Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Feminist

Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:39:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.
What people, or is this a misrepresentation of what other people view of feminism?
If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

Rather than view feminism from a dictionary definition, why not criticize it empirically? More useful information can inferred empirically rather than ideologically, which feminism is essentially. Empirically, versus what feminism is purported to be via a definition, contains multiple disparities.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

This holds weight for any individual, whether it be man or woman, each individual should be accountable and be able to pursue his/her ambitions devoid of influence from others. You don't need to be a feminist to possess that notion.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

Your statement, "in today's society, there is no equality between men and women," is rather vague and if we analyzed more context, we could establish that there is a reason for this, which does not denote a stigma or any negative connotations. Men and women are generally not equal, and the differences can be observed physically, anatomically, and physiologically. We can also note a difference of which careers are occupied more prevalently with men or women. men and women statistically, elect varying educational options. Men tend to gear towards science and engineering, whereas women tend to gear towards education and social work.

Every individual should have access to a job, an education, and other public opportunities regardless of sex/gender/race. Whether or not the individual is a qualified candidate for a certain position, is (ought to be) the employers prerogative. Firefighting and various blue collared careers are a fine example of men statistically being more proficient than women at performing the required job duties. Women have the opportunity however, to seek employment.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.

I am not concerned with those who hate men and label themselves a feminist, I am however interested in the response of other feminists and whether or not they condone or detest the actions or remarks of the self-identified feminist.

I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

I dislike feminism because it advocates group rights, whereas I am a staunch individualist who advocates, and is profoundly confident, in the concepts of critical thinking and accountability. I am pleased that you do not condone the actions of those who identify as feminists with sexist intentions.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:23:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

For what its worth, the men who call out feminists are the same as they always have been. The majority of men have issue with the term, or the reasons for the focus.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:48:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 7:28:35 PM, TBR wrote:
That was a typo.

The majority of men have "NO" issue with the term or the focus.

I disagree. A majority of men see most feminist as "Man haters" They don't see them for what they actually believe, which is a group who advocates their rights. They ignore that part.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:54:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 7:48:24 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/25/2015 7:28:35 PM, TBR wrote:
That was a typo.

The majority of men have "NO" issue with the term or the focus.

I disagree. A majority of men see most feminist as "Man haters" They don't see them for what they actually believe, which is a group who advocates their rights. They ignore that part.

Well... Let me disagree by saying, the men who are hostile to feminists will be vocal. Most men are not vested in any real way, but when asked directly will not have a negative reaction to feminism.

In real life interactions, I can say I am much more likely to run into true raciest than feminists hating MRG type of guys.
Devilry
Posts: 475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 7:57:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have no problem with feminism, and in fact actually think there's a lot of good in it - women could do with being a little more assertive, for example. But that said, it can get pretty silly. I mean radical feminism has to be one of the most ridiculous schools out there, no? It'd be up there with Scientology, to be quite frank.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 8:01:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

You admit you are a feminist. Yet when I accuse you of such, you adamantly deny it.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:23:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 8:01:28 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

You admit you are a feminist. Yet when I accuse you of such, you adamantly deny it.

I didn't deny it. You accused me as being one of those negative feminist..
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Berend
Posts: 188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:09:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 7:48:24 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/25/2015 7:28:35 PM, TBR wrote:
That was a typo.

The majority of men have "NO" issue with the term or the focus.

I disagree. A majority of men see most feminist as "Man haters" They don't see them for what they actually believe, which is a group who advocates their rights. They ignore that part.

And do you have proof? Most men do not, most "men"* have an issue, and this is also women, so stop with the fruitless grouping or categorizations that are purely false, third wave feminism. These people who do agree with equal right, they just do not agree with what is considered Feminist Theory, the notion of complaining "women are dressed 'objectify' in movies", or people like Anita Sarkeesian. And those disagreements are quite valid. I'm anti-feminist for the type that Anita is. But I'm purely for equal rights and stuff. So no, most men do not think it means "man hater" the actions themselves will do that.
Berend
Posts: 188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:10:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 2:23:39 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/25/2015 8:01:28 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

You admit you are a feminist. Yet when I accuse you of such, you adamantly deny it.

I didn't deny it. You accused me as being one of those negative feminist..

Do you lack self awareness of your own accusations in your one original post, my dear?
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 2:09:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 2:23:39 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/25/2015 8:01:28 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.
I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

You admit you are a feminist. Yet when I accuse you of such, you adamantly deny it.

I didn't deny it. You accused me as being one of those negative feminist..

I don't think I did.
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2015 11:19:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.

It's the layperson's definition. If we went by the dictionary definition, 90% of Western Civilization would qualify.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men.

How to please a man:

1. Balls, empty.

2. Stomach, full.

3. Don't nag.

4. Don't max out his credit card.

5. Don't let other women belittle him.

Number 1 can be waived if you're not dating, and Number 2 if you're a terrible cook, but Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are mandatory. Practice them, and encourage other women to do likewise; no man will speak ill of feminism again.

I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.

What if that turns her on? ;)

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.

You need to be careful how you word this. Let's use the Wage Gap as an example.

"A woman makes 80 cents for every dollar a man makes, doing the same job."

WRONG. The median female wage is 80% of the median male wage. What's more, this drops to about 7% once you control for occupation, level of employment, hours worked, etc. Get your facts right or you'll be laughed at.

7% is easy to disregard, so don't address it. Instead, focus on the individual factors that cause it.

"Women are paid less because companies anticipate they'll take maternity leave."

Everybody can be outraged at that, because now it's mothers and babies getting shafted instead of those mean feminists.

Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.

What a d0uchebag. I hope you gave him a good slap!
Berend
Posts: 188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 1:05:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just reposting to be more clear in what I was countering to your post or talking about.

At 9/25/2015 6:05:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:
When people hear the word "feminist" they automatically think of a man hating, women. This is a stereotypical perception of feminist.


This in of itself is a stereotype, and one that is demonstrably false. If anything, most of them refer to the overly sexist third wave, tumbler feminist like Anita, who, in all honesty, while trying to do "good", does the very thing she fights against. Just take the scientist responsible for the prob on the meteor. People complain about what he wore, completely misunderstanding anything about him, what he did, and why he wore it. Why? Because it "sexualizes women" when that very group argue women should be able to wear what they want, yet do not do the same for men. Even to the point I have heard some complain about some women being to revealing. So they contradict their very "philosophy".

Is this every modern day feminist? No, obviously not. There are, however, extremist on the feminist side who, people like me who would be labeled "anti-feminist" go after. Because we wont accept their horrible, tremendous large lie that, like religion, influences people. We have to be careful to never lump, generalize or stereotype in general. At the same time, we should never be politically correct, to tell people to not to do things because it "offends them". Such B.S. would be "trigger warnings", in some of the most idiotic places to complain about a lack of trigger warnings.

If we take a look in the dictionary, "Feminist" can be defined as "an advocate of such rights." This is the real and accurate definition of a feminist. We don't hate men, we don't despise them and wish that they were wiped off the face of the planet. We simply advocate women's rights. People believe that since feminist exist today, we're attention whores, and self absorbed man hating women. Again, this a 21st stereotypical view of women.


Yes, if you look at the dictionary. Not every feminist follows that. The feminist theory doesn't even follow that. /the feminist saying women need to be equal to men doesn't follow that. It assumes the position men have no inherent disadvantages and women are inherently disadvantaged in some aspects. It's not as true as some would think. There are parts of the system where women have it good and men do not.

Exactly, feminism was and is the advocacy of female rights, as you just said. If the issues are not just for females, why would you call yourself a feminist? Likely because the notion women have ti worst. I am going to assume that because that is the answer every feminist I have talked to gave me. "Yes, men are also raped by men and women, as women are raped by men and women, but women have it worse, therefor they need help first."

Almost no man actually believes women or feminist want to wipe man of the face of the earth. We do get tires of the monotonous crap like "do not say history, because it says 'his' and thus is inherently sexist". Because that is absolutely petty B.S. Also, people who fight against feminist are also females, just as feminist are also males.

No, you're simply generalizing in a horrible lump. Very few people believe that about feminist, and if any, just the extremist.

I'm a feminist, and I don't hate men. I dislike men who believe a women's place is in the household, and a women's opinion or thoughts is not taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a man's place to boss around a women and tell her when she is to have sex.


That second sentence is near to absolutely non existent in first world nations. Are there a few? Sure, just as there are people who believe blacks should still be slaves. The number is incredibly low. Some assume Christopher Hitchens thinks that, but he simply stated a women shouldn't have to work, but she can if she wants to. If anything, he was "sexist" to men that they should have to work, but the women gets the choice. But wasn't really sexist at all.

