Jump to topic:

What should be the minimum age to drive a car

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:48:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
In the uk where I live it is 17. There is much variation in the minimum age for driving around the world. I think 16 is a more suitable minimum age. There is nothing really that obscures a 16 year old from driving a car safely on the road and it is the age used in other parts of the world. Thoughts?
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:05:46 PM
At 2/24/2016 7:48:27 PM, beng100 wrote:
In the uk where I live it is 17. There is much variation in the minimum age for driving around the world. I think 16 is a more suitable minimum age. There is nothing really that obscures a 16 year old from driving a car safely on the road and it is the age used in other parts of the world. Thoughts?

I guess it largely depends on other factors like the countries traffic laws. I wouldn't want a 16 year old driving on a street without any speed limit (guess the country).

Although they'd still have to pass a test, given the circumstances a 16 year old would probably be more likely to tempt the limits of his car in an irresponsible way.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Khaan_Raptorex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 11:58:33 PM
I think, perhaps, that there should be a test of general mental and physical competence before one can apply for tests, insurance etc.

What I mean by this, is some form of certificate awarded by the government - or government approved associations - that measures a person's basic intelligence and physical competence before letting them behind the wheel of a vehicle.

This way, as there are a lot of stupid people regardless of age, things can be more safe.

But there should still be an absolute minimum age of 15, 14 is stretching it.

There's probably flaws with this idea, I've not paid it much thought and this is a quick opinion or whatever that I suddenly came up with.
Anderson, don't talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.