Jump to topic:

Controversial Video about Black History Month

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:20:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
"An animated film designed as a lesson in 'racial discourse' for students at a Virginia high school will not be shown after it made students uncomfortable and drew criticism from parents who called it 'white guilt.'

The video was shown at Glen Allen High School in Henrico during two assemblies for Black History Month and depicts several runners on a track, with black runners facing insurmountable obstacles while white runners are unimpeded.

Officials said in a statement Tuesday that the video, 'The Unequal Opportunity Race,' was a presentation involving 'American history and racial discourse.' They added, 'A segment of the video was one component of a thoughtful discussion in which all viewpoints were encouraged. As always, we are welcoming of feedback from students and their families, and we address concerns directly as they come forward.' "

http://www.foxnews.com...

Thoughts on this video?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:37:36 PM
Jesus, this seems so satirical... the fact that it's not is bewildering. LIke, seriously, standardized tests. Every kid goes through those, or at least every kid in public school. I get the rest of the stuff, but Jesus, that one was dumb.

Also, the animation is terrible.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:38:15 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:37:36 PM, Torton wrote:
Jesus, this seems so satirical... the fact that it's not is bewildering. LIke, seriously, standardized tests. Every kid goes through those, or at least every kid in public school. I get the rest of the stuff, but Jesus, that one was dumb.

Also, the animation is terrible.
Pulling the video is equally dumb, though.