Jump to topic:

Gender Rights

Bluepaintcan123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:27:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I need an answer to the questions below, along with trustworthy links. It's just for some personal research stuff.

1. Are there any legal disadvantages for men?
2. Are there any statistics that prove men are taken less seriously when it comes to rape cases (or anything of that nature)?
3. Any arguments for feminism? (Not the elusive pay gap, or cat-calling, or video game representation. Something legit.)
-Blue
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:41:22 AM
At 10/8/2015 1:27:58 AM, Bluepaintcan123 wrote:
I need an answer to the questions below, along with trustworthy links. It's just for some personal research stuff.

Men are required to register for Selective Service, women aren't.
2. Are there any statistics that prove men are taken less seriously when it comes to rape cases (or anything of that nature)?
Not to my knowledge.
3. Any arguments for feminism? (Not the elusive pay gap, or cat-calling, or video game representation. Something legit.)
I'll let them make their own arguments, but a lot depends on how you define "feminism"
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 5:30:53 AM

As ford said, women don't have to sign up for the draft.
Not that I know of.
The Catholic Church still refuses to ordain women. (http://www.catholic.com...) Their reasons do not have any support as no higher power can come down and stop a women from being ordained. In reality the Catholic Church has huge amounts of leeway with their policy.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 11:25:46 AM

The draft, in many countries, the default custody winner is the female during divorce, divorce in general, the severity of which the same crimes are punished, availability for assistance regarding housing/domestic abuse... I am not sure how you would like instance like these, however are plainly available should you want to explore them fully.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 4:14:14 PM
At 10/13/2015 11:25:46 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

The draft, in many countries, the default custody winner is the female during divorce, divorce in general, the severity of which the same crimes are punished, availability for assistance regarding housing/domestic abuse... I am not sure how you would like instance like these, however are plainly available should you want to explore them fully.

Predominant aggressor nonsense qualifies, imo.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -