Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Controversy of Feminism

Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:10:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

This is utter _bullshit and nobody should take this crap seriously.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:31:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Shame you would post this.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:53:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:31:06 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Shame you would post this.

I disagree, and I like him. He's kind of a provocateur, but he's my kind of provocateur. I might have finished my Ph.D. if there were more guys like that around.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:54:41 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:53:37 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/1/2016 5:31:06 AM, Rosalie wrote:
Shame you would post this.

I disagree, and I like him. He's kind of a provocateur, but he's my kind of provocateur. I might have finished my Ph.D. if there were more guys like that around.

You're being childish. You can't even take the guy serioisly.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:05:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:10:01 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

This is utter _bullshit and nobody should take this crap seriously.

The question becomes, is it BS because what he is sayingis untrue, or because he is misrepresenting feminism in some way?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:10:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:05:00 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/1/2016 5:10:01 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

This is utter _bullshit and nobody should take this crap seriously.

The question becomes, is it BS because what he is sayingis untrue, or because he is misrepresenting feminism in some way?

Or perhaps some other reason...
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:10:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I think the guy hit upon some very good points tbh. I'm not sure about the voracity of most of thestats and other stuff he's talking about, but things like the wage gap, and 1 in 5 statistic, the rape culture, and the like being myths, was spot on.

In regards to rape culture, we don't as a culture support rape, we demonize it. Heck, all it takes most of the time is an accusation, and the public circle will demonize a person, even if it comes out later that they didn't do it, that stigma still haunts the person.

The one facet where rape is even "supported" or abjectly dismissed is in regards to men being raped. Which, being honest, is majoritively dismissed by men themselves, which is absolutely saddening, sickening, and something that absolutely aggravates me on a personal level for reasons I won't go into.

The issue of "victim-blaming" is really going away relatively quickly in a societal sense, like, it really is. It's actually quite impressive that Western society flipped that script very quickly. Does it still happen? Yes, but rarely at this point imho.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:11:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:10:45 AM, YYW wrote:

Or perhaps some other reason...

Yes, or perhaps some other reason, i shouldn't of phrased it as an absolute either/or
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:18:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Who is this Yannoupolous(spelling?) and why does his name seem so familiar?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tejretics
Posts: 6,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 7:21:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:18:45 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Who is this Yannoupolous(spelling?) and why does his name seem so familiar?

Sounds to me like a combination of "Yanni" and "Chryssomalis," lol. (Yiannis Chryssomallis is the full name of Greek musician Yanni.)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 10:06:22 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 6:18:45 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Who is this Yannoupolous(spelling?) and why does his name seem so familiar?
Well he's an editor for Breitbart and a vocal anti-feminist. Perhaps you know him from the recent Rutgers incident where he was giving a speech and BLM activists interrupted and spread red paint over their faces.

Also it's Yiannopoulos. Apparently the name is due to his Greek descent.
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:20:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 10:06:22 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 3/1/2016 6:18:45 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Who is this Yannoupolous(spelling?) and why does his name seem so familiar?
Well he's an editor for Breitbart and a vocal anti-feminist. Perhaps you know him from the recent Rutgers incident where he was giving a speech and BLM activists interrupted and spread red paint over their faces.

Also it's Yiannopoulos. Apparently the name is due to his Greek descent.

-opoulos is as far as I know the most common ending Greek names have.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:21:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

These are some feminists whom, though I disagree with them, I see as worthy opponents. They're tough, they're smart, they're willing to engage with the opposition, and they actually have a sense of f*cking humor.

https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

I agree with them that the new, censorial brand of campus feminism doesn't help women at large, and that the old radical liberation feminism actually accomplished things for oppressed women on a political level. I mean, when you listen to Germaine Greer speak to a hostile audience in 1973 with such finesse and intelligence and compare it to what we have now, it's just fvcking sad. And many of these women are being deliberately sidelined by the new establishment!

And this is the sickest burn against campus 'radicals' that I've ever come across:

https://youtu.be...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:47:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 4:21:48 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

These are some feminists whom, though I disagree with them, I see as worthy opponents. They're tough, they're smart, they're willing to engage with the opposition, and they actually have a sense of f*cking humor.

https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

I agree with them that the new, censorial brand of campus feminism doesn't help women at large, and that the old radical liberation feminism actually accomplished things for oppressed women on a political level. I mean, when you listen to Germaine Greer speak to a hostile audience in 1973 with such finesse and intelligence and compare it to what we have now, it's just fvcking sad. And many of these women are being deliberately sidelined by the new establishment!

And this is the sickest burn against campus 'radicals' that I've ever come across:

https://youtu.be...

I agree, and I think Yianopolouis would as well, that second wave feminism is fine. Having women treated equally before the law is a find thing to aspire towards, but what is not an especially good thing to aspire towards is sort of the means by which "problems" are identified, articulated, and endeavored to be remediated.
Tsar of DDO
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:17:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

Its ironic he is claiming that economists don't think a wage gap exist, when economists actually think a wage gap exists....

Look, if he had said something like, women studies seems to rely on sociology and because it uses inductive logic sometimes its hard to agree with everything feminism says (as an example), then I would be inclined to agree with him, that would be a fair criticism. But he doesn't.

If he had said that some feminists theories aren't always academic, in the sense that it seems to be largely dominated by writers/journalists and social workers as oppose to those who have Ph.D's, then I would agree with him. I kinda disagree on a rape culture existing, but those who have asserted it (Susan Brownmiller, and Noreen Connell) aren't exactly academics themselves. For a social worker to draw social conclusions, like what Milo as a business person is doing, is a bit beyond their expertise, I think.

That being said, on the whole, he doesn't seem to understand a lot of feminist positions. Like at all.

For example, he claims they can be misandrists. I have heard of separatist feminism being like this, but on the whole even most feminists I know when making a social comment include how men are better impacted under their solution (gender roles for instance come to mind). I usually find most feminists don't actually hate men, at all.

In either case, we need to stop glorifying entrepreneurs as these somehow demi-gods of knowledge about sh!t they know nothing about. If I had a nickle for every time a business person in the republican party tried to tell me they're good at economics because they're a business person, I'd have enough money to save the economy these stupid fvcks destroyed. Business people only know their business, not the economy.
Thank you for voting!
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:29:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:47:23 PM, YYW wrote:
I agree, and I think Yianopolouis would as well, that second wave feminism is fine.

Well, as far as the direct, immediate social impact was concerned. The second wave is when feminism really got into academic nonsense/vice versa. And the rest, they say, is history.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 7:09:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:10:01 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

This is utter _bullshit and nobody should take this crap seriously.

People could say the exact same thing about feminism
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:46:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/1/2016 5:10:01 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/1/2016 4:58:24 AM, YYW wrote:
This is a controversial perspective on feminism


https://www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?

This is utter _bullshit and nobody should take this crap seriously.

Do you disagree completely with him on every single thing he said? Surely not.
I don't like this sort of empty dismissal. It reeks of intellectual laziness that allows him to portray his intellectual opponents and idiots so successfully.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 4:46:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

Everything you have said above is incorrect, and let's explore why, because you need to know what you're calling yourself.

Second wave feminists like Betty Fridan, etc. came about in the 1970s. They were right; they did things like "the freedom trash can" and the like, and that behavior was radical, but purposeful.

The only "insane" (read: not merely radical, radical is really fine) feminists came about as a result of a perversion of second wave feminism that was mainly lead by Andrea Dworkin, and those like her.

And let's be clear: your claim that I'm " making the assumption all feminist are insane"
is totally false. It is false because I have never made that claim, and when people who are having discussions about political ideology are discussing their similarities and differences, they need to fairly represent what others are saying.

You can even realize, or at least infer, from what I said above that I never said that "all feminist are insane" by (1) distinguishing between different types of feminism, which I have, and (2) limiting my criticism to the sort of repulsive vitriolic trash that has come about as a result of Dworkin and company, who frankly are among the most disgusting lot ever to have occupied the halls of higher education.

Moreover, I additionally LISTED an example of a REASONABLE (read: not insane) feminist, Christina Hoff Summers, who is a beacon of hope to an otherwise fallen political ideology.

What does 'otherwise fallen' mean?

It means that we acknowledge what the majority of modern feminists are about. They are "fainting couch feminists" who are among the most racist, sexist, bigoted and frankly patronizing, repulsive people ever to exist in this country since the white supremacists of the 1960s. They are as bad as the "men's rights" lunatics, but yet vastly more prolific.

