Jump to topic:

BLM Activitists Attack Marine Veteran

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 3:26:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
"A decorated former Marine was attacked and robbed by at least four people at a Washington D.C. McDonald's last week, according to local police.

Christopher Marquez, 30, an Iraq War vet, told the Washington Post he was eating in a back corner of the restaurant when a group of teens and young men approached his table.

"They saw me and crowded around ... and they started asking me if I believed black lives matter," Marquez told the paper. "I was ignoring them, then they started calling me racist."

At that point, Marquez said he left the McDonald's, but was knocked unconscious by a blow to his head. When he came to, his pants were ripped and his wallet, which contained $400 in cash, three credit cards and VA medical card among other items, was missing."

http://www.military.com...

This is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 3:59:50 PM
At 2/17/2016 3:26:56 PM, TheFlex wrote:
"A decorated former Marine was attacked and robbed by at least four people at a Washington D.C. McDonald's last week, according to local police.

Christopher Marquez, 30, an Iraq War vet, told the Washington Post he was eating in a back corner of the restaurant when a group of teens and young men approached his table.

"They saw me and crowded around ... and they started asking me if I believed black lives matter," Marquez told the paper. "I was ignoring them, then they started calling me racist."

At that point, Marquez said he left the McDonald's, but was knocked unconscious by a blow to his head. When he came to, his pants were ripped and his wallet, which contained $400 in cash, three credit cards and VA medical card among other items, was missing."

I wish I could say I was surprised. The Black Lives Matter group has proven to be nothing less than an embarrassment to the struggle for racial equality, and this is one of so many reasons why.

Oh, and I doubt that the media will pick this story up ever because it's "politically incorrect" to suggest that blacks act violently.
Tsar of DDO
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:13:20 PM
At 2/17/2016 3:59:50 PM, YYW wrote:

I get the message BLM is trying to push but if this is the type of sh!t the movement begets I have some serious issues with them. My disdain for them grows more with every questionable incident associated with them. Not that I had the fondest opinion of them in the first place, but things like this certainly don't help them.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:00:17 PM
At 2/17/2016 3:59:50 PM, YYW wrote:

I wish I could say I was surprised. The Black Lives Matter group has proven to be nothing less than an embarrassment to the struggle for racial equality, and this is one of so many reasons why.

Oh, and I doubt that the media will pick this story up ever because it's "politically incorrect" to suggest that blacks act violently.

This is a more detailed article

http://www.usatoday.com...

These movements recruit thugs, the same way that white supremacist groups recruit white thugs. I wouldn't be surprised at BLM recruitments in prisons.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 10:59:36 PM

Those teens should either be 1) shot, 2) hanged, or 3) both.

But guess what? Blacks never do wrong, they can never act violently -- I mean, because it isn't politically correct for them to, right? The media will never talk about this, for sure.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:52:22 AM
At 2/17/2016 10:59:36 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Jesus Christ, dude, they didn't kill the guy. If they do get caught, it should be whatever the punishment for battery and robbery are (which, as far as I'm aware, isn't capital punishment [and that's taking it way overboard]).
But guess what? Blacks never do wrong, they can never act violently -- I mean, because it isn't politically correct for them to, right? The media will never talk about this, for sure.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:56:17 AM
At 2/18/2016 2:52:22 AM, Torton wrote:

Jesus Christ, dude, they didn't kill the guy. If they do get caught, it should be whatever the punishment for battery and robbery are (which, as far as I'm aware, isn't capital punishment [and that's taking it way overboard]).

That was out of anger and frustration.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 9:14:59 AM

There are BLM members who protest, say their piece, and go home. Then there are these guys. It is easy to group all these people together. Especially when they are flying the flag of BLM. However, I do not believe these people are truly members of that movement.

BLM 's message is pretty clear. I don't think they would go this far. That would literally go directly against the message. People just want to discredit BLM so instead of giving BLM the benefit of the doubt we take the news at face value.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 11:50:35 AM
At 2/18/2016 9:14:59 AM, Df0512 wrote:

There are BLM members who protest, say their piece, and go home. Then there are these guys. It is easy to group all these people together. Especially when they are flying the flag of BLM. However, I do not believe these people are truly members of that movement.

BLM 's message is pretty clear. I don't think they would go this far. That would literally go directly against the message. People just want to discredit BLM so instead of giving BLM the benefit of the doubt we take the news at face value.

No true Scotsman.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:48:40 PM
At 2/18/2016 11:50:35 AM, TheFlex wrote:

No true Scotsman.

Ok, Nutpicking. See, theres a term for everything.

If I send out a tweet #BLM, I'm BLM. Thats all it takes. There is no roster. I dnt really consider it a group.

But let me ask, do you agree with the general message they are trying to deliver?Forget about how bad a job they are doing for a sec.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:53:59 PM
At 2/18/2016 12:48:40 PM, Df0512 wrote:

No true Scotsman.

If I send out a tweet #BLM, I'm BLM. Thats all it takes. There is no roster. I dnt really consider it a group.

But let me ask, do you agree with the general message they are trying to deliver?Forget about how bad a job they are doing for a sec.