You must fight internationally, because you wont find that very often in America. It would be less than 5% if not below the 1% line. However, some like that, as do some men like being raped as sexual pleasure. It's a two way street. There are even women who are so dominate, they do exactly this and abuse men.

In today's society, there is no equality between men and women. Women should have the same opportunities as men, the same job opportunities, the same pay and the "Gender Gap" should be abolished in the rest of the states.


Which society do you speak of? Surely not The United States. Women are fairly equal to men in a far number of ways in the U.S. If this was India or Saudi Arabia, then you would have a hell of a point. Many women do have the same opportunities as men. You can run for office, you can be a cop, etc. But is it sexist to women to say a female can't be a Navy Seal? If so, would you not consider it just as sexist to assume only men should do it, that only men can give their lives away as if meaningless? That the system that put up the notion of women not doing life or death jobs was their life was inherently more important? I mean, you don't have to sign up for the Selective Service before the age of 26, men do. If the idiots running the nation want to pull another Vietnam, our lives will be sacrificed for moronic political games, not yours. Your life wouldn't be a pawn to the system, ours would. So as you can see, it's an issue in general, but not because men want to be sexist to women, because it's sexist, if anything, on both sides. And they are quite literally archaic systems slowly being changed and should be changed.

First off, the whole "gender gap" argument is greatly fallacious. It's a horrible lie backed by horrible math. For one, there were reasons why some men did get paid more. For one, they were more likely to stay longer. They were more likely or were the only ones who could do death like jobs, such as underwater wielding. This notion every women makes 70 cents to the dollar of man is absolutely not backed by any legitimate scientific or mathematician papers. If anything, someone saw their paycheck was not the same, assumed they were equal to someone, used it, and became wildly used that it was that way for every women. It's not. I have been paid less and equal to plenty of women doing the same job. It's absolutely a huge lie that has been proven wrong by mathematicians already. Those that do have that sad payment issue should be paid equal, but it's more than "we are equal and have the same education", even though that is not always the case, because there are likely to be hundreds of poss abilities to what caused it. Assuming it was pure sexism because you have a uterus is the same as the BLM assuming a black kid killed by a cop who happens to be white was done purely out of spite racism before looking to the evidence.

As for it people in media and power talking about it, they do that, like Obama and Clinton, to get votes and popularity and nothing they say should really be taken seriously.
Berend
Posts: 188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 1:12:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Post continued...

My favorite feminist is "Mary Wollstonecraft" she was considered to be the first feminist. She simply advocated the social, moral and equality between both sexes. She simply argued that women have the right to an education. She simply isn't the perfection of a feminist in today's society, like i had mentioned "A man hating women."


This needs no real counter.

There are in fact men hating women today, but just because they're a feminist dosent mean tha all feminist are alike. There are plenty of feminist who love men, who like to have sexual reltions with men and simply enjoy their company.

Lol, what? "There are no man hating women, but man hating women there are!" Yea, OK. And there are no men raped by women.

I felt inspired to discuss this because just the other day, I was told this:
Me: I'm a feminist

A Guy: That means you hate men, and you're not going to get married. You're a lesbian.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little skeptical, but I hope you don't honestly believe all men are like this one, who would quite literally be ignorant of everything. But to be honest, this seems very much like a lie fabricated or you tried to paraphrase what he said and missed the point entirely.

The perception of a feminist is simply observations made from the negative feminist. We're not all alike.

And neither are most men remotely as you posted or like the one you stated you "talked too". If he said that and all you did was as you said, he's obviously ignorant.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:16:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would generally disagree with that women are discriminated in wages.

Might it happen some places? Sure. But on the large scale, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me of discrimination.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:22:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The problem with feminism as a movement is that the only known third-wave feminists are generally hypocrites. In the sense you out it - "man hater"...like, those are the feminists that get the most air time, so that's what you associate with to some people when you use the term "feminist".
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:25:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
And I criticize the mantra of the commonly-known third-wave feminists because I am very, very much a meritocratic person.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:28:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/29/2015 2:25:21 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
And I criticize the mantra of the commonly-known third-wave feminists because I am very, very much a meritocratic person.

*the mantra of the commonly-known third wave feminists in regards to gender discrimination in wages, the workforce, etc.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King