Like slaves

SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 10:55:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 7:51:23 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
Even though slavery is bad do you want slaves?

If slavery was legal, I'd buy myself a slave - preferably an attractive young woman. I wouldn't use her for sex, because that's just wrong, but I'd hope that she'd fall for me anyway.

And... I think I have the plot for my next book. Cheers.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 1:23:07 AM

They're more trouble than they are worth. Even having just a single part time sex slave requires quite a bit of energy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 1:25:06 AM
At 10/23/2015 10:55:10 PM, SM2 wrote:

If slavery was legal, I'd buy myself a slave - preferably an attractive young woman. I wouldn't use her for sex, because that's just wrong, but I'd hope that she'd fall for me anyway.

Girls usually like guys more when they don't keep them as forced labor and take them away from their families.
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 1:31:57 AM
At 10/24/2015 1:25:06 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/23/2015 10:55:10 PM, SM2 wrote:

Girls usually like guys more when they don't keep them as forced labor and take them away from their families.

Stockholm Syndrome would fix that soon enough. I never said I was a good person, just that I don't like raping people.
Sarai.K82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 5:48:30 AM

Didn't they use to call that marriage?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 6:01:58 AM
At 10/24/2015 1:23:07 AM, Wylted wrote:

They're more trouble than they are worth. Even having just a single part time sex slave requires quite a bit of energy.

That's so true. I've been checking out fetlife, and the submissive women are really, really demanding. There's even a special forum for submissive women to complain about their "masters" and there was this one thread where a married woman was complaining about how her husband was dominating in the wrong way and she kept having to tell him how to do it properly which sucked because that's not how submission is supposed to be. And all the other people were saying, well, why not just do what he says since he's the dominant one? And she was like, no, I can't because he's crap at it, and she was trying to force him to do dominance training.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 9:13:14 AM
At 10/24/2015 6:01:58 AM, Garbanza wrote:

That's so true. I've been checking out fetlife, and the submissive women are really, really demanding. There's even a special forum for submissive women to complain about their "masters" and there was this one thread where a married woman was complaining about how her husband was dominating in the wrong way and she kept having to tell him how to do it properly which sucked because that's not how submission is supposed to be. And all the other people were saying, well, why not just do what he says since he's the dominant one? And she was like, no, I can't because he's crap at it, and she was trying to force him to do dominance training.

Yes, whose in charge becomes a blurry line in those relationships. My fianc" wants that type of relationship, but it's too demanding. I told her the best she is going to get out of me is domestic discipline, so she had to settle for that. It's easier. I just punish her if she violates something from the preordained rule list that we agreed upon.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 12:51:38 PM

- Are you volunteering?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 12:53:57 PM

- Who are those supposed to be?
Current Debates:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 10:12:33 PM
At 10/24/2015 12:53:57 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Who are those supposed to be?

Who is what supposed to be? It's a statement that women in general don't like being enslaved. Of course there are a few exceptions, so I won't put everyone in that vote.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 11:51:27 PM
At 10/24/2015 10:12:33 PM, Wylted wrote:

Who is what supposed to be? It's a statement that women in general don't like being enslaved.

- OK, gotcha. But, how do you know? I realise I understand 'slavery' differently than you do, which may create some confusions!
Current Debates:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 12:06:48 AM
At 10/24/2015 11:51:27 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 10/24/2015 10:12:33 PM, Wylted wrote:

Who is what supposed to be? It's a statement that women in general don't like being enslaved.

- OK, gotcha. But, how do you know? I realise I understand 'slavery' differently than you do, which may create some confusions!

There are different forms of slavery. Certainly not all slavery is equal. I was speaking to a western audience who envisions brutal 20 hours work days followed by vicious beatings and horrid living conditions. Educating these people on the different forms of slavery would not only be pointless, but they wouldn't believe that extremely soft forms can exist and be beneficial, anyway.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 12:19:27 AM
I think black people are smart, hard working people. Infact, I think everyone should own one!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 12:21:17 AM
At 10/25/2015 12:06:48 AM, Wylted wrote:

There are different forms of slavery. Certainly not all slavery is equal. I was speaking to a western audience who envisions brutal 20 hours work days followed by vicious beatings and horrid living conditions.

- Through the modest reading that I did on the subject, I got the impression that these accounts are hardly prevalent. It seems to me, & I am no expert, that slavery in the US, for instance, existed chiefly as forms of racism rather than forms of brutality & torture. I could be wrong though.

Educating these people on the different forms of slavery would not only be pointless, but they wouldn't believe that extremely soft forms can exist and be beneficial, anyway.

- LOL! I had some clashes with other members in the past for this very reason. It is why I felt the need to mention that my understanding of the practice maybe not be the same as yours. Glad to realise otherwise, maybe.

- What do you think about Cultural Relativism?
Current Debates:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 9:57:19 AM
At 10/25/2015 12:21:17 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 10/25/2015 12:06:48 AM, Wylted wrote:

There are different forms of slavery. Certainly not all slavery is equal. I was speaking to a western audience who envisions brutal 20 hours work days followed by vicious beatings and horrid living conditions.

- Through the modest reading that I did on the subject, I got the impression that these accounts are hardly prevalent. It seems to me, & I am no expert, that slavery in the US, for instance, existed chiefly as forms of racism rather than forms of brutality & torture. I could be wrong though.

You'd be wrong. Africans were shipped to the United States to be worked extremely hard on farms, and were routinely abused and put in horrible living conditions. That's if they survived the trip on the ship. There were some slaves, referred to as "house niggers" that got treated pretty well.

Educating these people on the different forms of slavery would not only be pointless, but they wouldn't believe that extremely soft forms can exist and be beneficial, anyway.

- LOL! I had some clashes with other members in the past for this very reason. It is why I felt the need to mention that my understanding of the practice maybe not be the same as yours. Glad to realise otherwise, maybe.

- What do you think about Cultural Relativism?

I think it's important to consider. A slave in Ancient Rome to a rich man was better off than the lower classes for example, and there are some societies that absolutely need slavery, to do well. I don't think cultural relatism a completely justified explanation for everything or anything. I strongly believe in the homestead principle for example, and think that anything that violates the homestead principle is unethical, but no society on Earth is really good at following it.

That being said, the cultural norms are important to be aware of, so we can differentiate between bad people (those who violate the homestead principle which go against social norms), and bad cultural practices (those that violate the homestead principle). So I do give people a free pass based on their culture, to a certain degree.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 10:38:38 AM
At 10/25/2015 9:57:19 AM, Wylted wrote:

You'd be wrong. Africans were shipped to the United States to be worked extremely hard on farms, and were routinely abused and put in horrible living conditions. That's if they survived the trip on the ship. There were some slaves, referred to as "house niggers" that got treated pretty well.

- I was probably thinking about the latter ones. Would you happen to know of a reference, a book or documentary, depicting the living conditions of farmer slaves?

I think it's important to consider. A slave in Ancient Rome to a rich man was better off than the lower classes for example

- I suppose, yes. In other societies 'slaves' even formed ruling classes or noble classes.

and there are some societies that absolutely need slavery, to do well.

- Could you elaborate?

I don't think cultural relatism a completely justified explanation for everything or anything.

- I don't think that's the intent of the idea at all. Cultural Relativism basically states that:
1. No value is evident. Values are only so in the worldview (or culture) they emerge from. (which I partially agree with)
2. Understanding values from different worldviews (or cultures) is only meaningful within these worldviews (or cultures), respectively. (which I completely agree with).

- Cultural Relativism, as far as I can tell, does not attempt to make moral statements (unlike Moral Relativism). It just points out the fact that ideas are embedded in cultures, thus only make sense within cultures. Take for example Propriety. This is an obvious example, an act may be considered 'proper' in one society & 'improper' in another, there is no point in arguing whose idea of 'proper' is better without first considering the cultural background. Well, CR extends this to all social ideas & constructs. For instance, 'Freedom'. The idea of what 'freedom' represents in one society does not necessarily extend to others. An act may be viewed as representative of 'freedom' in one society & of 'submission' in another.

I strongly believe in the homestead principle for example, and think that anything that violates the homestead principle is unethical, but no society on Earth is really good at following it.

- I am not quite sure what is it you mean by the "homestead principal"?

That being said, the cultural norms are important to be aware of, so we can differentiate between bad people (those who violate the homestead principle which go against social norms), and bad cultural practices (those that violate the homestead principle). So I do give people a free pass based on their culture, to a certain degree.

- Knowing what the "homestead principal" is might help with understanding this.
Current Debates:

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:45:29 AM

It depends a bit on your management skills.

Obviously I would need a room, probably a pit, to host my sex slaves. They would all live together, and will learn to love me in order to advance in their hiearchy down in the slave pit. Bathing is important, and I would need someone to feed them. Maybe a guard or two to keep them in line. Or I could just take the most loyal and sexiest of sex slaves and give em' halberds.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:47:00 AM
Having slaves would be nice, but loyal followers would be just as good. I do not have much against enslaving my personal enemies and forcing them to become peasants on my farm. Maybe even open a mine in a depositless cave and force them all to prospect.
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 10:55:28 PM
At 10/25/2015 12:19:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
I think black people are smart, hard working people. Infact, I think everyone should own one!

I do own one.