Jump to topic:

Feminism

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:32:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do most feminists look down on a women that is submissive to their husbands?

I've only had to encounters with feminists and I was wondering if their reaction was normal or common. Thanks.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:37:00 PM
Women need to GTFO of the workforce and return to the kitchen! lol jk.

Nah, I think it would depend. If the woman is submissive because her husband forces her to be then I can she were that would be a conflict with feminism. As for women who are submissive by choice, that would be a more complex situation.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:37:30 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:37:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Nah, I think it would depend. If the woman is submissive because her husband forces her to be then I can she were that would be a conflict with feminism. As for women who are submissive by choice, that would be a more complex situation.

*can see
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:40:25 PM

I wasn't sure. When I went out to Cali to visit family my sister invited us to a cook out at one of here friends house. My wife fixed my plate and brought it to me, they started telling her she didn't need to do that. They were "joking" at first but they didn't let up the rest of the evening. I know she felt abused and I wanted to.......
Anyway my sister could tell and she said to have my wife tell like it is. It was very fun to watch anyway.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:43:53 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:40:25 PM, jharry wrote:

I wasn't sure. When I went out to Cali to visit family my sister invited us to a cook out at one of here friends house. My wife fixed my plate and brought it to me, they started telling her she didn't need to do that. They were "joking" at first but they didn't let up the rest of the evening. I know she felt abused and I wanted to.......
Anyway my sister could tell and she said to have my wife tell like it is. It was very fun to watch anyway.

Is your family feminist?
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:49:27 PM
If a woman is submissive by choice, then she is submissive by choice.
She submits by own will.
If someone forces her, legal action should be taken.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:53:54 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:49:27 PM, Atheism wrote:
She submits by own will.

Exactly. I tend to be pretty submissive. Unless I'm clearly being taken advantage of, or looked down upon. Then I'll f-cking kill someone.

Everyone pretty much knows I'm feminist so I guess I should say
1) I do not look down upon naturally submissive people <male/female, submissive to anyone who is non-abusive>
2) I tend to be naturally submissive
3) Feminist people that are so feminist that they are sexist need to die.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:54:38 PM
She submits by own will.

This.

I'm not for people being stupid but I'm for people's freedom to do so in cases aside from recklessness.

I'm a feminist.

There's a growing movement now to call ourselves equalists instead to differentiate from radical feminists who "don't need men".
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:57:10 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:53:54 PM, lovelife wrote:

This.

Yea, reverse sexism is a problem among some feminist movements.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:57:43 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:43:53 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/15/2010 9:40:25 PM, jharry wrote:

Is your family feminist?

My sister is border line, to many years living in a foreign country I guess. She works full time and her husband takes care of the children. The rest of my family. NO.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:59:19 PM
At 9/15/2010 9:54:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
She submits by own will.

This.

I'm not for people being stupid but I'm for people's freedom to do so in cases aside from recklessness.

Its not stupid, if its not abusive. Its abusive then I'll f-cking kill someone.

I'm a feminist.

There's a growing movement now to call ourselves equalists instead to differentiate from radical feminists who "don't need men".

Yeah I'd better call myself an equalist, because I'm sick of the double standards men have to face too <example, you can have a group of hundreds of girls obseesed over sparkly gay Edward, but if a guy says pretty much any of the same stuff any of them say about him, about Bella or something, then he is persicuted. I could prolly think of a better example, but people get my point>
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:00:25 PM
She submits by own will.

Exactly. I tend to be pretty submissive. Unless I'm clearly being taken advantage of, or looked down upon. Then I'll f-cking kill someone.

1) I do not look down upon naturally submissive people <male/female, submissive to anyone who is non-abusive>

I need her a lot more then she needs me. And I believe she is better then me at most things. She cooks, cleans, washes clothes, raises our kids. Much better at those things then me. This house would probably burn to the ground if I was in charge of it. Outside is mine. Animals, yard, land.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:13:37 PM

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

http://www.facebook.com...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:18:43 PM
At 9/15/2010 10:13:37 PM, m93samman wrote:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:59:37 PM
At 9/15/2010 10:00:25 PM, jharry wrote:
She submits by own will.

I need her a lot more then she needs me. And I believe she is better then me at most things. She cooks, cleans, washes clothes, raises our kids. Much better at those things then me. This house would probably burn to the ground if I was in charge of it. Outside is mine. Animals, yard, land.

Seems about like the situation I'm in. If I had to raise kids or cook, or expected to clean right, everyone would die. I'm generally pretty smart, and can work hard tho, if I am interested enough. Sadly Idk what I want to be when I grow up.

I really do think some people are just better at some things than others, and finding the ones that balance you and get all needs met is the key. Honestly if it weren't for my stepdad, I would die. Mom just can't cook, and we can't afford to eat out. Then again we might be able to if she didn't have 4 other kids that he helped make...

