Jump to topic:

Is 'equality' impossible/ a mess?

DJBay
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 6:20:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been seen so much time after time with articles, videos, drawing about the fight for female equality. But equal or very close to it even possible. Most of the places that are unequal come from inevitable situations
E.G.
Less woman have employment FROM More men go for jobs
Less woman pay in sport FROM More people would pay to watch Men over women play most sports
Less woman become Primer Ministers FROM More men go for the job

Also, we get situations where big companies get asked why they don't have enough woman in the top jobs or even for race this applies, without actually thinking:
How many woman/ non white people/ gay people applied for the job?
How many woman/ non white people/ gay people who applied had better qualification that those who aren't woman/ non white people/ gay?
How many woman/ non white people/ gay people had a better interview than those who aren't woman/ non white people/ gay?

We also have the talk about gender/ races not choosing certain subjects for (UK) A-Level or Degrees when most of the time they just don't want to. A most likely won't change over time or will just become a mess if it does, with woman/ non white people/ gay (CopyPasteRepeat) getting job not because they deserve it but because those fighting for equality themselves are unfairly forcing them to be hired despite worse grades, skill etc.

So, is the fight an impossible fight, destined for mess and more arguments who am I just wrong, woke up on the wrong side of bad and haven't the slightest clue what I' on about?

PS:
Although this was more aimed at gender, its because that's what's hitting the news most world wide rather than color in the US police (don't me started).
Before you ask, I am male, black. Shouldn't make any difference though.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:33:48 AM
I have tried to open the entitlement liberals eyes in regards to this.

At one point, political minorities were denied equal opportunity. Now, they have equal oppurtunity. Yet, you still see that the political majorities are succeeding more, and that "just isn't fair", so they have to demand a bigger slice of pie from the political majority.
DJBay
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 9:48:53 AM
At 11/22/2015 12:33:48 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
I have tried to open the entitlement liberals eyes in regards to this.

At one point, political minorities were denied equal opportunity. Now, they have equal oppurtunity. Yet, you still see that the political majorities are succeeding more, and that "just isn't fair", so they have to demand a bigger slice of pie from the political majority.

Agreed, too many of these "activists" are lost by the definition of the word equal, changing it from equal chance to equal numbers. I get that sometimes there will be the prejudice but just because there are 10 black worker in a 100 man big brand company doesn"t make them racist, they might have been lucky to get the job themselves.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach