Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

If you're from Egypt, why are you white?

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:30:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I feel personally offended by this movie. Thanks to the convenient help of questionable historical sources my distant ancestors may or may have not been Egyptian. Therefore, this movie is appropriating my culture :(

#StoptheApproprition
#LiekDisIfUcRAIEvERTIEM:(
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 12:32:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
On a serious note, I have no idea how Hollywood managed to take a distinctly Egyptian setting and still have a near all-white cast. Like, imagine if I made a movie on Ancient Greece and all the Greek characters were black, I mean, wouldn't you question that decision for even a moment?
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:12:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 12:26:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Oh my God Uther, you can't just ask people why they're white!




- More astonishingly, they speak English!
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:23:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:12:10 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/6/2016 12:26:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Oh my God Uther, you can't just ask people why they're white!




- More astonishingly, they speak English!

White English speaking Egyptians? Is this the future?
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:52:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 12:26:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Oh my God Uther, you can't just ask people why they're white!




I do not know if you have noticed this or what, but I have recently seen that Middle-Eastern/North African people are being labelled as "white" on surveys/tests. That's kinda the same thing as this.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:00:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:52:48 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

North African people are being labelled as "white" on surveys/tests.

You don't know how hard I'm trying to resist the Mean Girls references.
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:15:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 2:00:12 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:52:48 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

North African people are being labelled as "white" on surveys/tests.

You don't know how hard I'm trying to resist the Mean Girls references.

I'm lost, lol. What reference are you talking about?
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:19:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 2:15:47 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/6/2016 2:00:12 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:52:48 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

North African people are being labelled as "white" on surveys/tests.

You don't know how hard I'm trying to resist the Mean Girls references.

I'm lost, lol. What reference are you talking about?

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?"
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:28:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 2:19:10 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/6/2016 2:15:47 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/6/2016 2:00:12 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:52:48 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

North African people are being labelled as "white" on surveys/tests.

You don't know how hard I'm trying to resist the Mean Girls references.

I'm lost, lol. What reference are you talking about?

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

Oh, lol.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 7:59:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 12:32:48 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
On a serious note, I have no idea how Hollywood managed to take a distinctly Egyptian setting and still have a near all-white cast. Like, imagine if I made a movie on Ancient Greece and all the Greek characters were black, I mean, wouldn't you question that decision for even a moment?

It seemed so historically accurate too. All that gritty realism completely ruined by one little missed detail...
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 8:28:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/12/2016 7:59:09 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/6/2016 12:32:48 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
On a serious note, I have no idea how Hollywood managed to take a distinctly Egyptian setting and still have a near all-white cast. Like, imagine if I made a movie on Ancient Greece and all the Greek characters were black, I mean, wouldn't you question that decision for even a moment?

It seemed so historically accurate too. All that gritty realism completely ruined by one little missed detail...

Like 300, just minus the realism and an overload on the gritty (The entire movie was like one big instagram filter.
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...