Jump to topic:

Homosexuality is a choice

harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 3:07:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just wanted to get it out (again), I'm the kind of guy who can't sleep at night knowing a lie has become popular, so here's the deal, people try to talk about being "attracted" to someone of the same gender, say for a second I looked at **** of the gender I was "attracted" to, then according to their logic, I'm just "being who I am" and I was "born a heterosexual" so I should follow any ****** desires I had because "you can do anything you want and it's all okay" and **** is perfectly moral because of this and "it doesn't hurt anyone", and according to that logic, adultery is moral too, and if you are greedy, it's moral to speak because "you were born a greedy person", well that's ridiculous.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 3:08:32 AM
At 9/26/2015 3:07:35 AM, harrytruman wrote:
I just wanted to get it out (again), I'm the kind of guy who can't sleep at night knowing a lie has become popular, so here's the deal, people try to talk about being "attracted" to someone of the same gender, say for a second I looked at **** of the gender I was "attracted" to, then according to their logic, I'm just "being who I am" and I was "born a heterosexual" so I should follow any ****** desires I had because "you can do anything you want and it's all okay" and **** is perfectly moral because of this and "it doesn't hurt anyone", and according to that logic, adultery is moral too, and if you are greedy, it's moral to speak because "you were born a greedy person", well that's ridiculous.
Steal, not speak.
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:02:34 AM
I just wanted to get it out (again), I'm the kind of guy who can't sleep at night knowing a lie has become popular,

Sounds like more of a personal problem. You sure you emptied your closet out, my friend?

so here's the deal, people try to talk about being "attracted" to someone of the same gender, say for a second I looked at **** of the gender I was "attracted" to, then according to their logic, I'm just "being who I am" and I was "born a heterosexual" so I should follow any ****** desires I had because "you can do anything you want and it's all okay" and **** is perfectly moral because of this and "it doesn't hurt anyone",

What? You can't control what you are sexually attracted to, kid. It's also not painted so much as people think. This "If you like penis, you're gay if you're a guy. If viginia, you're heterosexual." There is also bisexual, such as I. You either are, or you're not, sexually attracted to someone or something. There are people who can not get sexually turned on by women, others by men. I can by both. There are even sexual fetishes where a simple foot turns people on. Hell, there are people out there attracted to plants and diapers. And by that I mean just the very notion of them.

As for homo and hetero sexual desires, we have ample evidence to support it is built into you. There could be more, but there is sufficient enough evidence. But try this small experiment. If you are male, look at naked men, try to have sexual intercourse with a male. Find one you think is hot. If you are turned on, if you find them sexually attractive, you are either gay or bi.

I have a friend, close friend, who is asexual. He has no real desire for sex nor does a naked guy or girl turn him on in anyway. He had even questioned my the point of sex because he felt with his lack of desire, it seemed to be a pure fruitless thing. To this day, the guy still tells me neither gender turns him on, but has ways to have intercourse should he want a kid, apparently from asexual forums.

You can't control your sexual att4raction just as you can't control when you get a boner. Sorry, you can't. When you get one, you try to do mental gymnastics to get it to go away. But if you had pure control, it never would have happened. You can't force yourself to be attracted to a blender or a bear, or a child or a dog. You either do or you don't.

Homosexuality, or sexual attraction in general, is caused by environmental and genetic causes. When I say environmental, I mean what you are feed in your mothers womb, the shots you get, etc.As for genetics, I mean you being a guy getting your mothers genes of attraction to males. But as far as we know, what makes you gay or not gay is dependent on MANY genes, not just one. Hence why the Gay Gene founder said "there is not one single gay gene". Because it's caused by many. Gay Gene is an umbrella term. This comes from the Dr. himself.

and according to that logic, adultery is moral too, and if you are greedy, it's moral to speak because "you were born a greedy person", well that's ridiculous.

Well, no, not at all. But if you want me to get really deep into the thick of it, yes, they are moral. They are moral, but not by the logic you think. They're moral because morals are subjective. Being greedy is completely moral to that car sales men, but maybe not to that Pope in Rome. It has nothing to do so much with your logic.

