Total Posts:123|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Girls in miniskirts are NOT asking for rape.

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:45:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

What if they're wearing ugs?
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 10:39:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/19/2015 1:45:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

What if they're wearing ugs?

Then you should get yourself tested the next day.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:20:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

- Why?! Consent is broad concept. Not everything I consent to, I do it verbally or in writing. A man having intercourse with his wife doesn't ask for her verbal consent beforehand. A woman leading a man into thinking he is to have intercourse with her without saying it, is ultimately consent. Where to draw the line is another issue, which generally depends on customs & norms.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 12:15:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

That's right. Knee length skirts are equivalent to a locked door. No one will ever get raped if they just remember the below the knee rule.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 4:14:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/23/2015 12:15:58 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

That's right. Knee length skirts are equivalent to a locked door. No one will ever get raped if they just remember the below the knee rule.

i doubt that is true, but women are almost powerless to prevent rape to begin with.
the best thing men can do is to avoid and ignore women that are wearing provocative clothes and/ or desperate for attention, that way you can protect yourself from false rape accusations.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 6:43:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/23/2015 4:14:20 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/23/2015 12:15:58 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

That's right. Knee length skirts are equivalent to a locked door. No one will ever get raped if they just remember the below the knee rule.

i doubt that is true, but women are almost powerless to prevent rape to begin with.

If women are almost powerless to prevent rape, why does skirt length make a difference?

the best thing men can do is to avoid and ignore women that are wearing provocative clothes and/ or desperate for attention, that way you can protect yourself from false rape accusations.

Well said.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 6:52:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/23/2015 6:43:57 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/23/2015 4:14:20 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/23/2015 12:15:58 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

That's right. Knee length skirts are equivalent to a locked door. No one will ever get raped if they just remember the below the knee rule.

i doubt that is true, but women are almost powerless to prevent rape to begin with.

If women are almost powerless to prevent rape, why does skirt length make a difference?

because it is easier to rape a woman in a miniskirt than it is to rape a woman in tight jeans, it's simple math, more clothes = more time
granted if a man is desperate enough to tear through multiple layers of clothes
there isn't much a woman can do about it, but then it's about damage control rather than prevention.


the best thing men can do is to avoid and ignore women that are wearing provocative clothes and/ or desperate for attention, that way you can protect yourself from false rape accusations.

Well said.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 7:41:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Wrong? Why should we let the rapists win, why should women give up their right of dressing how they want, so rapists can laugh about that?

Methods of preventing rape isn't exactly my department. I answered you to point out your analogy as bad, not to talk about technology. I think stopping/decimating rape need to be victim and perpretrator meeting halfway. Teaching women to defend themselves (also men since rape on men occurs to) + educating everyone not to rape.

You on the other hand seem to focus more on women preventing rapes, more than giving rapists the burden of rape which is the real deal?
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 9:33:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 9:38:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:41:37 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Wrong? Why should we let the rapists win, why should women give up their right of dressing how they want, so rapists can laugh about that?

Methods of preventing rape isn't exactly my department. I answered you to point out your analogy as bad, not to talk about technology. I think stopping/decimating rape need to be victim and perpretrator meeting halfway. Teaching women to defend themselves (also men since rape on men occurs to) + educating everyone not to rape.

You on the other hand seem to focus more on women preventing rapes, more than giving rapists the burden of rape which is the real deal?

while your at it educate everyone not to murder, steal or lie
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 9:42:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 9:38:10 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:41:37 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:33:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:16:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 11/22/2015 11:25:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/18/2015 9:05:24 AM, SM2 wrote:
Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Wrong? Why should we let the rapists win, why should women give up their right of dressing how they want, so rapists can laugh about that?

Methods of preventing rape isn't exactly my department. I answered you to point out your analogy as bad, not to talk about technology. I think stopping/decimating rape need to be victim and perpretrator meeting halfway. Teaching women to defend themselves (also men since rape on men occurs to) + educating everyone not to rape.

You on the other hand seem to focus more on women preventing rapes, more than giving rapists the burden of rape which is the real deal?

while your at it educate everyone not to murder, steal or lie

You mean that we aren't already doing that?
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 11:28:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If it's not consentual, it's rape.
I recently went to a presentation on this. Like for some dumb azz reason, men think that if a women shows up to the club dressed very unrevealing that she is automatically asking to be raped. The women isn't asked to be raped and to be taken advantage of.

This topic really annoys me. Allot of men who are patriarchy believe that if a women gets raped, it's because she was asking for it. Allot of men are pigs, and are unable to control their dick.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 12:15:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?

If you don't think it will work, stick a fork in your eye.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:29:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tell me this, If a man walks around with a $30,000 vicuna suit, a Rolex, and a wad of cash, does someone have the right to rob him? No, they absolutely do not.

The real test of a man is whether they can act on desire, and whether said desire is a violation of another individual's given set of liberties.

A woman, no matter how immodest, should never be raped, and then have the rape be justified because of the way she dresses. It is the same as a man who should never be robbed and have the theft be justified because of the wealth he presents.

Personally, I find that women should dress more modestly, but it is their free will and their choice to dress to their best desire.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:52:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 12:15:11 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?

If you don't think it will work, stick a fork in your eye.

then what is stopping you from doing it?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:23:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:52:32 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/25/2015 12:15:11 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Because technically, if she's asking for it, it's consensual!

