you take that risk, when he might fantasise about cutting a little kids head off? The longer nobody does anything, the more brazen he will get.

I know and I understand. That is why you keep an eye on him and your children. Its a generally good idea anyway.

I hate do-gooders,

Wow.

they do more harm then the friggin' criminals. By saying 'What can we do? He has rights.. We have to uphold the law... you're enabling people who don't care to get away with doing whatever they want.

If they have not harmed someone their rights remain. If he ever touches a child even semi-sexually well he loses his rights. You can't codemn someone for what they might do.

History shows us that such individuals cannot be EVER be trusted and WILL certainly reoffend.

There are plenty of pedos that hate their attraction or simply don't act on it. If he has already been convicted then sure he's lost all rights, but if he's done nothing wrong then he should not be punished or pushed off.

http://www.experienceproject.com...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:50:47 PM
Unfortunately the minute someone isn't watching is clearly the minute something bad will happen. The OP described him as brazzen. You only need 10 seconds to snatch a child and stuff them in a car or he could simply sneak into your house and kidnap a child. You can't watch them when their asleep.
I'm not suggesting that the OP goes and shoots the guy in the head, but conventional methods don't work. He is protected by the law. Until he does something, he is innocent. Once he's done something, it's too late. The only possible thing would be to catch him in the short time between him snatching the child and him following through with some twisted fantasy.

I'm also aware of paedophiles who hate their feelings. Clearly this chap isn't one of those sorts of people.

Muh threads
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:52:40 PM
Let's execute Tvelliot. He might murder someone. He's all but admitted an irresistible urge to murder.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:01:06 PM
At 9/8/2010 6:52:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Let's execute Tvelliot. He might murder someone. He's all but admitted an irresistible urge to murder.

Lol this.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:05:10 PM
At 9/8/2010 6:50:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Unfortunately the minute someone isn't watching is clearly the minute something bad will happen. The OP described him as brazzen. You only need 10 seconds to snatch a child and stuff them in a car or he could simply sneak into your house and kidnap a child. You can't watch them when their asleep.
I'm not suggesting that the OP goes and shoots the guy in the head, but conventional methods don't work. He is protected by the law. Until he does something, he is innocent. Once he's done something, it's too late. The only possible thing would be to catch him in the short time between him snatching the child and him following through with some twisted fantasy.

I'm also aware of paedophiles who hate their feelings. Clearly this chap isn't one of those sorts of people.

Okay lets try this, replace anything to do with "child" to "another guy" (unconsenting guy of course) He might rape the other guy, but hasn't really done anything but kind of follow them around. Don't report someone because they are pedophilics, report them because they are stalking/harassing. Sexual orientation does not dictate what a person will do, even if they show an obvious interest in it.

Let him have fantasies, read others', watch loli whatever, but the second he infringes on anothers rights he becomes evil. He himself is not and should not be treated any different than a normal stalker <he that stalks adult mean and/or women>
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:06:56 PM

D:< Some people deserve to be mur-diddly-erded.

Muh threads
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:17:16 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:06:56 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Well yeah, but that shouldn't be policy.

Also, your word is a bit off. It should be "mur-diddly-erderd" or something along those lines.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:21:53 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:05:10 PM, lovelife wrote:

Okay lets try this, replace anything to do with "child" to "another guy" (unconsenting guy of course) He might rape the other guy, but hasn't really done anything but kind of follow them around. Don't report someone because they are pedophilics, report them because they are stalking/harassing. Sexual orientation does not dictate what a person will do, even if they show an obvious interest in it.

That's exactly what we're telling him to do. And the fact that he's stalking small children is pretty good proof that he's into little kids, a.k.a. a pedophile. So yes, he can report him for being a pedophile who is stalking small children.

Let him have fantasies, read others', watch loli whatever, but the second he infringes on anothers rights he becomes evil. He himself is not and should not be treated any different than a normal stalker <he that stalks adult mean and/or women>

Let him have his fantasies? Child pornography is illegal so no, he shouldn't read or watch small children being sexually exploited. And fantasies can lead to actions... I wouldn't trust him. At all.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:22:10 PM

I agree I suppose.
I just fvcking hate paedophiles, hence the debate I just Instigated.

Muh threads
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:29:44 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:21:53 PM, annhasle wrote:

That's exactly what we're telling him to do. And the fact that he's stalking small children is pretty good proof that he's into little kids, a.k.a. a pedophile. So yes, he can report him for being a pedophile who is stalking small children.

Report for stalking, yes, for being a pedophile no. The only reason why pedophilac behavoiur is worse than others is if they act on it exploiting younger weaker people who cannot defend themselves.
Just fantasising is not wrong in itself.

Let him have his fantasies? Child pornography is illegal so no, he shouldn't read or watch small children being sexually exploited. And fantasies can lead to actions... I wouldn't trust him. At all.

Child pornography showing real children is wrong. Written fantasies, and cartoons are not wrong.
You can't make laws or treat someone based on what they might do.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:31:38 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:22:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:

I agree I suppose.
I just fvcking hate paedophiles, hence the debate I just Instigated.

I don't mind pedos, as long as they don't touch or bother real children in any way. Much like how I don't hate gays or straights but hate rapists. Particularly violent ones that take advantage of the weak.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:49:37 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:06:56 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Yeah. Those people have done things to get that way. Things that don't consist of a stare that looks creepy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.