Jump to topic:

What have I done

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:07:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I just made some pancakes, and I put a lot of blueberries in them. My sister specifically asked me not to put blueberries in it.

See, here's my reasoning.

I enjoy making pancakes, because I like getting them in that perfect circular shape. My sister always eats a couple of pancakes.

Pancakes leads to gaining weight, gaining weight leads to obesity, obesity leads to a very low chance of getting a partner, not getting a partner leads to either - re-evaluating your choices and losing weight, or hating all men. Hating all men leads to feminism, and feminism leads to me disowning my sister and NOT TALKING TO HER AGAIN IF SHE BECOMES A GOD DAMN FEMINIST.

TL:DR, I made blueberry pancakes to avoid my sister becoming a feminist. I had to put this out there, as others feel the need to make useless forum posts that no one cares about. AHEM AHEM
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:24:39 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:07:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
I just made some pancakes, and I put a lot of blueberries in them. My sister specifically asked me not to put blueberries in it.

Too bad blueberries are really good for your health.

I enjoy making pancakes, because I like getting them in that perfect circular shape. My sister always eats a couple of pancakes.
Ok then...
Pancakes leads to gaining weight, gaining weight leads to obesity, obesity leads to a very low chance of getting a partner,

A couple a week no. Why are you worried about your sister getting a spouse btw?

not getting a partner leads to either - re-evaluating your choices and losing weight, or hating all men. Hating all men leads to feminism, and feminism leads to me disowning my sister and NOT TALKING TO HER AGAIN IF SHE BECOMES A GOD DAMN FEMINIST.

Oh, ok. You made things too complicated. Most of this statement is "can" or "could" meaning a possibility. This statement therfore could even go the length to destroying the world because of some pancakes.

TL:DR, I made blueberry pancakes to avoid my sister becoming a feminist. I had to put this out there, as others feel the need to make useless forum posts that no one cares about. AHEM AHEM

Lol this all makes sense now lol rofll haha
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:26:05 AM

Pancakes leads to gaining weight, gaining weight leads to obesity, obesity leads to a very low chance of getting a partner, not getting a partner leads to either - re-evaluating your choices and losing weight, or hating all men. Hating all men leads to feminism, and feminism leads to me disowning my sister and NOT TALKING TO HER AGAIN IF SHE BECOMES A GOD DAMN FEMINIST.

Ha I guess I should have read the whole thing first before responding each point in turn.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:35:48 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:26:05 AM, Briannj17 wrote:

Ha I guess I should have read the whole thing first before responding each point in turn.

Now you've made me curious ... the following is just my thoughts on a rather irrelevant matter.

I'm beginning to wonder if people either:

1. Read the whole post and then analyze it part by part.

or

2. Respond to it piece by piece until they reach the end.

In my opinion, the first is generally more effective. A holistic approach to a person's argument, followed by breaking it down, seems to be the best way to gain an understanding of their points.

I've noticed in some discussions in the forums that some communication can be lost if the second method is utilized, as opposed to the first. But I'm wondering now which is preferred by people.

Anyway, yeah. I like pancakes. But not with blueberries. Buttermilk pancakes all the way.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:59:03 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:46:45 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I made pancakes once.

I'm not very good at it.

That made me cringe so hard. It was still good though just was expecting actual pancakes to be made.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:54:15 PM
At 1/19/2016 4:35:48 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/19/2016 4:26:05 AM, Briannj17 wrote:

Now you've made me curious ... the following is just my thoughts on a rather irrelevant matter.

I'm beginning to wonder if people either:

1. Read the whole post and then analyze it part by part.

or

2. Respond to it piece by piece until they reach the end.

In my opinion, the first is generally more effective. A holistic approach to a person's argument, followed by breaking it down, seems to be the best way to gain an understanding of their points.

I've noticed in some discussions in the forums that some communication can be lost if the second method is utilized, as opposed to the first. But I'm wondering now which is preferred by people.

Anyway, yeah. I like pancakes. But not with blueberries. Buttermilk pancakes all the way.

In this post I thought I read it all but only skimmed. Then I tried analyzing it part by part until I realized what this was all about. Then I laughed for quite a while. I thought about deleting it but it was funny to me. SO I let everyone see it.
Citizen_of_the_Web
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:18:11 AM

That's one long cause-and-effect chain.....
I am a full fledged citizen of the Web
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:30:56 AM
At 1/28/2016 2:18:11 AM, Citizen_of_the_Web wrote:

That's one long cause-and-effect chain.....

No kidding.

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:22:48 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:46:45 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I made pancakes once.

I'm not very good at it.

This might be my favorite post on DDO.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 5:45:49 AM

I remember it like yesterday, When I learned how to tell there ready to be flipped. Unreal . It was a little over 10 years ago. Now I can make heaps of stuff like, jelly , toast, beans, and even scrambled eggs. I can also cook nuggets and chips in the oven . Ty ty.