And yes, you can be born that way because of determinism. But that is me, I agree with the notion of determinism and no true randomness, except quantum physics, at this point. But that is neither here nor there and your logic on homosexuality is more of a rant that it makes no sense without actually going into how. This thread lacks context.
132sque
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 9:33:12 PM

Firstly I think you need to go back to school and learn how to use full stops in a sentence.

If you are a man attracted to another man sexually then yes you are gay. Simple as that. Whether you act upon it or not does not matter, you are still gay. (or bi if you still have straight attractions to women also of course). There is NOTHING wrong with acting upon it, you are not harming anyone by consenting into sexual relations with another person. If you think you are please give me an example of this.

Nobody is saying adultery is moral!? It isn't. They are two different issues. Adultery is harmful to the person you are with. A gay relationship or act does not harm anyone when you are both single or committed to one another. I don't see what you are so confused about.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:35:02 PM
At 9/26/2015 9:33:12 PM, 132sque wrote:

Firstly I think you need to go back to school and learn how to use full stops in a sentence.

If you are a man attracted to another man sexually then yes you are gay. Simple as that. Whether you act upon it or not does not matter, you are still gay. (or bi if you still have straight attractions to women also of course). There is NOTHING wrong with acting upon it, you are not harming anyone by consenting into sexual relations with another person. If you think you are please give me an example of this.

Nobody is saying adultery is moral!? It isn't. They are two different issues. Adultery is harmful to the person you are with. A gay relationship or act does not harm anyone when you are both single or committed to one another. I don't see what you are so confused about.
Number one you forgot to mention why you think **** is ok , number two it does, it hurts people's eyes to see their public nudity.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:35:44 PM

Number one you forgot to mention why you think **** is ok , number two it does, it hurts people's eyes to see their public nudity.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:40:51 PM
At 9/26/2015 7:02:34 AM, Berend wrote:
I just wanted to get it out (again), I'm the kind of guy who can't sleep at night knowing a lie has become popular,

Sounds like more of a personal problem. You sure you emptied your closet out, my friend?

so here's the deal, people try to talk about being "attracted" to someone of the same gender, say for a second I looked at **** of the gender I was "attracted" to, then according to their logic, I'm just "being who I am" and I was "born a heterosexual" so I should follow any ****** desires I had because "you can do anything you want and it's all okay" and **** is perfectly moral because of this and "it doesn't hurt anyone",

What? You can't control what you are sexually attracted to, kid. It's also not painted so much as people think. This "If you like penis, you're gay if you're a guy. If viginia, you're heterosexual." There is also bisexual, such as I. You either are, or you're not, sexually attracted to someone or something. There are people who can not get sexually turned on by women, others by men. I can by both. There are even sexual fetishes where a simple foot turns people on. Hell, there are people out there attracted to plants and diapers. And by that I mean just the very notion of them.

As for homo and hetero sexual desires, we have ample evidence to support it is built into you. There could be more, but there is sufficient enough evidence. But try this small experiment. If you are male, look at naked men, try to have sexual intercourse with a male. Find one you think is hot. If you are turned on, if you find them sexually attractive, you are either gay or bi.

I have a friend, close friend, who is asexual. He has no real desire for sex nor does a naked guy or girl turn him on in anyway. He had even questioned my the point of sex because he felt with his lack of desire, it seemed to be a pure fruitless thing. To this day, the guy still tells me neither gender turns him on, but has ways to have intercourse should he want a kid, apparently from asexual forums.

You can't control your sexual att4raction just as you can't control when you get a boner. Sorry, you can't. When you get one, you try to do mental gymnastics to get it to go away. But if you had pure control, it never would have happened. You can't force yourself to be attracted to a blender or a bear, or a child or a dog. You either do or you don't.

Homosexuality, or sexual attraction in general, is caused by environmental and genetic causes. When I say environmental, I mean what you are feed in your mothers womb, the shots you get, etc.As for genetics, I mean you being a guy getting your mothers genes of attraction to males. But as far as we know, what makes you gay or not gay is dependent on MANY genes, not just one. Hence why the Gay Gene founder said "there is not one single gay gene". Because it's caused by many. Gay Gene is an umbrella term. This comes from the Dr. himself.

and according to that logic, adultery is moral too, and if you are greedy, it's moral to speak because "you were born a greedy person", well that's ridiculous.

Well, no, not at all. But if you want me to get really deep into the thick of it, yes, they are moral. They are moral, but not by the logic you think. They're moral because morals are subjective. Being greedy is completely moral to that car sales men, but maybe not to that Pope in Rome. It has nothing to do so much with your logic.

And yes, you can be born that way because of determinism. But that is me, I agree with the notion of determinism and no true randomness, except quantum physics, at this point. But that is neither here nor there and your logic on homosexuality is more of a rant that it makes no sense without actually going into how. This thread lacks context.

Well no use arguing with you, you have eliminated for yourself the very concept of morality to justify homosexuality as it is the only way to do so, this actually supports my debate because an actual homosexual said that if homosexuality is not wrong, nothing is wrong, this debate has no further need to debate as I won.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:41:58 PM
At 9/26/2015 10:17:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
How is that face punching therapy working out for ya? You still got those hellbound urges?

It's doing great, I withheld from punching this pervert guy for a few weeks and now I don't feel like punching him anymore.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:44:12 PM
At 9/26/2015 10:41:58 PM, harrytruman wrote:
How is that face punching therapy working out for ya? You still got those hellbound urges?

It's doing great, I withheld from punching this pervert guy for a few weeks and now I don't feel like punching him anymore.

So now you are a big supporter of conversion therapy?
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:08:51 PM
At 9/26/2015 10:44:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/26/2015 10:41:58 PM, harrytruman wrote:

So now you are a big supporter of conversion therapy?

Yep.
132sque
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:09:41 PM
At 9/26/2015 10:35:02 PM, harrytruman wrote:

Ok i don't know what **** is as i can only see "****". Public nudity? How is being gay public nudity. If all you can come up with is some troll response then your just proving my point, there is nothing wrong with it.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:14:10 PM
At 9/26/2015 11:09:41 PM, 132sque wrote:

Ok i don't know what **** is as i can only see "****". Public nudity? How is being gay public nudity. If all you can come up with is some troll response then your just proving my point, there is nothing wrong with it.

PORN, all caps, it got blurred out because mobile devices censor, anyway, unless you can say pornograph is ok then you have to admit I'm right, next, you forgot to rebut my statement about stealing, if you want to go by that logic then a greedy person doesn't chose to be born greedy so it's ok to steal.
132sque
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:19:42 PM
At 9/26/2015 11:14:10 PM, harrytruman wrote:

PORN, all caps, it got blurred out because mobile devices censor, anyway, unless you can say pornograph is ok then you have to admit I'm right, next, you forgot to rebut my statement about stealing, if you want to go by that logic then a greedy person doesn't chose to be born greedy so it's ok to steal.

So in the space of three posts you have changed the subject from being gay to cheating and now PORN. What on earth are you banging on about!
A greedy person is a greedy person. Acting upon that and stealing is wrong yes? That is wrong and selfish and has a negative outcome on the person you are stealing from. Being gay and acting upon that has no negative outcome. Just like acting upon straight sexual desires, as long as consent is set in place and all the usual. I never said just because you are born that way it is ok. Some are pedophiles that does not make their sexual desires "OK" to act upon. If it does not harm anyone at all then where is the problem?! There is NONE. give me an example...
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:28:18 PM
At 9/26/2015 11:19:42 PM, 132sque wrote:
At 9/26/2015 11:14:10 PM, harrytruman wrote:

So in the space of three posts you have changed the subject from being gay to cheating and now PORN. What on earth are you banging on about!
A greedy person is a greedy person. Acting upon that and stealing is wrong yes? That is wrong and selfish and has a negative outcome on the person you are stealing from. Being gay and acting upon that has no negative outcome. Just like acting upon straight sexual desires, as long as consent is set in place and all the usual. I never said just because you are born that way it is ok. Some are pedophiles that does not make their sexual desires "OK" to act upon. If it does not harm anyone at all then where is the problem?! There is NONE. give me an example...

Reply to my comment, how is pornograph ok? Or say how it is differen, or say I'm right, three options, pick one.