Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If homosexuality is a disease/disorder...

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:01:15 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
...does that mean that people with Down's syndrom, Asperger's syndrome and autism also should receive the same kind of disrespect/suspicion/condemnation or whatever you perform/want to perform against homosexuals? These people are indeed very much diseased/disordered. This would follow by the same logics against homosexuals.

"But homosexuality could be chosen not to react upon!"

So what? If this choice should be disrespected "because homosexuality is a disease/disorder", then you are saying that disease/disorder = to be disrespected.

My sister is working with children with Asperger's syndrome. The treatment of people with Down's/autism etc is of today (at least in civilized countries) extremely good. They are being told that they are just like everyone else. They are told that they could be somewhat different than others sometimes, albeit a difference which in no way implies inferiority, and instead something they should be proud of. Any concept of what is normal or not is not being taught to them.

So, you who disrespect homosexuals because of "they are diseased/disorders", would you also like to change this treatment of people with actual diseases/disorders? :)
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:04:39 PM
Usually, their argument is that if homosexuality is a mental disorder, it's something that can be treated in the first place, and should be.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:16:45 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:04:39 PM, Torton wrote:
Usually, their argument is that if homosexuality is a mental disorder, it's something that can be treated in the first place, and should be.

Maybe. Well, this would almost be on the same level as "You can discover Down's syndrome in fetuses when they still are legal to abort so they could be aborted, and should be". We aren't seeing many ableists of today though.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:20:48 PM
People with aspergersbget on my nerves. They always micro focus on some shitt you're saying and are inpossible to deal with
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:30:01 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:20:48 PM, Wylted wrote:
People with aspergersbget on my nerves. They always micro focus on some shitt you're saying and are inpossible to deal with

Many tech companies are hiring asperger people due to their focus.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:31:42 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:30:01 PM, Peepette wrote:

They're a hufe asset to tge world ar large, I just don't want to be around any of them.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:33:07 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:31:42 PM, Wylted wrote:

They're a hufe asset to tge world ar large, I just don't want to be around any of them.

What has happened to your spelling today? Are you drunk?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:38:19 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:33:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Iphone broke. Cheap cellphone with tiny letters, lol.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:44:12 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:38:19 PM, Wylted wrote:

Ah. Sorry to hear that. Whelp, that's why you should buy phones made by white people.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:45:54 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:44:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Ah. Sorry to hear that. Whelp, that's why you should buy phones made by white people.

I think I'm on one made by a white person. It's a piece of crap
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:49:21 PM

Have you been drinking Wylt, or are you having trouble with your keyboard?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:52:33 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:49:21 PM, Peepette wrote:

Iphone broke. 30 dollar phone, really tiny keyboard
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:53:52 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:52:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/3/2016 9:49:21 PM, Peepette wrote:

Iphone broke. 30 dollar phone, really tiny keyboard

Got it. I can't text on a phone even if someone put a gun to my head.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:59:19 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:45:54 PM, Wylted wrote:

Really? $30 sounds like Chinese laborers to me.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:01:15 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:59:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/3/2016 9:45:54 PM, Wylted wrote:

Really? $30 sounds like Chinese laborers to me.

That's true if it was whites it would be double the price of the iphone with the quality of a thirtt dollar phone.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:05:58 PM
At 2/3/2016 9:01:15 PM, Jovian wrote:
...does that mean that people with Down's syndrom, Asperger's syndrome

People with asparagus syndrome are troublesome. Just can't get them to eat any asparagus. Unfortunate, really.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:22:02 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:05:58 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

People with asparagus syndrome are troublesome. Just can't get them to eat any asparagus. Unfortunate, really.

What a fignorant and carroted mind you have
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:53:35 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:22:02 PM, Jovian wrote:

Your comment made me cry harder than when I cut onions
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:59:23 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:53:35 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 2/3/2016 10:22:02 PM, Jovian wrote:

Your comment made me cry harder than when I cut onions

Lettuce put it up on WikiLeeks, should we?
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:28:15 PM
...does that mean that people with Down's syndrom, Asperger's syndrome and autism also should receive the same kind of disrespect/suspicion/condemnation or whatever you perform/want to perform against homosexuals? These people are indeed very much diseased/disordered. This would follow by the same logics against homosexuals.

So what? If this choice should be disrespected "because homosexuality is a disease/disorder", then you are saying that disease/disorder = to be disrespected.

My sister is working with children with Asperger's syndrome. The treatment of people with Down's/autism etc is of today (at least in civilized countries) extremely good. They are being told that they are just like everyone else. They are told that they could be somewhat different than others sometimes, albeit a difference which in no way implies inferiority, and instead something they should be proud of. Any concept of what is normal or not is not being taught to them.

So, you who disrespect homosexuals because of "they are diseased/disorders", would you also like to change this treatment of people with actual diseases/disorders? :)

For a start, they are not in your face kissing each other in your favourite tv shows.

Apart from that, people have a problem with homosexual intimacy because it's a fear of being in that place. It is truly a repulsive thought to be having sex with poo, or with a hairy man. So if you see it happening, your mind by its own natural instinct associates you with that and doesn't like it. it's a perfectly natural and normal reaction to be extremely put off by it. Much more normal and natural than being turned on by it ::)

People generally don't have a fear of having sex with other disordered people. It's not something directly associated with their disability like homosexuality is.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 3:02:08 PM

Homosexuality that's 7 syllables. Why the hate? I've done a little math on this subject. I added MAN + MAN = 2 spare girls . Is this alarming. Let's try another sum . 70 gay men goes perfectly into 70 gay man = leaves us with a remainder 140 women. Maybe a scenario is needed . Blokie bloke Johnny find himself at a campground . 20 married heterosexual couples, 40 single man left and 40 single women left. The women are all keen , your only average looking. How many blokes out of the 40 dose Johnny wish where gay?
(A) None because that's wrong . Johnny gets 1 fat chick
(B) 10 gay men , forcing Johnny to do 2 chick's a night.
(C) all gay so Johnny can pick and choose who to do and when.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:03:06 PM
At 2/4/2016 12:28:15 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:

For a start, they are not in your face kissing each other in your favourite tv shows.

They could be. If they were, many people would out of protection for these minorities think "oooh it's so nice to see that they have found love in each other". Whereas some people will be disgusted of seeing two down people kiss each other while doing guttural sounds at the same time. Totally normal feelings, I wonder if more people would be disgusted of downies kissing that men kissing though? Would you?

Apart from that, people have a problem with homosexual intimacy because it's a fear of being in that place. It is truly a repulsive thought to be having sex with poo, or with a hairy man.

Me too, that's why I don't do homosexual sex.

And why does your mind go into their bedroom? I would find it disgusting to see my friends have sex their partners. Because, the sight of a heterosexual couple would almost every time mean "Yes, me and him/her have sex with each other". Does your mind wander into your friends with relationship's bedrooms too? I am even disgusted of the thought of having sex with my friends of the opposite gender. They are not ugly or in any other way inattractive, but the thought of doing that kind of thing when we're just friends is abnormal to me.

Many heterosexuals also do things you would be disgusted of. Some couples pee or poop on each other for sexual goals. Arent you disgusted of being in their place too?

You could seek therapy of these things disgust you (calm down, I'm not trying to reprogram you or gaslight you, just saying that you could make yourself feel better and still disagree with homosexuality). People who are afraid of spiders have the same thoughts like you too, like nightmares of being trapped in a cave full of black widows.

Many people are also afraid of downies. They think like "ewwww imagine being near such, they will probably drool over you". They don't call for discrimination of those although.

So if you see it happening, your mind by its own natural instinct associates you with that and doesn't like it. it's a perfectly natural and normal reaction to be extremely put off by it. Much more normal and natural than being turned on by it ::)

Of course. But it's also in human nature to be disgusted of downies. It's also in human nature to be racist, this doesn't mean that you should be an ableist or racist though. Naturality is not always a good argument.

People generally don't have a fear of having sex with other disordered people. It's not something directly associated with their disability like homosexuality is.

Why have you branched this discussion into sex anyway? The topic is that an hatred against homosexuals on the grounds of "it's a disorder" would logically follow of hatred of people with other disorders too. Because this would be "Disorder = should receive disrespect". Would you gladly tell someone with autism that he shouldn't ever see himself as normal?
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 9:57:43 PM
Why have you branched this discussion into sex anyway?

I think you've completely missed the point I was trying to make Jovian. If you see two homosexuals together, you think that's sexually creepy because of the disorder (homosexuality). If you see two heterosexuals together, you don't think of sex any more than anything a boy and a girl can do together like going to the movies.If you see two down syndrome people together, you don't think of sex because there's nothing about them that makes you think of sex. It's the nature of the disorder that makes your brain associate it with sex and because that's our second top instinct it has a big impact on your psyche.

-- Would you gladly tell someone with autism that he shouldn't ever see himself as normal?

If they were trying to teach my children that "having autism is perfectly natural, normal, and healthy" then I'd laugh, because you can't just choose to 'get autism'.

But children can choose (mistakingly) to have gay sex even if they are not gay, and nobody knows how the homosexual attraction develops (and we do know it develops, they are not 'born that way' because of identical twin studies), so nobody has any right to be lying to our children that choosing homo relationships is perfectly natural and normal and healthy. So anyone that normalises homosexuality is worthy of a big kick up their bum (just hope you don't lose your shoe).
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:24:13 PM
At 2/4/2016 9:57:43 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
Why have you branched this discussion into sex anyway?

I think you've completely missed the point I was trying to make Jovian. If you see two homosexuals together, you think that's sexually creepy because of the disorder (homosexuality).

This has branched into something the topic wasn't about. I had nothing about sex in my topic when I talked about people with disorders. Remember that methods of doing sex isn't the only thing that makes things disorders. Down's syndrome is a disorder because they have an extra chromosome, for example. You should maybe use another word for disorders if you don't mean other mental disabilities than what you like to call homosexuality as.

And yeah then you have admitted to that disorders are creepy and shouldn't be promoted. And my mind doesn't go into what they do in their own bedroom when I see a homosexual couple.

If you see two heterosexuals together, you don't think of sex any more than anything a boy and a girl can do together like going to the movies.

Why are you thinking of gay sex when you see gays holding hands but no sex at all when you see a boy and a girl holding hands? It could be the reverse. These gay people are also going to the movies.

If you see two down syndrome people together, you don't think of sex because there's nothing about them that makes you think of sex.

Really? Why is homosexuals making you think of sex so much but not downies? I haven't heard downies have a lesser sex drive than anyone. Also, this wasn't about sex between downies.

It's the nature of the disorder that makes your brain associate it with sex and because that's our second top instinct it has a big impact on your psyche.

Why do you connect disorders with sex? Sex is a high instinct, yet I can't see how other methods of having sex would affect me. Even if there are people who perform sex in the nastiest ways, it doesn't affect me since they haven't been forcing me to be a part of it, plus I do not watch the porn of it.

-- Would you gladly tell someone with autism that he shouldn't ever see himself as normal?

If they were trying to teach my children that "having autism is perfectly natural, normal, and healthy" then I'd laugh, because you can't just choose to 'get autism'.

As I said in my OP, choices isn't of much matter here at all. If one dislikes homosexuality and points to the "disorder" of it, then one should logically dislike all disorders there are, also those you "can't choose away". I mean, if you dislike football by saying "I dislike it because it's a sport", then you would logically dislike all other sports.

We are also not being taught at all that autists would be abnormal or something like that. If your children would talk about autists as anti-LGBT people would do about LGBT, you would get a disappointed phone call from the teachers about this.

But children can choose (mistakingly) to have gay sex even if they are not gay,

How would one be truly gay then?

and nobody knows how the homosexual attraction develops (and we do know it develops, they are not 'born that way' because of identical twin studies), so nobody has any right to be lying to our children that choosing homo relationships is perfectly natural and normal and healthy.

I have in another thread tried to show you how naturality is an argument that would forbid space travel and that normality is arbitrary. You do for example not talk about the concept of normality with aspies/downies/autists. So why would you want to do this to possesors of a "disorder" as homosexuals?

So anyone that normalises homosexuality is worthy of a big kick up their bum (just hope you don't lose your shoe).

Then do give me a holler next time you're in Netherlands and we could meet up if you want to do this. You're empty words on an online forum is of no importance.
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:38:19 PM
This has branched into something the topic wasn't about. I had nothing about sex in my topic when I talked about people with disorders. Remember that methods of doing sex isn't the only thing that makes things disorders. Down's syndrome is a disorder because they have an extra chromosome, for example. You should maybe use another word for disorders if you don't mean other mental disabilities than what you like to call homosexuality as.

It hasn't branched into anything. It is directly answering your question on why people are homophobic.

And yeah then you have admitted to that disorders are creepy and shouldn't be promoted. And my mind doesn't go into what they do in their own bedroom when I see a homosexual couple.

well good for you.

Why are you thinking of gay sex when you see gays holding hands but no sex at all when you see a boy and a girl holding hands? It could be the reverse. These gay people are also going to the movies.

It doesn't matter what they are doing, they don't even need to be holding hands. The idea of being together with another man is creepy.

Really? Why is homosexuals making you think of sex so much but not downies?

Because the nature of their disorder is sexual. That seems to be the point that you can't grasp.

It's the nature of the disorder that makes your brain associate it with sex and because that's our second top instinct it has a big impact on your psyche.

Why do you connect disorders with sex?

Only homosexuality, because their disorder is about sexual attraction.

I have in another thread tried to show you how naturality is an argument that would forbid space travel and that normality is arbitrary. You do for example not talk about the concept of normality with aspies/downies/autists. So why would you want to do this to possesors of a "disorder" as homosexuals?

Because they don't try and pretend they are normal. Homosexuals do, and they try and teach my kids that it's okay to have gay sex too.
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:41:43 PM
Jovian contrary to your OP, I think you'll find that almost everyone with a disorder will get bullied because of their disorder at some point.

What I'd like to know, is why are you trying to defend homosexuals so much?

What benefit do you think that society is going to get out of the promotion of homosexuality?
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:44:57 PM
"So why would you want to do this to possesors of a "disorder" as homosexuals?"

Because the homosexual activists lie about everything to get what they want. They have brainwashed a lot of people with their 'big lies' ... and this includes getting society to lie to our children about the same things. The wrong must be righted.

People don't lie about the other things.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:50:22 PM
At 2/4/2016 10:38:19 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:

It hasn't branched into anything. It is directly answering your question on why people are homophobic.

well good for you.

It doesn't matter what they are doing, they don't even need to be holding hands. The idea of being together with another man is creepy.
Why?

Really? Why is homosexuals making you think of sex so much but not downies?

Because the nature of their disorder is sexual. That seems to be the point that you can't grasp.

Why do you connect disorders with sex?

Only homosexuality, because their disorder is about sexual attraction.

Because they don't try and pretend they are normal. Homosexuals do, and they try and teach my kids that it's okay to have gay sex too.
You'd be happy with teaching kids about heterosexual sex, though, right?
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:55:37 PM
At 2/4/2016 10:44:57 PM, theworldhasgonemad wrote:
"So why would you want to do this to possesors of a "disorder" as homosexuals?"

Because the homosexual activists lie about everything to get what they want. They have brainwashed a lot of people with their 'big lies' ... and this includes getting society to lie to our children about the same things. The wrong must be righted.

People don't lie about the other things.
Holy fvck, you proved it all, didn't you? If you're not an arsehole, you must be brainwashed. Just fvcking amazing.

You fvcking redpilled me, m8. 10/10 - IGN.
theworldhasgonemad
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:55:49 PM
The idea of being together with another man is creepy.
Why?

Why? Do i really need to answer that? It is unnatural, illogical, unhealthy, and disgusting.

You'd be happy with teaching kids about heterosexual sex, though, right?

Not at all. Kids that have sex are something like 5 times more likely to be committing suicide, and obviously have more health problems (including mental). Yet society is very happy to be promoting teenage sex as the norm.

My mind boggles.