Jump to topic:

Is there such thing as race?

smileydodge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2010 6:57:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I got into an argument with some of my friends at school about races. Now, my friends told me that there is only one race, and that is God's race, but I also think that there are races such as Caucasian, African American, Chinese, and etc. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion and try to convince me about what they think is the right answer. Now, this might me a question that only God knows, but please, TRY to explain. Thanks! :)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2010 7:02:14 PM
Define race, then I will tell you if it exists.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2010 7:05:25 PM
At 10/26/2010 6:57:14 PM, smileydodge wrote:
I got into an argument with some of my friends at school about races. Now, my friends told me that there is only one race, and that is God's race, but I also think that there are races such as Caucasian, African American, Chinese, and etc. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion and try to convince me about what they think is the right answer. Now, this might me a question that only God knows, but please, TRY to explain. Thanks! :)

I think "race" s more of a classification then anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Hope that helps. God created everyone so unless you are Darwin there are no real "races". Just different kinds of people. :) But they are still classified into races for identification purposes, kinda like how people classify animals. Some people do the same thing with humans, weird huh.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2010 6:34:11 AM
At 10/26/2010 6:57:14 PM, smileydodge wrote:
I got into an argument with some of my friends at school about races. Now, my friends told me that there is only one race, and that is God's race,

Wow... what sort of special needs hell hole do you go to?

but I also think that there are races such as Caucasian, African American, Chinese, and etc. I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion and try to convince me about what they think is the right answer. Now, this might me a question that only God knows, but please, TRY to explain. Thanks! :)

There is but one race, the human race. There are multiple races, such as caucasian, negroid, mongoloid etc etc. Jeepers batman... how is this paradox possible... quick to the bat-dictionary!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2010 9:36:31 AM
At 10/27/2010 7:49:27 AM, feverish wrote:
A race is when you try and do something quicker than someone else.

do you mean the Sprint: http://nonstriker.files.wordpress.com...

or more a like cross-country: http://static.howstuffworks.com...

?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2010 9:35:07 PM
At 10/27/2010 9:36:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

?

Beat me to the punch >.>
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2010 9:38:56 PM
At 10/27/2010 9:35:07 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/27/2010 9:36:31 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

?

Beat me to the punch >.>

Semantics? Now is that any way to treat a new member?????
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:05:19 AM
Are you referring to variance within a specie?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:57:19 AM
At 10/27/2010 9:38:56 PM, jharry wrote:

he he, I was just being silly. You actually gave a really good answer yourself JHarry, minus the god bit.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 8:37:47 AM

Oh come now, jharry. Semantics only scares off new members when they use it against them in debate. Here, it's just for making a joke :P
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:09:04 PM
At 10/28/2010 8:37:47 AM, Kleptin wrote:

Oh come now, jharry. Semantics only scares off new members when they use it against them in debate. Here, it's just for making a joke :P

Are you trying to start something with me!

Lol, just kidding.