Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Inferiority and Superiority

Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:12:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
The thoughts of Inferiority Complex and Superiority Complex can be somewhat confounding, however knowing the contrast between these two ideas can see every term better. Inadequacy and Superiority Complex allude to an inclination that the individual can have about himself which goes in inverse bearings. Feeling of inadequacy is the sentiment uselessness by a person. Such a man would feel, to the point that he is sufficiently bad and a disappointment. Then again, Superiority alludes to a feeling of predominance that a man feels in contrast with others.

What is Inferiority Complex?

On the off chance that a man feels that he is a disappointment more often than not and can't accomplish his objectives, there is a high plausibility for such a man to be experiencing an Inferiority complex. This can be a staggering feeling for the individual since he feels useless. These sorts of people are typically modest and question their capacities and aptitudes. Notwithstanding when the individual is to a great degree great at something, he will feel less.

Without a doubt eventually in our lives we all face second rate at specific difficulties and snags in life. Be that as it may, these frequently have a tendency to leave, and we fall back to our standard schedules. On account of a person who experiences a feeling of inadequacy, it is not the situation. He would feel second rate at all times, and this will end up being an awesome boundary for the person. At that point the individual would start to be separated from others because of the low self-regard. The individual would feel skeptical also. The consistent conviction that he would fall flat and nothing would make the individual on edge furthermore modest.

A feeling of inadequacy can be created because of various issues. For instance, if a kid is continually chided, condemned at home furthermore in school, the kid has low self-regard. Indeed, even in the wake of turning into a grown-up, this tyke would experience the ill effects of this inclination and would need to please others and look for their endorsement. Battered ladies likewise experience the ill effects of this because of scholarly weakness.

What is Superiority Complex?

Prevalence complex is the point at which an individual harbors an expanded self-esteem. This can be around a man's physical appearance, some capacity or ability, and so on. A man who experiences a Superiority complex can be effectively recognized because of his mien. The way in which he talks, his conduct, attributes, conclusions are all corrupted by this feeling of prevalence. Such a man can show qualities, for example, vanity, oppressive tone, egotism, and so forth. They would boss individuals around and treat others in a stooping way.

In Psychology, it is trusted that if a man hints at Superiority, this is typically to veil some inadequacy. At the point when a man has a prevalence complex, he doesn't pay regard to the others and trusts that he knows everything. These sorts of conduct and states of mind can be antagonistic for the individual as well as others also.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:21:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:17:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You should include Impostor Syndrome in this.

I would personally categorize that into Superiority.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:53:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:21:12 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:17:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You should include Impostor Syndrome in this.

I would personally categorize that into Superiority.

I wouldn't. The notion explicitly regards people who in some respect are, in fact, superior, but who nevertheless experience feelings, not only of inadequacy, but of having (typically unintentionally) deceived people to believe otherwise.
YYW
Posts: 36,417
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:56:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:17:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You should include Impostor Syndrome in this.

You should supplement it, and elaborate. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the subject.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,417
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:58:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:12:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:
The thoughts of Inferiority Complex and Superiority Complex can be somewhat confounding, however knowing the contrast between these two ideas can see every term better. Inadequacy and Superiority Complex allude to an inclination that the individual can have about himself which goes in inverse bearings. Feeling of inadequacy is the sentiment uselessness by a person. Such a man would feel, to the point that he is sufficiently bad and a disappointment. Then again, Superiority alludes to a feeling of predominance that a man feels in contrast with others.

What is Inferiority Complex?

On the off chance that a man feels that he is a disappointment more often than not and can't accomplish his objectives, there is a high plausibility for such a man to be experiencing an Inferiority complex. This can be a staggering feeling for the individual since he feels useless. These sorts of people are typically modest and question their capacities and aptitudes. Notwithstanding when the individual is to a great degree great at something, he will feel less.

Without a doubt eventually in our lives we all face second rate at specific difficulties and snags in life. Be that as it may, these frequently have a tendency to leave, and we fall back to our standard schedules. On account of a person who experiences a feeling of inadequacy, it is not the situation. He would feel second rate at all times, and this will end up being an awesome boundary for the person. At that point the individual would start to be separated from others because of the low self-regard. The individual would feel skeptical also. The consistent conviction that he would fall flat and nothing would make the individual on edge furthermore modest.

A feeling of inadequacy can be created because of various issues. For instance, if a kid is continually chided, condemned at home furthermore in school, the kid has low self-regard. Indeed, even in the wake of turning into a grown-up, this tyke would experience the ill effects of this inclination and would need to please others and look for their endorsement. Battered ladies likewise experience the ill effects of this because of scholarly weakness.

I don't know that I'd call it a scholarly weakness, but you've done a pretty good job of explaining this.

What is Superiority Complex?

Prevalence complex is the point at which an individual harbors an expanded self-esteem. This can be around a man's physical appearance, some capacity or ability, and so on. A man who experiences a Superiority complex can be effectively recognized because of his mien. The way in which he talks, his conduct, attributes, conclusions are all corrupted by this feeling of prevalence. Such a man can show qualities, for example, vanity, oppressive tone, egotism, and so forth. They would boss individuals around and treat others in a stooping way.

In Psychology, it is trusted that if a man hints at Superiority, this is typically to veil some inadequacy. At the point when a man has a prevalence complex, he doesn't pay regard to the others and trusts that he knows everything. These sorts of conduct and states of mind can be antagonistic for the individual as well as others also.

Yup.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:59:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:58:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:12:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:
The thoughts of Inferiority Complex and Superiority Complex can be somewhat confounding, however knowing the contrast between these two ideas can see every term better. Inadequacy and Superiority Complex allude to an inclination that the individual can have about himself which goes in inverse bearings. Feeling of inadequacy is the sentiment uselessness by a person. Such a man would feel, to the point that he is sufficiently bad and a disappointment. Then again, Superiority alludes to a feeling of predominance that a man feels in contrast with others.

What is Inferiority Complex?

On the off chance that a man feels that he is a disappointment more often than not and can't accomplish his objectives, there is a high plausibility for such a man to be experiencing an Inferiority complex. This can be a staggering feeling for the individual since he feels useless. These sorts of people are typically modest and question their capacities and aptitudes. Notwithstanding when the individual is to a great degree great at something, he will feel less.

Without a doubt eventually in our lives we all face second rate at specific difficulties and snags in life. Be that as it may, these frequently have a tendency to leave, and we fall back to our standard schedules. On account of a person who experiences a feeling of inadequacy, it is not the situation. He would feel second rate at all times, and this will end up being an awesome boundary for the person. At that point the individual would start to be separated from others because of the low self-regard. The individual would feel skeptical also. The consistent conviction that he would fall flat and nothing would make the individual on edge furthermore modest.

A feeling of inadequacy can be created because of various issues. For instance, if a kid is continually chided, condemned at home furthermore in school, the kid has low self-regard. Indeed, even in the wake of turning into a grown-up, this tyke would experience the ill effects of this inclination and would need to please others and look for their endorsement. Battered ladies likewise experience the ill effects of this because of scholarly weakness.

I don't know that I'd call it a scholarly weakness, but you've done a pretty good job of explaining this.

What is Superiority Complex?

Prevalence complex is the point at which an individual harbors an expanded self-esteem. This can be around a man's physical appearance, some capacity or ability, and so on. A man who experiences a Superiority complex can be effectively recognized because of his mien. The way in which he talks, his conduct, attributes, conclusions are all corrupted by this feeling of prevalence. Such a man can show qualities, for example, vanity, oppressive tone, egotism, and so forth. They would boss individuals around and treat others in a stooping way.

In Psychology, it is trusted that if a man hints at Superiority, this is typically to veil some inadequacy. At the point when a man has a prevalence complex, he doesn't pay regard to the others and trusts that he knows everything. These sorts of conduct and states of mind can be antagonistic for the individual as well as others also.

Yup.

...that's it? Really? -.-
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:02:03 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:53:51 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:21:12 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:17:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You should include Impostor Syndrome in this.

I would personally categorize that into Superiority.

I wouldn't. The notion explicitly regards people who in some respect are, in fact, superior, but who nevertheless experience feelings, not only of inadequacy, but of having (typically unintentionally) deceived people to believe otherwise.

But the feeling of inferiority is a gradual developing process, while you are born into superiority, if that makes sense.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,417
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:06:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 10:59:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:58:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:12:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:
The thoughts of Inferiority Complex and Superiority Complex can be somewhat confounding, however knowing the contrast between these two ideas can see every term better. Inadequacy and Superiority Complex allude to an inclination that the individual can have about himself which goes in inverse bearings. Feeling of inadequacy is the sentiment uselessness by a person. Such a man would feel, to the point that he is sufficiently bad and a disappointment. Then again, Superiority alludes to a feeling of predominance that a man feels in contrast with others.

What is Inferiority Complex?

On the off chance that a man feels that he is a disappointment more often than not and can't accomplish his objectives, there is a high plausibility for such a man to be experiencing an Inferiority complex. This can be a staggering feeling for the individual since he feels useless. These sorts of people are typically modest and question their capacities and aptitudes. Notwithstanding when the individual is to a great degree great at something, he will feel less.

Without a doubt eventually in our lives we all face second rate at specific difficulties and snags in life. Be that as it may, these frequently have a tendency to leave, and we fall back to our standard schedules. On account of a person who experiences a feeling of inadequacy, it is not the situation. He would feel second rate at all times, and this will end up being an awesome boundary for the person. At that point the individual would start to be separated from others because of the low self-regard. The individual would feel skeptical also. The consistent conviction that he would fall flat and nothing would make the individual on edge furthermore modest.

A feeling of inadequacy can be created because of various issues. For instance, if a kid is continually chided, condemned at home furthermore in school, the kid has low self-regard. Indeed, even in the wake of turning into a grown-up, this tyke would experience the ill effects of this inclination and would need to please others and look for their endorsement. Battered ladies likewise experience the ill effects of this because of scholarly weakness.

I don't know that I'd call it a scholarly weakness, but you've done a pretty good job of explaining this.

What is Superiority Complex?

Prevalence complex is the point at which an individual harbors an expanded self-esteem. This can be around a man's physical appearance, some capacity or ability, and so on. A man who experiences a Superiority complex can be effectively recognized because of his mien. The way in which he talks, his conduct, attributes, conclusions are all corrupted by this feeling of prevalence. Such a man can show qualities, for example, vanity, oppressive tone, egotism, and so forth. They would boss individuals around and treat others in a stooping way.

In Psychology, it is trusted that if a man hints at Superiority, this is typically to veil some inadequacy. At the point when a man has a prevalence complex, he doesn't pay regard to the others and trusts that he knows everything. These sorts of conduct and states of mind can be antagonistic for the individual as well as others also.

Yup.

...that's it? Really? -.-

I don't have much to add. You've got the concept pretty clearly articulated and if there were deficiencies in what you said I would have added something to it.

I could talk about how people with these different complexes interact, and how nasty it gets; I could even point to some DDO members as examples... but I wouldn't do that, although in general I think that many come to mind.

I disagree with the notion that superiority complexes are always masks for feelings of inferiority, though, because that doesn't really capture the dynamic complexity of individuals like that, but that's really sort of tangential to what you're talking about.

Outlining the general concept really isn't meant to get into the finer nuances of human complexity.
Tsar of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:08:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 11:02:03 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:53:51 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:21:12 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:17:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You should include Impostor Syndrome in this.

I would personally categorize that into Superiority.

I wouldn't. The notion explicitly regards people who in some respect are, in fact, superior, but who nevertheless experience feelings, not only of inadequacy, but of having (typically unintentionally) deceived people to believe otherwise.

But the feeling of inferiority is a gradual developing process, while you are born into superiority, if that makes sense.

Maybe it's because I'm still severely hungover, but I'm not sure in what sense that responds to what I suggested.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:09:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/26/2016 11:06:12 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:59:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:58:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/26/2016 10:12:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:
The thoughts of Inferiority Complex and Superiority Complex can be somewhat confounding, however knowing the contrast between these two ideas can see every term better. Inadequacy and Superiority Complex allude to an inclination that the individual can have about himself which goes in inverse bearings. Feeling of inadequacy is the sentiment uselessness by a person. Such a man would feel, to the point that he is sufficiently bad and a disappointment. Then again, Superiority alludes to a feeling of predominance that a man feels in contrast with others.

What is Inferiority Complex?

On the off chance that a man feels that he is a disappointment more often than not and can't accomplish his objectives, there is a high plausibility for such a man to be experiencing an Inferiority complex. This can be a staggering feeling for the individual since he feels useless. These sorts of people are typically modest and question their capacities and aptitudes. Notwithstanding when the individual is to a great degree great at something, he will feel less.

Without a doubt eventually in our lives we all face second rate at specific difficulties and snags in life. Be that as it may, these frequently have a tendency to leave, and we fall back to our standard schedules. On account of a person who experiences a feeling of inadequacy, it is not the situation. He would feel second rate at all times, and this will end up being an awesome boundary for the person. At that point the individual would start to be separated from others because of the low self-regard. The individual would feel skeptical also. The consistent conviction that he would fall flat and nothing would make the individual on edge furthermore modest.

A feeling of inadequacy can be created because of various issues. For instance, if a kid is continually chided, condemned at home furthermore in school, the kid has low self-regard. Indeed, even in the wake of turning into a grown-up, this tyke would experience the ill effects of this inclination and would need to please others and look for their endorsement. Battered ladies likewise experience the ill effects of this because of scholarly weakness.

I don't know that I'd call it a scholarly weakness, but you've done a pretty good job of explaining this.

What is Superiority Complex?

Prevalence complex is the point at which an individual harbors an expanded self-esteem. This can be around a man's physical appearance, some capacity or ability, and so on. A man who experiences a Superiority complex can be effectively recognized because of his mien. The way in which he talks, his conduct, attributes, conclusions are all corrupted by this feeling of prevalence. Such a man can show qualities, for example, vanity, oppressive tone, egotism, and so forth. They would boss individuals around and treat others in a stooping way.

In Psychology, it is trusted that if a man hints at Superiority, this is typically to veil some inadequacy. At the point when a man has a prevalence complex, he doesn't pay regard to the others and trusts that he knows everything. These sorts of conduct and states of mind can be antagonistic for the individual as well as others also.

Yup.

...that's it? Really? -.-

I don't have much to add. You've got the concept pretty clearly articulated and if there were deficiencies in what you said I would have added something to it.

I could talk about how people with these different complexes interact, and how nasty it gets; I could even point to some DDO members as examples... but I wouldn't do that, although in general I think that many come to mind.

I disagree with the notion that superiority complexes are always masks for feelings of inferiority, though, because that doesn't really capture the dynamic complexity of individuals like that, but that's really sort of tangential to what you're talking about.

Outlining the general concept really isn't meant to get into the finer nuances of human complexity.

Lol, a couple of members have inspired me to make this.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump