Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Ant simulator scandal

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 12:09:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I've been wanting to make a thread about this for some time, but kept forgetting, lol.

For those who have never heard of this incident, some game developers decided to raise funds online through Kickstarter. Yet the game will likely never be finished now, because the game devs allegedly decided to use most of the money on liquor and strippers, according to Eric Tereshinski, a developer who has since left the team.

This seems to reveal a problem with online crowdfunding. The people who receive these funds may not be held accountable for embezzlement in the same way that a traditional NGO would.

The devs' actions likely disappointed and angered the gamers who paid them to make the game. This raises a lot of questions:
-Do you think this incident has reduced your confidence in online crowdfunding?
-Should the government or Kickstarter implement measures to monitor the use of funds raised online?
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM):