Jump to topic:

Being the family dog is a gorgeous aspiration

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:02:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
As the toxins of humanism and speciesism stymie humanity, hordes of people are taught that there is shame in being the family dog or cat. "You don't want to be chained to a household, do you, YYW?" I'm told. "You could be independent and chase birds" they continue.

No. I want neither.

What I want is a beautiful family, wherein my people loves and takes care of me, I love them and support them, and I periodically sh!t on the rug. Sorry, but human responsibility, only to realize that "Oh! Maybe I do want to be the family dog", won't work. Not only is grueling work unpleasant, but I'll never want a life like that, especially at that age. I couldn't be a cat either.

Not that playing with chew toys and the like is all that difficult, but that's far more satisfying, to me than attempting to be a responsible adult, of which I'm not designed or inclined to follow.

Humanist/speciesist families fall apart because cats tend to rule the world and the rest of the family, only to finally realize that such a life of power isn't attractive, and then moves on to the neighbor's because the neighbors give the cat canned tuna. Cats are terrible.

Dogs are strong because they follow the natural order: dogs chase cats, and cats run from them, and there's nothing wrong with this.

So, excuse me whilst I prepare to be a family dog.
Tsar of DDO
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:08:09 PM
At 12/23/2015 2:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
As the toxins of humanism and speciesism stymie humanity, hordes of people are taught that there is shame in being the family dog or cat. "You don't want to be chained to a household, do you, YYW?" I'm told. "You could be independent and chase birds" they continue.

No. I want neither.

What I want is a beautiful family, wherein my people loves and takes care of me, I love them and support them, and I periodically sh!t on the rug. Sorry, but human responsibility, only to realize that "Oh! Maybe I do want to be the family dog", won't work. Not only is grueling work unpleasant, but I'll never want a life like that, especially at that age. I couldn't be a cat either.

Not that playing with chew toys and the like is all that difficult, but that's far more satisfying, to me than attempting to be a responsible adult, of which I'm not designed or inclined to follow.

Humanist/speciesist families fall apart because cats tend to rule the world and the rest of the family, only to finally realize that such a life of power isn't attractive, and then moves on to the neighbor's because the neighbors give the cat canned tuna. Cats are terrible.

Dogs are strong because they follow the natural order: dogs chase cats, and cats run from them, and there's nothing wrong with this.

- I may not agree with the initiative, but I can't deny the ingeniousness of this.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:26:45 PM
Zarroette's thread didn't warrant this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:46:30 PM
you:
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:55:46 PM
Is there such thing as being a pre-op or post-op furry?
the Trans-species have rights too!
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:03:42 PM

No. I want neither.

I fully affirm your choice! Fully embrace your destiny.

http://s2.quickmeme.com...
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:17:28 PM
At 12/23/2015 6:26:45 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

It's just some light humor. I found it amusing.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:37:16 PM

No. I want neither.

The modern YYW can be as flippant and carefree as he wishes.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 12:57:12 AM
At 12/23/2015 6:26:45 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Yes it did.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:17:27 AM
At 12/23/2015 7:37:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

No. I want neither.

The modern YYW can be as flippant and carefree as he wishes.

lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:01:28 AM
At 12/23/2015 6:55:46 PM, ironslippers wrote:
Is there such thing as being a pre-op or post-op furry?

Idk but furries are hilarious. I try not to mock fetishes... but that's one that's just too tempting to avoid...

the Trans-species have rights too!

roflmao
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:04:01 PM

No. I want neither.

I see my cats basking in the sun spots spread throughout my living room floor, as I walk out the door heading to work. Often I think how lovely it'd be if I could switch places with them for a day or two.

Depending on the owner, a pet's life would be way better than the life I live, lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...