I would encourage you to refer to Summers for further analysis of this subject, mainly, because she is one of the best there is. However, I may make an OP on this subject later.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 4:52:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Will respond to ^^ in a bit.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Cooldudebro
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:24:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.

What?

I have nothing against men. You're stereotyping. In fact, not all Women hate men. Sadly, some feminist ruin it for the rest of us, because of their hatred towards another gender. Not all women are then same. I ask you refrain from making accusations about me.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Cooldudebro
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:30:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:24:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.

What?

I have nothing against men. You're stereotyping. In fact, not all Women hate men. Sadly, some feminist ruin it for the rest of us, because of their hatred towards another gender. Not all women are then same. I ask you refrain from making accusations about me.

I never said all women hate men. I said all feminists are insane. Not all women are feminists. If you don't wanna be viewed as crazy, become egalitarian. The feminist movement is now overtaken by radicals.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:32:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:30:38 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:24:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.

What?

I have nothing against men. You're stereotyping. In fact, not all Women hate men. Sadly, some feminist ruin it for the rest of us, because of their hatred towards another gender. Not all women are then same. I ask you refrain from making accusations about me.

I never said all women hate men. I said all feminists are insane. Not all women are feminists. If you don't wanna be viewed as crazy, become egalitarian. The feminist movement is now overtaken by radicals.

I'm a feminist, you said "feminist", you were merely talking about *all feminist*

And no, you can't just define yourself as "egalitarian" because there are 7 types of femiam, all with different beliefs, and objectives, there is only 1 radical group, "Radical feminism"
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Cooldudebro
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:33:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:32:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:30:38 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:24:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.

What?

I have nothing against men. You're stereotyping. In fact, not all Women hate men. Sadly, some feminist ruin it for the rest of us, because of their hatred towards another gender. Not all women are then same. I ask you refrain from making accusations about me.

I never said all women hate men. I said all feminists are insane. Not all women are feminists. If you don't wanna be viewed as crazy, become egalitarian. The feminist movement is now overtaken by radicals.

I'm a feminist, you said "feminist", you were merely talking about *all feminist*

And no, you can't just define yourself as "egalitarian" because there are 7 types of femiam, all with different beliefs, and objectives, there is only 1 radical group, "Radical feminism"

Well, what do you believe women don't have that men do? How are women not as 'privileged' as men?
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:35:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 7:33:57 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:32:44 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:30:38 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:24:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:21:44 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:36:10 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/7/2016 4:27:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 7:50:08 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I hate feminism

New feminism is, to use one of their words, "problematic." But first and second wave feminism is fine; they are in fact, perhaps, the greatest accomplishments of modern Western society. But what feminism has become is a disgrace to that history and legacy.

Listen to some of the things that Christina Hoff Summers has to say. She is an excellent feminist, mainly, in that she is not insane.

You are completely wrong.

Radical feminism first started in the 70's, they were maniacs. Mainly because of their behaviour, they were known to have outrageous behavior to get their point across. There we're few radicals back then because everyone was afraid of them.

Today, a lot of peopl don't categorize themselves on "what type of feminist" they are. They all simply strive for the se goal, equality. Now, we even have more men in the movement. But you're making the assumption all feminist are insane, which is untrue.

All feminists are insane. If you believe in equal rights, say you're egalitarian. Don't associate yourself with a group that shuns the men's rights movement, complains about man spreading, and whines that A/C is sexist; while they're dominated by 'the patriarchy'.

What?

I have nothing against men. You're stereotyping. In fact, not all Women hate men. Sadly, some feminist ruin it for the rest of us, because of their hatred towards another gender. Not all women are then same. I ask you refrain from making accusations about me.

I never said all women hate men. I said all feminists are insane. Not all women are feminists. If you don't wanna be viewed as crazy, become egalitarian. The feminist movement is now overtaken by radicals.

I'm a feminist, you said "feminist", you were merely talking about *all feminist*

And no, you can't just define yourself as "egalitarian" because there are 7 types of femiam, all with different beliefs, and objectives, there is only 1 radical group, "Radical feminism"

Well, what do you believe women don't have that men do? How are women not as 'privileged' as men?

I wouldn't say privileged, but I do think women get treated unequaly, and unfairly when it comes to the workplace, and paying for health care.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16