I get the message they were initially trying to get across, I really do. But this movement has been so warped from its intended purpose it's not worthy of anything. This isn't nutpicking either because this is just one of many incidents BLM has been involved in that don't do any good for the movement.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 1:53:27 PM
At 2/18/2016 12:53:59 PM, TheFlex wrote:

No true Scotsman.

I get the message they were initially trying to get across, I really do. But this movement has been so warped from its intended purpose it's not worthy of anything. This isn't nutpicking either because this is just one of many incidents BLM has been involved in that don't do any good for the movement.

You could argue that. I could argue that BLM isn't a group. I dont really think it matters. The point is you are right, it really isnt worth anything of real value. To many incidents. I think if BLM was presented in a more peaceful fashion from the beginning, it would be easier to distance it from these type of things.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:14:07 PM
At 2/18/2016 1:53:27 PM, Df0512 wrote:

No true Scotsman.

You could argue that. I could argue that BLM isn't a group. I dont really think it matters. The point is you are right, it really isnt worth anything of real value. To many incidents. I think if BLM was presented in a more peaceful fashion from the beginning, it would be easier to distance it from these type of things.

I agree whole heartedly with this.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:01:49 PM
...are there any witnesses about them surrounding him saying stuff about BLM? I understand they have video of him being attacked, but what about the corroborating evidence of their links to BLM?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:13:23 PM
At 2/18/2016 3:01:49 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
...are there any witnesses about them surrounding him saying stuff about BLM? I understand they have video of him being attacked, but what about the corroborating evidence of their links to BLM?

I've read several different articles on this incident and none speak to the corroboration of that. Currently, we only have the Marine's word to go off of. Which I'm inclined to agree with.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 9:44:42 PM
If true, this story is terrible and perpetrators of violent crimes should be punished accordingly.

Of course, this does not speak to the validity or necessity of the BLM movement or message.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 1:43:03 AM
At 2/18/2016 9:44:42 PM, Maikuru wrote:
If true, this story is terrible and perpetrators of violent crimes should be punished accordingly.

Of course, this does not speak to the validity or necessity of the BLM movement or message.

As much as I am fundamentally against said message for the most part (or at least its validity), this....

By this metric almost every movement could easily be discredited, but since shi*ty human beings come from all walks of life and from all over the ideological spectrum, we can't use said metric.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 4:22:30 AM
I have no problem with their movement. The issue I'm having though is that their movement is indirectly creating incidents of this nature. When your movement propagates violent incidents you, at the very least, should publicly distance yourself from that incident. They've been completely silent on the matter thus far. They should be completely shaming it. Which speaks mounds about them to me.

If someone could provide me with something from BLM condoning this I'd respect them a little more. If they're not though, how can they expect to hold society to a standard they aren't holding themselves to?
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 8:26:45 AM
At 2/18/2016 2:14:07 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/18/2016 1:53:27 PM, Df0512 wrote:

No true Scotsman.

I agree whole heartedly with this.

Agreement on DDO. An Angle just got its wings
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 8:23:08 AM

You support execution for theft?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:47:57 PM
At 2/20/2016 8:23:08 AM, tejretics wrote:
You support execution for theft?

http://www.debate.org...
Suh dude

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:11:50 AM

So.....He was knocked out by one blow to the back of the head? Is there any footage that confirms it was the BLM (Supposed) activists? These aren't even BLM activists (Based on what was said in the article).
Meh!
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:35:29 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:11:50 AM, Axonly wrote:

So.....He was knocked out by one blow to the back of the head? Is there any footage that confirms it was the BLM (Supposed) activists? These aren't even BLM activists (Based on what was said in the article).

It's implied they are from how they were talking to him.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:42:54 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:35:29 AM, TheFlex wrote:

So, its implied not proven? As well as this there is no evidence that they are BLM activists.

While it seems likely they did attack (Likely not proven), the title is a bit misleading. It should be "Group of adults who quoted BLM possibly attacked a Marine Veteran"
Meh!
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:30:13 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:42:54 AM, Axonly wrote:

So, its implied not proven? As well as this there is no evidence that they are BLM activists.

While it seems likely they did attack (Likely not proven), the title is a bit misleading. It should be "Group of adults who quoted BLM possibly attacked a Marine Veteran"

Yeah, we should wait till they display their membership cards before we start jumping to conclusions.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:49:00 AM
At 2/21/2016 4:30:13 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Yeah, we should wait till they display their membership cards before we start jumping to conclusions.

Are you that desperate to find excuses to hate BLM? You are being irrational.
Meh!
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:11:26 PM
At 2/21/2016 4:49:00 AM, Axonly wrote:

It's not exactly "desperate to find excuses" when the excuses pop up every week.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:49:38 PM

Also, it is in no way "possibly" attacked. There's video footage. He was knocked unconscious and robbed.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 7:28:31 PM
At 2/21/2016 5:11:26 PM, TheFlex wrote:

It's not exactly "desperate to find excuses" when the excuses pop up every week.

You are claiming that these are BLM activists when there is no proof, you are outright lying
Meh!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 8:38:48 PM
It's a struggle to be expected to not beat the sh!t out of random white people.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King