Jump to topic:

Black people really are lazy

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:49:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
When I pointed out to somebody that blacks really are lazy, and they told me my preconceived notions may be prejudicing me to the facts, so several years ago I conducted an informal study at the Wal-Mart I worked at to interpret the truth. I admit that I was extremely lazy the 6 months I did this study, but not lazy enough to draw attention to myself.

I decided to observe 20 random white people and 20 random black people who were all stockers. The twenty of each group I chose were all overnight stockers, so I could easily make a comparison, and I tried to make sure an even amount of each color was in each department.

My observation method is as follows. When the individual was not looking, I would come by and count the number of boxes they laid out and come back in about an hour or 2 and do the math to determine how many cases an hour that they were putting up.

I developed a very generous lazyness scale to determine thw amount of lazyness in each person. Anyone throwing up less than 30 pieces an hour was considered super lazy. 30-50 was considered moderately lazy. 50- 75 was considered moderatel paced and anyone who achieved above 75 cases an hour was considered a good worker. (I know I know, low standards, but it's Wal-Mart. Here is how the stats look acter completely compiled.

Good workers

Whites-5

Blacks- 5

Moderately paced employees

Whites- 9

Blacks- 5

Lazy workers

Whites- 5

Blacks- 6

Super lazy

Whites- 1

Blacks- 4

See her we can see a disproportionate number of lazy black people. I am currently working on compiling some data on Amazon warehouse employees, because I can actually steal data sheets comparing the work levels of each person, and use tge names to track down the individuals and see what races they are. I can compare potwntially hundreds of people.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:58:11 PM
At 2/2/2016 11:54:54 PM, Hoppi wrote:
Were the boxes all the same size?

I took that into account by trying to keep the same numbee of blacks and whites in each department. I also tried to only use people familiar with those areas, which is why it took 6 months to gather this data
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:59:57 PM
I will say that there is no excuse to be in the super lazy category. I did get 5 samplea from each individual and eliminate the best and worst of each 5 samples, because everyone has great and horrible days
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:00:27 AM
At 2/2/2016 11:58:11 PM, Wylted wrote:

I took that into account by trying to keep the same numbee of blacks and whites in each department. I also tried to only use people familiar with those areas, which is why it took 6 months to gather this data

You really put a lot of work into this.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:02:09 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:00:27 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 2/2/2016 11:58:11 PM, Wylted wrote:

You really put a lot of work into this.

Wait until I swipe those stats from amazon. I'll literally have a sample size of thousands
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:19:42 AM
At 2/2/2016 11:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
When I pointed out to somebody that blacks really are lazy, and they told me my preconceived notions may be prejudicing me to the facts, so several years ago I conducted an informal study at the Wal-Mart I worked at to interpret the truth. I admit that I was extremely lazy the 6 months I did this study, but not lazy enough to draw attention to myself.

You might convince more people on reddit. I'm sure they'll bite.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:22:19 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:19:42 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

You might convince more people on reddit. I'm sure they'll bite.

True, but can I trust their results. I need sometging provable so I can get published in a peer reveiwed journal. Swiping amazon stats is perfect.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:23:14 AM

I decided to observe 20 random white people and 20 random black people who were all stockers. The twenty of each group I chose were all overnight stockers, so I could easily make a comparison, and I tried to make sure an even amount of each color was in each department.

My observation method is as follows. When the individual was not looking, I would come by and count the number of boxes they laid out and come back in about an hour or 2 and do the math to determine how many cases an hour that they were putting up.

I developed a very generous lazyness scale to determine thw amount of lazyness in each person. Anyone throwing up less than 30 pieces an hour was considered super lazy. 30-50 was considered moderately lazy. 50- 75 was considered moderatel paced and anyone who achieved above 75 cases an hour was considered a good worker. (I know I know, low standards, but it's Wal-Mart. Here is how the stats look acter completely compiled.

Good workers

Whites-5

Blacks- 5

Whites- 9

Blacks- 5

Lazy workers

Whites- 5

Blacks- 6

Super lazy

Whites- 1

Blacks- 4

See her we can see a disproportionate number of lazy black people. I am currently working on compiling some data on Amazon warehouse employees, because I can actually steal data sheets comparing the work levels of each person, and use tge names to track down the individuals and see what races they are. I can compare potwntially hundreds of people.

- How about the other 39 999 980 blacks not working in your Walmart store?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:24:45 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:23:14 AM, Yassine wrote:

Good workers

Whites-5

Blacks- 5

Whites- 9

Blacks- 5

Lazy workers

Whites- 5

Blacks- 6

Super lazy

Whites- 1

Blacks- 4

I don't have time to m, but I expect that these studies will all reveal the same thing.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:27:08 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:24:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

Good workers

Whites-5

Blacks- 5

Whites- 9

Blacks- 5

Lazy workers

Whites- 5

Blacks- 6

Super lazy

Whites- 1

Blacks- 4

I don't have time to m, but I expect that these studies will all reveal the same thing.

- Then you should retitle your thread, "Some 4 black people in my Walmart store really are lazy".
Current Debates:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:30:46 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:27:08 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/3/2016 12:24:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

Good workers

Whites-5

Blacks- 5

Whites- 9

Blacks- 5

Lazy workers

Whites- 5

Blacks- 6

Super lazy

Whites- 1

Blacks- 4

- Then you should retitle your thread, "Some 4 black people in my Walmart store really are lazy".

