Yannopoulos on Universities

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:54:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I will add this, for thoughts:

The first nine minutes of this is virtually identical to what I've been complaining of with regard to universities for some time. They silence dissent, and go out of their way to do it. This is generally a bad practice, but it goes on because of the very popular notion now that college students need to be sheltered from controversial ideas.

If was at my alma mater, and I said something like "the gender wage gap is exaggerated," there would be uproar; no matter how much data I presented, no matter what the actual numbers are, I would be the subject of outrageous personal attacks by members of the postmodern left. Andrea Dworkin's legacies, who now work in some of our nation's finest universities, would mount a phalanx assault on me.

They'd ignore the data. They'd ignore the numbers, and they'd ignore my methodology because they don't give a sh!t about numbers, data, or methodology. They care about theological narratives of socially normative truth. The whole notion of "normative truth" should really be concerning to you, because it's illusory, where it pretends to be scientific truth --as social science so often does. That's in fact the reason that social science in its many forms exists now.

But, alternatively, if I came up with some total bullsh!t about the wage gap, and totally fudged my methodology and invented my data (yes, INVENTED my data.... kind of like what these idiots who talk about micro-aggressions do) even then I would probably get published and be celebrated as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then someone like Yiannopolis would call me out on my bullsh!t, and then the left would all come together and call him a sexist bigot who is doing nothing more than venting gay rage (this is how psychology comes into the mix, and, again, one of the many reasons why psychology as a field is now more political than it has ever been before, and has almost no legitimacy left in the academic arena).
Tsar of DDO
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:28:49 AM
At 3/1/2016 5:54:54 PM, YYW wrote:
But, alternatively, if I came up with some total bullsh!t about the wage gap, and totally fudged my methodology and invented my data (yes, INVENTED my data.... kind of like what these idiots who talk about micro-aggressions do) even then I would probably get published and be celebrated as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Social psychologist Diederik Stapel did just that (fabricated and manipulated data), almost definitely for political motives.

Now he teaches (surprise surprise) social philosophy. Must feel right at home.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:30:27 AM
At 3/2/2016 6:28:49 AM, someloser wrote:
At 3/1/2016 5:54:54 PM, YYW wrote:
But, alternatively, if I came up with some total bullsh!t about the wage gap, and totally fudged my methodology and invented my data (yes, INVENTED my data.... kind of like what these idiots who talk about micro-aggressions do) even then I would probably get published and be celebrated as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Social psychologist Diederik Stapel did just that (fabricated and manipulated data), almost definitely for political motives.

Now he teaches (surprise surprise) social philosophy. Must feel right at home.

Oh very much...
Tsar of DDO