Jump to topic:

Can we debate on a true statement?

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 11:36:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Let's start by talking a universally accepted true statement, say, western women are whores. Now, is there any chance that even a true statement like this can be debated over? Or truth is truth?
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 11:40:05 AM
At 2/21/2016 11:36:10 AM, TREssspa wrote:
Let's start by talking a universally accepted true statement, say, western women are whores. Now, is there any chance that even a true statement like this can be debated over? Or truth is truth?

I can not recall 100% of all Western women working as prostitutes. If you by "whore" mean that Western women refuse themselves to let someone other decide over what they should do with their own genitals, please tell me why this would be something bad.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:21:05 AM
The double standard seems to be still true unfortunately. For many men, not all, it's about how many female notches they can get under their belt. It makes them feel manly and a stud. If a woman behaves in the same manner, she's a whore. It would be nice if people of either sex, who expressed their sexuality could do so without labels.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:07:36 AM
At 2/22/2016 12:21:05 AM, Peepette wrote:
The double standard seems to be still true unfortunately. For many men, not all, it's about how many female notches they can get under their belt. It makes them feel manly and a stud. If a woman behaves in the same manner, she's a whore. It would be nice if people of either sex, who expressed their sexuality could do so without labels.

I think you're giving this OP way too much credit.