Logic, _bitches!

however girls in miniskirts aren't taking precautions to prevent rape
criminals look for the easiest victims
it's the same reason that we lock our doors
or you can choose to be a victim and blame everyone else
"don't tell me to lock my door, teach your kids not to rob"

Very bad analogy. A locked door is a precaution against crime, while a girl wearing miniskirt is just using her own right to express herself in the fashion aspect. Just like anyone who wears a Rolling Stones T-shirt or high heels. Also very anti-progressive of you to basically say that we should let rapists win.

you are entitled to you opinion, even if you are wrong
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?

If you don't think it will work, stick a fork in your eye.

then what is stopping you from doing it?

Sticking a fork in my eye? I know it hurts, duh.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:39:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:23:11 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?

If you don't think it will work, stick a fork in your eye.

then what is stopping you from doing it?

Sticking a fork in my eye? I know it hurts, duh.

LOL, is that the best you can do?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:27:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 8:39:41 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:23:11 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
can you come up with a way that women can actually prevent rape?
if you think you can, good luck because you are going to need it

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes. Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed? After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda. The fault is with the criminal. Its always with the criminal. There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

if you think that will actually work, then why don't you teach it at your local high school?

If you don't think it will work, stick a fork in your eye.

then what is stopping you from doing it?

Sticking a fork in my eye? I know it hurts, duh.

LOL, is that the best you can do?

Lol, is the fact that I am not a high school curriculum coordinator the best you can do? C'mon Simple Simon, I offered ways in which women can actually prevent rape: resistance. What have you offered aside from asking why I haven't magically inserted self defense classes into some one's sophomore year?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:44:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:29:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Tell me this, If a man walks around with a $30,000 vicuna suit, a Rolex, and a wad of cash, does someone have the right to rob him? No, they absolutely do not.

You're right; nobody has a right to rob him. But wouldn't it be stupid for this guy to walk around with all this stuff and expect to not be robbed simply because he has a right to his stuff? Criminals violate rights and criminals exist. In large numbers.

The real test of a man is whether they can act on desire, and whether said desire is a violation of another individual's given set of liberties.

A woman, no matter how immodest, should never be raped, and then have the rape be justified because of the way she dresses. It is the same as a man who should never be robbed and have the theft be justified because of the wealth he presents.

A woman has a right to not be raped. But she might still get raped anyway, because the reality is that there are rapists in this world. To pretend that such people don't exist will only exacerbate the problem.

Personally, I find that women should dress more modestly, but it is their free will and their choice to dress to their best desire.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 3:58:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes.

- I wonder why those poor girls didn't think of that?!

Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed?

- Can you think of a way to actually prevent your body from getting sick?! To a degree, yes. You can never be 100% sure though. Installing a top notch security system will at least get you rid of 99.99 of robbers out there.

After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda.

- It's literally a method of prevention. Wether the method is 100% effective or less is another matter.

The fault is with the criminal.

- The fault of aggression, yes.

Its always with the criminal.

- Not all of it. If you put 10 grand in cash in the hall & leave the door open, then you're begging the thief to come rob you. It's your fault.

There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

- There might be some.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 11:58:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/26/2015 3:58:44 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Its always with the criminal.

- Not all of it. If you put 10 grand in cash in the hall & leave the door open, then you're begging the thief to come rob you. It's your fault.

There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

- There might be some.

I could only interpret these obscure answers as that you would see culpability in a rape victim who wore a miniskirt.

And if so, then I guess you would put the blame on yourself if an ecoterrorist assaulted you for wearing a clothing brand which the ecoterrorist believed is destroying the environment in the clothing company's productions. Then we've cleared that out.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 12:01:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/26/2015 3:58:44 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes.

- I wonder why those poor girls didn't think of that?!

The most common reaction for a rape victim is not going into combat mode with the fists up and say "en garde!". The most common reaction is to be completely paralyzed of the shock given to it.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 12:28:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/26/2015 3:58:44 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Stick a fork in the attacker's eye. Then the other eye. Blade to the junk. Or stomach. Or throat. Or eyes.

- I wonder why those poor girls didn't think of that?!

Intimidation/intimidated by the attacker. Counter attack no puts the attacker on the defensive.

Can you think of a way to actually prevent your house from being robbed?

- Can you think of a way to actually prevent your body from getting sick?! To a degree, yes. You can never be 100% sure though. Installing a top notch security system will at least get you rid of 99.99 of robbers out there.

This works if you compare conscious act of an attacker to the natural day to day processes one might go through. One is illegal, the other is simply a fact of life.

After all, locking the door is just a matter of time, yadda yadda.

- It's literally a method of prevention. Wether the method is 100% effective or less is another matter.

But it shouldn't matter. There is a conscious agency, one acting illegal for selfish or nefarious purposes. Its not like keeping oil in your car to prevent break down.

The fault is with the criminal.

- The fault of aggression, yes.

Its always with the criminal.

- Not all of it. If you put 10 grand in cash in the hall & leave the door open, then you're begging the thief to come rob you. It's your fault.

Its my fault I chose to do with my money in my residence what I wanted to do, and its my fault a person chose to act illegally, enter my residence, illegally, and take my property, illegally?

Um, no. Under no circumstance can such ever be justified to be the fault of the victim: they literally did nothing wrong.

There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

- There might be some.

Well, the floor is yours. Please indicate in what way a person's attire justifies (even partially) rape.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 12:38:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/26/2015 12:28:14 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/26/2015 3:58:44 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/24/2015 7:39:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
There is no such thing as culpability in a victim whom wears X Y or Z.

- There might be some.

Well, the floor is yours. Please indicate in what way a person's attire justifies (even partially) rape.

Time has gone now, he has been online and yet he hasn't to explain. Well, let's just conclude this what that he shouldn't ever complain if he becomes assaulted. If that would happen, the problem would probably lie in his taste of clothes anyway.