Jump to topic:

Hypothetical Question

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 2:59:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you worked in law enforcement and the govt ordered you to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens would you do it blindly and without question. Shoot and kill all who refused, to keep your paycheck. Or would you resign and join the fight to shoot and kill all govt law enforcement who would.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 3:33:21 AM
At 10/10/2015 2:59:11 AM, sadolite wrote:
If you worked in law enforcement and the govt ordered you to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens would you do it blindly and without question. Shoot and kill all who refused, to keep your paycheck. Or would you resign and join the fight to shoot and kill all govt law enforcement who would.

So it's money versus the opportunity to participate in a revolution. I'll take money. Money over everything. it's the source of all happiness.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 4:19:42 AM
First of all I wouldn't work in law enforcement, because I'm neither an idiot nor a corrupt a$$hole.

Secondly, if I was stupid or evil enough to work in law enforcement, I'd enforce the law without thinking, because that's what they do. So yes, if ordered to do so, I'd take guns away from gun nuts, arrest those who refuse, and shoot those who resist arrest.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:19:59 AM
This definitely isn't favorably worded towards a certain point of view.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 6:44:01 AM

This is a false dichotomy.

I'd take a third option: I'd emigrate as soon as that government was elected.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 1:15:33 PM
So far only one person has answered the question directly
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 1:17:26 PM
It isn't a point of view its a direct hypothetical question. Do you need it sugar coated?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 1:24:05 PM
At 10/10/2015 1:17:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
It isn't a point of view its a direct hypothetical question. Do you need it sugar coated?

This is one of those questions, most people answer yes to, but actually end up enforcing it, when it comes to pass, and that organization "oath keepers" are going to just non violently protest, be fired and nothing will happen. Look at all the law enforcement who participated in gun confiscations in New Orleans.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:15:42 PM

This lives in the fantasy of right-wing minds, but purely on the hypothetical - I would volunteer.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 6:43:56 PM
At 10/10/2015 5:15:42 PM, TBR wrote:

This lives in the fantasy of right-wing minds, but purely on the hypothetical - I would volunteer.

Are you saying guns will never ever be confiscated, like what liberals already did in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 6:47:55 PM

Are you saying guns will never ever be confiscated, like what liberals already did in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina?

I am saying that exactly. The majority of proposed changes to gun laws brought by "liberals" are the proposals I see most often as desired from gun-supporters. Where have you ever seen an actual proposal to "take your guns" at the federal level? It is conspiracy talk only.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:23:22 PM
At 10/10/2015 6:47:55 PM, TBR wrote:

I am saying that exactly. The majority of proposed changes to gun laws brought by "liberals" are the proposals I see most often as desired from gun-supporters. Where have you ever seen an actual proposal to "take your guns" at the federal level? It is conspiracy talk only.

It's not really conspiracy talk. For one you have the aftermath of Katrina where liberals were confiscating guns, and for another it's a slippery slope. Not a slippery slope fallacy, but an actual slippery slope. Every single time legislation is proposed, democrats promise that they just want sensible legislation passed, and then they will stop there, but they always win and get this "sensible" legislation passed and then look towards the next "sensible" legislation, which seeks to make it harder to get ahold of guns. Remember when it was supposed to end after the Brady bill, but then afterwords they immediately starting trying to make more restrictions?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:38:03 PM
It's not really conspiracy talk. For one you have the aftermath of Katrina where liberals were confiscating guns, and for another it's a slippery slope. Not a slippery slope fallacy, but an actual slippery slope. Every single time legislation is proposed, democrats promise that they just want sensible legislation passed, and then they will stop there, but they always win and get this "sensible" legislation passed and then look towards the next "sensible" legislation, which seeks to make it harder to get ahold of guns. Remember when it was supposed to end after the Brady bill, but then afterwords they immediately starting trying to make more restrictions?

It may be a slippery slope, but the current "restrictions" are, as I have said, in-line with what I see from most gun-supporters.

At to the Katria stuff. Exactly who was running the federal government at that time?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:41:34 PM
At 10/10/2015 7:38:03 PM, TBR wrote:

It may be a slippery slope, but the current "restrictions" are, as I have said, in-line with what I see from most gun-supporters.

At to the Katria stuff. Exactly who was running the federal government at that time?

Well, George Bush is a Democrat if that's what you're implying, but you can't even blame that on him, this was the fault of the local police and government, the government and chief being extremely liberal, and the national guard also confiscated guns, but no direct orders were given for that, so it was just liberals taking it upon themselves. Conservatives actually are against gun confiscation, while some democrats argue for complete elimination of the rights of citizens to own guns. Knowing that paradigm, who do you think would be behind a gun confiscation?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:56:54 PM
Well, George Bush is a Democrat if that's what you're implying, but you can't even blame that on him, this was the fault of the local police and government, the government and chief being extremely liberal, and the national guard also confiscated guns, but no direct orders were given for that, so it was just liberals taking it upon themselves. Conservatives actually are against gun confiscation, while some democrats argue for complete elimination of the rights of citizens to own guns. Knowing that paradigm, who do you think would be behind a gun confiscation?

Right. You can run from Bush all you guys like, but he is all GOP.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:00:43 PM
At 10/10/2015 7:56:54 PM, TBR wrote:

You can say that, but if somebody has the same exact policies as Democrats and runs on the Republican ticket, is it fair to call him republican when you guys agree with his policies?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:01:40 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:00:43 PM, Wylted wrote:

You can say that, but if somebody has the same exact policies as Democrats and runs on the Republican ticket, is it fair to call him republican when you guys agree with his policies?

Really Wylted. This is making me giggle. You guys bought this trash, got to live with the stench.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:03:44 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:01:40 PM, TBR wrote:

Really Wylted. This is making me giggle. You guys bought this trash, got to live with the stench.

I didn't. I voted for Gary Johnson. I don't vote for Democrats, regardless of whether they win the Republican nomination or not.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:07:46 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:03:44 PM, Wylted wrote:

I didn't. I voted for Gary Johnson. I don't vote for Democrats, regardless of whether they win the Republican nomination or not.

Did you write him in? Twice?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:08:55 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:07:46 PM, TBR wrote:

Yes, I think a Democrat is going to win the Republican nomination again, and I'm not sure who I'll write in this time
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:11:09 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:07:46 PM, TBR wrote:

Okay, I confess. I was a Democrat when Bush was elected. I voted for Al Gore.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:24:32 PM
If capitalists payed you to kill innocent communist men and women would you do it for the money or would you become a comrade and join la revolution
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:35:26 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:24:32 PM, n7 wrote:
If capitalists payed you to kill innocent communist men and women would you do it for the money or would you become a comrade and join la revolution

I'd do it for free
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:41:09 PM
At 10/10/2015 7:23:22 PM, Wylted wrote:

Eddie Compass ordered guns to be taken away. One man isn't the entire US government. One police chief acting in a certain way doesn't entail that the government will act in the same way. In fact the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection act (prohibits the confession of firearms during events like Katrina ) was instigated because of his actions. The government who wants to take away muh guns made made it law too.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Compass was a sh1tty police chief in the first place, which is why he was forced to resigned.

Katrina isn't really a good example in this case.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:42:34 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:35:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/10/2015 8:24:32 PM, n7 wrote:

I'd do it for free

http://www.quickmeme.com...

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:46:41 PM
At 10/10/2015 8:41:09 PM, n7 wrote:
At 10/10/2015 7:23:22 PM, Wylted wrote:

Eddie Compass ordered guns to be taken away. One man isn't the entire US government. One police chief acting in a certain way doesn't entail that the government will act in the same way. In fact the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection act (prohibits the confession of firearms during events like Katrina ) was instigated because of his actions. The government who wants to take away muh guns made made it law too.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Compass was a sh1tty police chief in the first place, which is why he was forced to resigned.

Katrina isn't really a good example in this case.

Compass was the government and gave the order, but there is also evidence that some weekend warriors (also the government) also participated in gun confiscations. The government has already confiscated guns, apparently the law didn't stop the government then, what makes you think it will stop them now?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 10:11:25 PM
I would move to China or France or somewhere like that.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 7:53:15 PM
At 10/10/2015 9:43:38 PM, Yonko wrote:
Society would benefit more from the former option than the latter.

History says otherwise