Jump to topic:

The Privilege of Getting Offended

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:30:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I thought I'd leave these resources here for anyone who was interested in furthering a dialogue on the really pressing social issues of our day. Let me include some "key words" for the purpose of assisting those who desire to learn about such issues to find this site.

The resources are below. Don't worry, it won't take you long to browse through them:

For a general overview of what it means to be a social justice warrior:

http://www.reaxxion.com...

Social Justice Warrior Graduate Students who are not minorities:

https://pbs.twimg.com...

Female Social Justice Warriors:

http://granitegrok.com...

http://i.imgur.com...

The Ongoing Dialogue:

http://cdn.meme.am...

I picture really is worth a thousand words ;)
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:36:54 PM
Social Justice Warriors and Society:

http://cdn.meme.am...

An overview of Social Justice theory:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

An overview od Social Justice Warrior methodology:

http://static.fjcdn.com...

The psychological state of a social justice warrior:

https://i.ytimg.com...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:41:03 PM
I leave these for you all, mainly to assist the ongoing dialogue of what it means to be a social justice warrior.

I see no reason to bore you with academic papers that no worthwhile person on earth gives a sh!t about, because I know you're never going to read them and frankly there's no reason you should.

The fact is that the ideas contained in those papers are more articulately described on Tumblr anyway, and when your political ideology can be reduced to and is best expressed via meme, and a sufficient counterargument can follow in kind... well, you're pretty much just wasting time at that point.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:46:52 PM
The Social Justice Warrior "Argument" Flow Chart:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com...

That flow chart basically is the beginning and end of everything you are going to read from all such pseudo-intellectuals as Andrea Dworkin and Ta Nehisi Coates.

DO NOT TAKE my opposition to SJW's as an endorsement of such groups as "Mens Rights" groups (they're engaged in the exact same variety of intellectual trash as SJW's), but what is ironic about the dialogue that exists between, for example, Mens Rights groups and postmodern pseudo-intellectuals (i.e. Ta Nehisi Coates) is that they are the yin to each other's yang.

They both walk hand in hand with idiocy on a level previously unknown in American academic culture.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:48:52 PM
Some Quotes from Malcolm X to keep things in perspective:

Malcolm X, on why race and identity politics (of the kind supported by social justice warriors) are stupid:

"I have made sweeping indictments of all white people. I will never be guilty of that again." "Malcolm X

"I totally reject Elijah Muhammad's racist philosophy, which he has labeled 'Islam' only to fool and misuse gullible people." "Malcolm X

"We must approach the problem as humans first, and whatever else we are second." "Malcolm X

"I believe in recognizing every human being as a human being, neither white, black, brown nor red." "Malcolm X
Tsar of DDO
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:30:48 PM
At 2/22/2016 2:48:52 PM, YYW wrote:

Malcolm X, on why race and identity politics (of the kind supported by social justice warriors) are stupid:

"I have made sweeping indictments of all white people. I will never be guilty of that again." "Malcolm X

"I totally reject Elijah Muhammad's racist philosophy, which he has labeled 'Islam' only to fool and misuse gullible people." "Malcolm X

"We must approach the problem as humans first, and whatever else we are second." "Malcolm X

"I believe in recognizing every human being as a human being, neither white, black, brown nor red." "Malcolm X

*facepalm* Malcom X would be called a SJW if he were living today.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:35:42 PM
At 2/22/2016 3:30:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I doubt it. If he were alive today, the SJWs of the world would have hated him.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:13:10 PM
All of that in mind, being offended is a privilege now reserved for social justice warriors.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:03:29 PM

Malcom X was not a SJW. He was a Black Nationalist, at least that's what he was known for, in contrast to Martin Luther King jr. "This government has failed us, the government itself has failed us. The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. Once we see that all these other sources to which we've turned have failed, we stop turning to them and turn to ourselves. We need a self-help program, a do it yourself philosophy, a do it right now philosophy, an it's already too late philosophy. This is what you and I need to get with... Black Nationalism is a self-help philosophy... this is a philosophy that eliminates the necessity for division and argument."
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:04:07 AM
At 2/22/2016 9:03:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Malcom X was not a SJW. He was a Black Nationalist, at least that's what he was known for, in contrast to Martin Luther King jr. "This government has failed us, the government itself has failed us. The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. Once we see that all these other sources to which we've turned have failed, we stop turning to them and turn to ourselves. We need a self-help program, a do it yourself philosophy, a do it right now philosophy, an it's already too late philosophy. This is what you and I need to get with... Black Nationalism is a self-help philosophy... this is a philosophy that eliminates the necessity for division and argument."

Props. Well done. Excellent post.
Tsar of DDO
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:10:57 AM

I *know* he wasn't. What I'm saying is he would perjoratively be called a SJW today, as a way to dismiss what he had to say (which is how things often go in today's modern climate).
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:32:08 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:10:57 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

I *know* he wasn't. What I'm saying is he would perjoratively be called a SJW today, as a way to dismiss what he had to say (which is how things often go in today's modern climate).

I doubt it. I think if people like Malcolm X were around, SJW's as they presently exist wouldn't even be a thing.

So, the idiotic advocacy that Tulle and camp have been making would, I think, be less likely to have occurred.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:25:00 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:38:23 AM, Torton wrote:
At 2/22/2016 2:38:08 PM, YYW wrote:
Social Justice Warrior vocabulary:

http://cdn.cheatcc.com...
I expected the middle to be "safe space."

That would have been more appropriate, I agree. Very keen observation, there. They should revise it accordingly.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 4:32:50 AM
Being offended is a privilege reserved to the new outrage culture which has given pampered, immature and childish students the luxury of quasi-intellectual justification to act like revoltingly vile people, and to do real violence against their fictitious aggressors.

It is the exact same thing that white segregationists did with Jim Crow. It is the same thing Hitler did before he started rounding up Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 4:44:51 AM
Worse, the people who claim to be so "offended" are often the most racist (against white people), bigoted (against Christians), and homophobic people you'll encounter. That's really held true on DDO, where the prophets of microaggression theory are racist, bigots in general.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:26:17 PM
Perhaps, in light of newly discovered New York Mag. article I've located, getting offended is less of a privilege than initially thought.
Tsar of DDO