Jump to topic:

A united African Republic

glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 11:08:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Uniting sub-saharan Africa would be the largest change in society since the soviet union fell. It would mark the beginning of a new age and a shift towards global unification. Such a unification is possible in subsaharan africa due to the unifying christian religion. Due to the poverty that a unified government could help bring an end to and due to the need for a strong democratic government in that area of the world. If you would like to help this come to pass please like our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/UnitedAfricanRepublic. If you disagree with me please tell me.
You have enemies? Good that means you have stood up for something in your life.
-Winston Churchill
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 12:11:12 AM
At 10/1/2015 11:37:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am against it because famine helps the environment and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.

If this is truly what you believe then fast under a tree for seventy days... and then die. You will reduce the carbon footprint.
-Winston Churchill
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 2:02:28 AM
At 10/2/2015 12:11:12 AM, glory_lyfe wrote:
At 10/1/2015 11:37:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am against it because famine helps the environment and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.

If this is truly what you believe then fast under a tree for seventy days... and then die. You will reduce the carbon footprint.

Thanks!
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 7:26:41 PM
At 10/2/2015 8:49:41 AM, SM2 wrote:
Great idea. Not gonna happen any time soon.

why not?
-Winston Churchill
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 8:18:15 PM
Such a unification is possible in subsaharan africa due to the unifying christian religion

I don't know if a united african repiblic would be a good idea or not, but basing it on a shared Christian religion seems a bit odd.

The countries of sub saharan africa all have sizable non-christian minorties (well over 30%) and sometimes a non-christian majority. It is also worth pointing out that the Rwandan genocide involved Christian Hutus slaughtering Christian Tutsi in their thousands. Everyone having a common religion has not helped Somalia exactly prosper either.

I lived more than a quarter of my nearly 60 years in sub-saharan africa, and I know it is not at all homogenous. I love Africa, and I'd be over the moon if the problems of its wonderful people could be lessened, but I don't think pan-africanism would make much practical difference to ordinary Africans - although it would possibly make the already obscenely rich, powerful and corrupt elite even richer.
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 12:15:46 AM
At 10/2/2015 7:26:41 PM, glory_lyfe wrote:

why not?

Because it takes more than a Facebook page to resolve Africa's political problems.
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 1:02:22 AM
At 10/2/2015 8:18:15 PM, kp98 wrote:
Such a unification is possible in subsaharan africa due to the unifying christian religion

I don't know if a united african repiblic would be a good idea or not, but basing it on a shared Christian religion seems a bit odd.

The countries of sub saharan africa all have sizable non-christian minorties (well over 30%) and sometimes a non-christian majority. It is also worth pointing out that the Rwandan genocide involved Christian Hutus slaughtering Christian Tutsi in their thousands. Everyone having a common religion has not helped Somalia exactly prosper either.

I lived more than a quarter of my nearly 60 years in sub-saharan africa, and I know it is not at all homogenous. I love Africa, and I'd be over the moon if the problems of its wonderful people could be lessened, but I don't think pan-africanism would make much practical difference to ordinary Africans - although it would possibly make the already obscenely rich, powerful and corrupt elite even richer.
I am not trying to say African religious beliefs are homogenous. You misunderstand. When I say such a thing is possible because etc. I am talking about that thing not being a major barrier to unification. As for your ideas in the lack of an affect such a state would be one of the first democratic states in the area. Democracy will eventually take power out of the hands of the rich with fairer laws. This also isn't some crazy notion of uniting all of the states, there is a band of countries between Uganda and Ethiopia (roughly) that unification is possible for. Once this federation exists and grows larger and more powerful and important countries may join. The effects of a democratic government in Subsaharan africa works, just look at south africa.
-Winston Churchill
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 1:04:15 AM
At 10/3/2015 12:15:46 AM, SM2 wrote:

why not?

Because it takes more than a Facebook page to resolve Africa's political problems.

You don't know the whole picture, currently I am working an actual treaty to unite a band of states in subsaharan africa. A following or group is needed to even try to send such a treaty to the countries.
-Winston Churchill
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 2:15:59 AM
At 10/3/2015 1:04:15 AM, glory_lyfe wrote:

why not?

You don't know the whole picture, currently I am working an actual treaty to unite a band of states in subsaharan africa. A following or group is needed to even try to send such a treaty to the countries.

Been there, done that. If you're recruiting on Facebook, then you're just another crackpot with no political sway. Nobody will listen to you.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:08:43 AM
At 10/3/2015 2:15:59 AM, SM2 wrote:

why not?

Been there, done that. If you're recruiting on Facebook, then you're just another crackpot with no political sway. Nobody will listen to you.

That was a brutal serving of truth, but it was necessary based on the path he was taking.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 12:57:57 AM
At 10/6/2015 8:08:43 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

why not?

That was a brutal serving of truth, but it was necessary based on the path he was taking.

It's a path I tried to take when I was his age. I hate seeing people make the same mistakes I did.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:31:34 AM
At 10/7/2015 12:57:57 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 10/6/2015 8:08:43 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

why not?

It's a path I tried to take when I was his age. I hate seeing people make the same mistakes I did.

Similar boat myself, I attended a few protests back in the day and quickly learned that they don't change anything. I also hate seeing people make the same mistakes as me, but you beat me to the punch here. Cheers, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...