Jump to topic:

Pathological Jealousy.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:28:25 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
There is this girl I have been talking to allot. She always feels the need to judge others in order to make herself superior. She doesn't just do it to me, but as well as my friends, even my guy friends. She really doesn't even have any friends which is sad, but I believe it's due to her lack of interpersonal communications skills. Instead of trying to have a regular conversation with someone, she feels the need to nitpick at them, and everyone ends up just ignoring her because she is in the pain in the a*s, and I have told her this before. But yet, her feeble mind is unable to comprehend what we say to her.

I have diagnosed her with "Pathological Jealousy"
Jealousy is a complicated and common emotion experienced by humans which varies in forms and multitudes across relationships and cultures. It is defined as a "feeling resentment against someone because of that person"s rivalry, success, or advantages. The definition indicates that the perception of a rival is essential for the emotion to exist; without taking into consideration if the rival actually exists. It is an emotion that could rise in families, in the workplace, in friendships, and in romantic relationships. The most common interpretation of this feeling from the lens of evolutionary psychologists comes from "The Specific Innate Module Theory". According to this theory, jealousy is an innate emotion which is guided by a specific set of neurons in response to perceived threats in the context of sexual relationships. On one hand, the theory suggests that jealousy in men is an innate predisposition guided towards their partner"s sexual infidelity; and on the other hand, the theory proposes that the feeling of jealousy in women is innately predisposed towards their partner"s emotional infidelity. The feeling of jealousy is often confused with envy; which is defined as "a painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage" Envy differs from jealousy in the sense that the former emotion is experienced when an individual wants something that another individual has; while the latter is an intense emotion expressed when an individual fears that something or someone might be taken away from that individual himself/herself.

Some symptoms may include :

Accusations of looking or giving attention to other individuals.
Questioning of the partner"s behavior.
Interrogation of phone calls and all other forms of communication.
Going through the partner"s properties.
Persistent questioning about the whereabouts and the company of the partner.
Isolation of the partner.
Retaliating the partner in pursue of personal interests.
Laying conditions in regards to contact with the partner"s social circle.
Claims of holding affairs when withdrawing or escaping abuse.
Accusations of holding affairs when sexual activity regresses as a result of the abuse.
Suffering from the lack of reassurance.
Lack of trust.

Why do some girls feel the need to judge others and bring other people down to make them feel more inferior?

Is it because they're jealous of certain qualities that you have, that they don't?

How to you deal with feeble minded people? People who just antagonize, then get butt hurt because someone confronts them and acts like the victim..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:59:41 PM
At 12/18/2015 10:28:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Why do some girls feel the need to judge others and bring other people down to make them feel more inferior?

Insecurity.

Is it because they're jealous of certain qualities that you have, that they don't?

Less about specific qualities, and more about general status.

How to you deal with feeble minded people? People who just antagonize, then get butt hurt because someone confronts them and acts like the victim..

You mean abusive people? Dump them fast. Life's too short to waste on assholes_
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 7:44:48 AM
Interesting. It sounds as though this person's behavior is deteriorating her personal relationships. However, the characteristics you described in this person don't seem to really align with the symptoms you've posted. I checked the website from which you obtained that information and it seems to mostly focus on romantic relationships.

Why do you think she has pathological jealousy?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 10:19:09 PM
At 12/19/2015 7:44:48 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Interesting. It sounds as though this person's behavior is deteriorating her personal relationships. However, the characteristics you described in this person don't seem to really align with the symptoms you've posted. I checked the website from which you obtained that information and it seems to mostly focus on romantic relationships.

Because, I believe she has trust issues. Not just amity sapient, but romantic relationship sagacious as well. The symptoms provided can withal apply to a comity scenario as well. I just cerebrate she is so insecure that she feels the desideratum to bring others down in order to make herself feel better about herself.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:11:22 AM
At 12/19/2015 10:19:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:44:48 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Because, I believe she has trust issues. Not just amity sapient, but romantic relationship sagacious as well. The symptoms provided can withal apply to a comity scenario as well. I just cerebrate she is so insecure that she feels the desideratum to bring others down in order to make herself feel better about herself.

In that case, it sounds even more unlikely that she is suffering from pathological jealousy. If anything, it sounds more like she is uncomfortable with her social circle or suffering from social insecurity, which is relatively common in her age range (I'm assuming she is around the age on your profile). One suggestion might be to provide her with some words of affirmation, or alternatively, speak plainly with her about the discomfort you feel when you judges you or your actions.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...