I think the sample size is decent. I don't need to have every peraon on the planet to satisfy it.the study clearly shows some blacks are not lazy but thr point is to look at averages
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:38:56 AM
The question I'd like to see answered is why are a disproportionate number of black people lazy. I did conduct se interviews with the super lazy to determine their attitudes as well as the lazy. A few lazy ones believed they were good workers. (WTF?) anyone I could not determine what made the super lazy the way they were, but I did notice similarities in their personalities. Half were stereotypical hood people (even the one white one) and the other half were people that just seemed to be there to socialize.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:53:00 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:38:56 AM, Wylted wrote:
The question I'd like to see answered is why are a disproportionate number of black people lazy. I did conduct se interviews with the super lazy to determine their attitudes as well as the lazy. A few lazy ones believed they were good workers. (WTF?) anyone I could not determine what made the super lazy the way they were, but I did notice similarities in their personalities. Half were stereotypical hood people (even the one white one) and the other half were people that just seemed to be there to socialize.

Lack of future time orientation?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:54:21 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:53:00 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/3/2016 12:38:56 AM, Wylted wrote:

Lack of future time orientation?

Hmmmm, I suppose that is a good answer
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:11:49 AM
If anyone made the equivalent threads about white people, even if they were trolling, they would be trolled and attacked until they left the site. But this guy was nearly President.

Says something about the people here for sure.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:15:30 AM
At 2/3/2016 2:11:49 AM, lamerde wrote:
If anyone made the equivalent threads about white people, even if they were trolling, they would be trolled and attacked until they left the site. But this guy was nearly President.

Let's test this.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:16:20 AM

Why would they be trolled or attacked? I'm not even saying anything controversial here, just showing the results of a scientific study.

Can you explain why those discrepancies found in the study exist?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:17:53 AM
At 2/3/2016 2:15:30 AM, Hoppi wrote:

Let's test this.

Also if the majority of users are white, wpuld the offended party not be more inclined to respond? This is jusg common sense. I'm about to make a thread, ripping whites to shreds, hold on
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 4:00:44 PM
At 2/3/2016 12:30:46 AM, Wylted wrote:

I think the sample size is decent.

- For your Walmart store, maybe.

I don't need to have every person on the planet to satisfy it.

- Depends on the "it".

The study clearly shows some blacks are not lazy but the point is to look at averages

- Correction: blacks in your Walmart store during your stay in there.
Current Debates:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:17:27 PM
At 2/3/2016 4:00:44 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Depends on the "it".

The study clearly shows some blacks are not lazy but the point is to look at averages

This is just moving the goal posts, if I did a study of all walmart employees, you'd say "well that's just in Walmart". The fact is that blacks are more likely to be lazy. Instead of explaining away uncomfortable facts, we should seek the answers to why they exist.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:19:34 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:17:27 PM, Wylted wrote:

- Depends on the "it".

This is just moving the goal posts, if I did a study of all walmart employees, you'd say "well that's just in Walmart". The fact is that blacks are more likely to be lazy. Instead of explaining away uncomfortable facts, we should seek the answers to why they exist.

Biased sample sets. Or does that not count?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:25:26 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:19:34 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/3/2016 5:17:27 PM, Wylted wrote:

- Depends on the "it".

Biased sample sets. Or does that not count?

No, I accounted for that by picking the first twenty blacks and whites I seen and tweaking adjustments made to have close to an equal amount of blacks and whites from each department, since some departments are easier to stock than others.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:32:26 PM
Actually sampling bias is possible since the study was so small, but judging by previous experience, I'd expect that it would hold up in all low income jobs. I'd expect jobs for professionals would see similar work ethics from whites and blacks. The study however does support the notion that low income blacks are more likely to be lazy and in particular super lazy.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:35:52 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:32:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
Actually sampling bias is possible since the study was so small, but judging by previous experience, I'd expect that it would hold up in all low income jobs. I'd expect jobs for professionals would see similar work ethics from whites and blacks. The study however does support the notion that low income blacks are more likely to be lazy and in particular super lazy.

Ya get whatcha pay for, I guess.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:47:16 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:35:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

They paid whites crap wages as well, and the whites were still more likely not to be lazy
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:56:48 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:47:16 PM, Wylted wrote:

They paid whites crap wages as well, and the whites were still more likely not to be lazy

So which of the two groups worked smarter? The group that got paid crap wages and delivered crap performance or the group that got paid crap wages and delivered superior results? Sounds to me like "lazy" isn't the right word.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:10:29 PM
At 2/3/2016 5:56:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So which of the two groups worked smarter? The group that got paid crap wages and delivered crap performance or the group that got paid crap wages and delivered superior results? Sounds to me like "lazy" isn't the right word.

No, people that work harder are more likely to be retained, receive raises and be promoted, so I think lazy is the correct word
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:21:10 PM
At 2/3/2016 6:10:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/3/2016 5:56:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

No, people that work harder are more likely to be retained, receive raises and be promoted, so I think lazy is the correct word

Retained at WalMart?

Retained for further "crap wages"?

We are talking about people literally stocking shelves on the third shift, here. I sincerely doubt "retention" for this job is on the employee's minds.