Jump to topic:

house burning

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:37:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Aint nothin like a good old unionized firefighters house burning party! Aint my job, I just work here, I can't put that fire out, aint in my contract. Can't be violaten the rules of our union contract, that wouldn't be right. Oh and lets not forget to spread the blame, The jack a## who owns the home only has to pay a meer $75 a year for the service and says he forgot to pay it, Ya right. We all know who is going to pay for this bull crap. You and me Joe tax payer. And the scum sucking lawyers will laugh all the way to the bank.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:53:03 PM
At 10/6/2010 8:37:30 PM, sadolite wrote:
Aint nothin like a good old unionized firefighters house burning party! Aint my job, I just work here, I can't put that fire out, aint in my contract. Can't be violaten the rules of our union contract, that wouldn't be right. Oh and lets not forget to spread the blame, The jack a## who owns the home only has to pay a meer $75 a year for the service and says he forgot to pay it, Ya right. We all know who is going to pay for this bull crap. You and me Joe tax payer. And the scum sucking lawyers will laugh all the way to the bank.

see this thread: http://www.debate.org...

And I can't tell you how incorrectly you view the situation.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:54:42 PM
I have interpreted that there is a fire department burn of a house, and sadolite is concerned about the fact that this activity, which would not have otherwise occured in a free market situation, has been subsidized by the tax-dollars and essentially wasted. Did I get that right?
no comment
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:57:29 PM
At 10/6/2010 8:54:42 PM, Caramel wrote:
I have interpreted that there is a fire department burn of a house, and sadolite is concerned about the fact that this activity, which would not have otherwise occured in a free market situation, has been subsidized by the tax-dollars and essentially wasted. Did I get that right?

The firefighters didn't burn a house. They refused to intervene in burning, precisely because the town did not want to subsidize it with tax dollars. As a result, the people who didn't get their user fee received NATURE'S JUSTICE! :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:57:50 PM
*pay user fee, not get user fee
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 8:59:33 PM
And sadolite, seriously, I don't sympathize with unions, but this has nothing to do with unions. The firefighters, unions or no, were obeying city policy-- and again, no taxpayers were harmed in the production of this justice.