I don't think people are any better than others because of what they are good at <doing extra good, or extra bad varies a person's worth tho, being good at something does not> I just think people are good at different things. I don't think people need to go on a preconceived notion that women are typically good/bad at certain things and men are typically good/bad at other things. Sure typically maybe, but honestly its just the individual. I'm about 2 years ahead in all my classes 2 1/2 in math. Yet I am constantly made to feel inferior, especially in math, because it tends to be filled with OLDER males that have actually taken all the grades of math, and are capable of being a LITLE better than me [hehe I always feel dumb at math cause the same things that make me want to rip off my head my bf does for fun. 100% accurately. He's also in 12th grade, and also advanced tho]
*sigh* now I'm just ranting about people's typical sexist beliefs, people know where I stand by now, point is, everyone is different you can't say that "oh they are black, they must be bad" or "its a girl, she can't do math" or "he has a mexican accent, he must be illegal" Things like that is called ignorance. Ignorance breeds hate. Hate breeds violence. *sigh*

So basically in some areas I believe me and my bf are equal, and in other parts I'm willing to say he is much better <lol but I can at least spell "semester" and I don't think that makes me smart. Not so much with him>
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:00:53 PM
Damn, I tried not to rant that time. I prolly should have held back for when INH, Mirza or others started attacking my equality position. Well thats bound to happen anyway lol.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:03:52 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:00:53 PM, lovelife wrote:
Damn, I tried not to rant that time. I prolly should have held back for when INH, Mirza or others started attacking my equality position. Well thats bound to happen anyway lol.

I have nothing wrong with men and women having equal status legally. However, as I explained before, it's scientifically proven that they're biologically different so are suited for different careers.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:12:00 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:03:52 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/15/2010 11:00:53 PM, lovelife wrote:

I have nothing wrong with men and women having equal status legally. However, as I explained before, it's scientifically proven that they're biologically different so are suited for different careers.

*sigh* not all women are good at cooking <I'm a perfect example. I screwed up microwaving ravellie [wow thats horrible spelling. At least I can spell SEMESTER!] to the point it was boiling, burning, and nearly exploded. Hell I made 3 microwaves explode in the past 2 years. And once I was making popcorn>
Not all men are good at physical work <dads a good example. He had to leave the army because he got hurt doing PUSH UPS [which I CAN do, just choose not to] about 10 years ago, and is STILL getting treated for it. He also keeps bitching when a 15 year old girl hit him. Once.>

You have to go individual, not on stereotypes, otherwise you are ignorant, which causes hatred, which causes violence.
Yes it is true that most are biologically inclined to....
If you said it about black people it would be racist "black people are different because they are more inclined to commit certain crimes, so should be treated this way, but with equal opportunity" "Asians can't speak clear english so shouldn't have certain jobs" etc.

Judge the individual, not the group.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:14:53 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:12:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

I never said all. Most are though. There's exceptions in every group of people. If there's some women who want to work on construction sites then let them. However, men should get first priority in that field of work as they're physically built to be naturally better at it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:15:53 PM
People are suited for different careers because of
1) their interest
2) Their skill
3) their ability

Saying most women aren't good at math so shouldn't be clerks, and if they want to be, they should have to be even BETTER than their male counterparts is just wrong.
Competition sure, but to the point of it being sexist, no.

I looked a newspaper headline "Gender pay gap lowest ever" Made me sad that there was even a gap. If blacks were paid less, or had less opportunity for a certain job then whites people would yell "RACIST" but, not when its women being treated unfairly? Really?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:18:36 PM
No, the feminists aren't on the kitchen ceiling.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:18:51 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:14:53 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I never said all. Most are though. There's exceptions in every group of people. If there's some women who want to work on construction sites then let them. However, men should get first priority in that field of work as they're physically built to be naturally better at it.

Thats what I'm talking about. Same opportunity, not give it to men first because TYPICALLY they are better at it, give it to the person who earns it most, not that has the penis. If he is actually a better employee then her hire him first. If they are identicle on paper, gender should have NOTHING to do with it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:20:24 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:18:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I thought they were the spider-femas
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:21:57 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:20:24 PM, lovelife wrote:

Feminists don't like spiders, or anything else that reminds them of a women having to go fetch a man to deal with something.

^_^.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:23:35 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:21:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/15/2010 11:20:24 PM, lovelife wrote:

Feminists don't like spiders, or anything else that reminds them of a women having to go fetch a man to deal with something.

^_^.

Spiders eat males. Just take a look at black widows.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:25:20 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:18:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Thats what I'm talking about. Same opportunity, not give it to men first because TYPICALLY they are better at it, give it to the person who earns it most, not that has the penis. If he is actually a better employee then her hire him first. If they are identicle on paper, gender should have NOTHING to do with it.

Well if I was the owner of a construction company and both a man and woman applied with identical resumes I would most likely hire the man as he's probably better suited for that nature of work.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:25:21 PM
They eat spider males. Those don't really count. Which is why the eek when there is a spider is always in a high pitch.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:28:58 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:25:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
They eat spider males. Those don't really count. Which is why the eek when there is a spider is always in a high pitch.

That I don't understand.
Lol funny thing. I love spiders. Email addess is arachnid_lover. My bf, scared to death of spiders. And mice. And ticks. Well not mice as much, he just doesn't like things he doesn't know about around.

*sigh* guess I just have to be around unstereotypical people. I mean just look at Jannah, she hasn't flown into a building yet. <then again she isn't a muslim anymore. She's Canadian, to my knowlage she does not live in an igloo and ride polar bears>
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:30:08 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:25:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/15/2010 11:18:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Well if I was the owner of a construction company and both a man and woman applied with identical resumes I would most likely hire the man as he's probably better suited for that nature of work.

Why not test them in the feild? Why not set it up like House <hire pretty much everyone, and fire the inefficiant ones>