Jump to topic:

A question to which I have no answer

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 4:52:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
How is it that a person can think their reproductive system is 0% my business yet 100% my financial responsibility as a tax payer? Just askin.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 5:00:53 AM
At 2/19/2016 4:52:11 AM, sadolite wrote:
How is it that a person can think their reproductive system is 0% my business yet 100% my financial responsibility as a tax payer? Just askin.

I don't expect you to pay for waxing sessions, if that's what you're getting at.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 1:38:44 PM

1) I find your claim dubious.
2) the same way in which I disagree with air strikes in various parts of the world, but am 100% responsible for as a tax payer.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 5:48:21 PM
At 2/19/2016 1:38:44 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

2) the same way in which I disagree with air strikes in various parts of the world, but am 100% responsible for as a tax payer.

In response to 2) Even if you disagree with how far we go to carry out said duty, do you discern between the duty to uphold natural rights and sustaining them? Like just because I have a right to buy a mansion does the government have a duty to buy it for me? If not why is what you want any different?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 9:49:26 PM
At 2/19/2016 5:48:21 PM, Objectivity wrote:

In response to 2) Even if you disagree with how far we go to carry out said duty, do you discern between the duty to uphold natural rights and sustaining them? Like just because I have a right to buy a mansion does the government have a duty to buy it for me? If not why is what you want any different?

You do not have a right to reproduce or have sex. If you do then you have no idea what a right is.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:09:21 PM
At 2/19/2016 9:49:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/19/2016 5:48:21 PM, Objectivity wrote:

You do not have a right to reproduce or have sex. If you do then you have no idea what a right is.

What.. you don't have a right to have sex? That is an extension of the right to liberty, as is the right to reproduce, both are actions, liberty is unrestricted action, we can only restrict liberty insofar as it violates others rights or if there is a significant harm to societal welfare. Please tell me more about how I don't know what a right is..