People who think killing intruders is ok

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:30:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
5 cents my socks are smellier then yours
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:39:32 PM
People who think defending oneself and their property by any means necessary is not OK:

Where do you live?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:40:21 PM
Address with city, state, and zip code please. I'd like to meet you and give you a surprise
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 6:47:07 PM
At 3/7/2016 5:17:29 PM, smelisox wrote:
What are you doing outside of an asylum?

The intruder should not be in your house. He could be armed and intending to kill you. Is it not best to put your life before that of a criminal breaking the law?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 9:26:18 PM

Dude. I'f I have someone breaking into my house, with God knows what intentions, imma kill the sunnybeach.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 5:06:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Don't get drunk in the USA.

Imagine some chick saying , just come jump in the side window.

You could set people up easy as .
But that's how they roll in the USA , I'm sure 1 day they will get it.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 4:12:27 AM

Easy to say when the only thing you have to defend are material posessions. Im supposed to believe the man that just broke into my house wont kill me or my family. I dnt want to wait until he decides to find out.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 5:32:31 AM
At 3/10/2016 4:12:27 AM, Df0512 wrote:

Easy to say when the only thing you have to defend are material posessions. Im supposed to believe the man that just broke into my house wont kill me or my family. I dnt want to wait until he decides to find out.

I've never locked me side or back door , here In Australia people don't break in to kill you , they break in to raid your fridge , and poo on your couch. To many guns there, why would someone break in your house to kill you ? It doesn't help having a billion guns does it. I think I know what scares you but . I ain't saying it,
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 10:07:39 PM
At 3/10/2016 5:32:31 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I've never locked me side or back door , here In Australia people don't break in to kill you , they break in to raid your fridge , and poo on your couch. To many guns there, why would someone break in your house to kill you ? It doesn't help having a billion guns does it. I think I know what scares you but . I ain't saying it,

Go on, say it. Since I literally have no idea.

Yeah, on another note, 100% of people who say they would kill an intruder are stupid United Statesians and 100% who are sane and against murder are not United Statesians.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 7:09:31 PM
At 3/11/2016 10:07:39 PM, smelisox wrote:

Yeah, on another note, 100% of people who say they would kill an intruder are stupid United Statesians and 100% who are sane and against murder are not United Statesians.

I would recommend living in the US before you take that stance. Some folks in the US that break into homes have no concern about your life. The same regard should be returned. Its horribly endearing that you think that the only murderers are people that want to protect their property and family. Endearing, but not at all realistic.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 7:18:21 PM
At 3/11/2016 10:07:39 PM, smelisox wrote:

"United Statesians" hahahaha :D
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 8:00:50 PM
I would say that individuals should have the right to defend themselves to whatever extent necessary against reasonable threats, with the understanding that their perceptions and actions will be judged on the extent to which they were reasonable after the fact.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 9:42:57 PM
At 3/7/2016 5:40:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Address with city, state, and zip code please. I'd like to meet you and give you a surprise

Me too, and his wife ;)
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:19:38 AM
At 3/12/2016 9:42:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

Me too, and his wife ;)

You lot make me believe Oscar Pistorius was innocent.
I now feel sorry for him.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:52:13 AM
At 3/13/2016 1:19:38 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/12/2016 9:42:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

Me too, and his wife ;)

You lot make me believe Oscar Pistorius was innocent.
I now feel sorry for him.

No that guy was a piece of crap. You can bet if I thought an intruder was in my house, I'd check to make sure I wasn't confusing my wife and kid for one, before firing shots through a bathroom door.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:56:57 AM
I was flicking threw channels just before and seen 10 seconds of WWE Wrestling.
And I kid you not there you Americans were . 30, 40, 50 year old man cheering like young girls at a Beiber concert. It don't take much for you guys to get of hey ?
And with the shoot a intruder thing I get it. You shoot intruders because you all are petrified of , the blacks .
So I added up the sums .
Ya got 1000 guns each + every citizen is required to carry a Crack pipe . + you all scared to death of the black people = shoot before you get shot.
Is this about right ? Your all " living on the edge " so to speak.
Nice nice have fun with that.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 10:08:45 AM

Okay, well I live in America and in certain areas in America, that is a definite possibility. We lock all the doors. Not to be "that guy", but I grew up in a neighborhood that was a necessity. I am not exactly sure what else you are referring to but I assure you I say what I mean.

Besides what else could I fear more than someone breaking into my home and killing my family.... To me it makes less since that someone would break into you house just to poo on your couch.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 10:13:56 AM
Let me just add that it would also depend on what Neighborhood I was living in. For example, if you live on the south side of Chicago and someone breaks into your home, shoot them. Shoot them dead. A lot of the thugs in Chicago will kill just because they have bullets. They do not value life and, IMO, do not deserve it.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 10:22:42 AM
At 3/13/2016 10:08:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:

Okay, well I live in America and in certain areas in America, that is a definite possibility. We lock all the doors. Not to be "that guy", but I grew up in a neighborhood that was a necessity. I am not exactly sure what else you are referring to but I assure you I say what I mean.

Besides what else could I fear more than someone breaking into my home and killing my family.... To me it makes less since that someone would break into you house just to poo on your couch.

Fair enough . Sorry about carrying on like a clown. Talking about guns makes me angry. If I was their and things like this happen near me . I would change my tune . I've never experienced nothing like that. Sorry man . As soon as I sent the post I wish I didn't.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 12:24:40 PM
At 3/13/2016 10:22:42 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:08:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:

Fair enough . Sorry about carrying on like a clown. Talking about guns makes me angry. If I was their and things like this happen near me . I would change my tune . I've never experienced nothing like that. Sorry man . As soon as I sent the post I wish I didn't.

Oh... well that was a rather humble apology. Now kinda feel like a d!ck. Dont worry about it tho. This site can get people a little riled up at times. Thats ok. At lease you can admit when you have learned something.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 5:47:59 PM
I have two questions for those who agree with killing intruders:

1. What if you had an escape route at your disposal? For example, if you are armed and hear someone downstairs in your house but can leave your home through your bedroom window without issue or obstruction, would you still be justified in seeking out the intruder and killing them? What would you do in that circumstance?

2. What if you found someone in your car? Would you be justified in killing them? What if you were in the car?
- lamerde

Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:43:55 AM
At 3/13/2016 5:47:59 PM, Maikuru wrote:

1. What if you had an escape route at your disposal? For example, if you are armed and hear someone downstairs in your house but can leave your home through your bedroom window without issue or obstruction, would you still be justified in seeking out the intruder and killing them? What would you do in that circumstance?

Than I would have to determine the probability of my family making it to the escape route first. I wouldnt us shoot him, but if I did not think they would make, its him or us.

2. What if you found someone in your car? Would you be justified in killing them? What if you were in the car?

No life is in danger so no.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 3:16:37 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:43:55 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 5:47:59 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Than I would have to determine the probability of my family making it to the escape route first. I wouldnt us shoot him, but if I did not think they would make, its him or us.

I think that's fair. Escape if you can, fight back if you can't.

No life is in danger so no.

I would agree that some reasonable threat to your life is necessary before taking lethal action against an intruder.
- lamerde

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:09:50 PM

Here in Australia is too broad. I'm sure you have bad neighborhoods. Where I grew up, we didn't even need keys. There was some theft, from a few drifters and lots of peaceful (in our area) drug manufacturers. Every once and awhile a car would get stolen, but no one ever seemed to get hurt, and usually you knew the person who stole it haha. People were commonly armed simply because they liked guns, without the intent of ever using one for self defense. I think the worst thing that ever happened was a stand off where the police just gave up, because the guy just wasn't going to be arrested that day. No one wanted to use a gun to harm people and so no one did. Recreational. We'd plink gophers in our back yard and the neighbor was an officer.

In my current neighborhood, there is a sweeping drug problem. Girls are getting raped randomly in their own homes, with locked doors. One guy recently got beat to death by a druggy who knocked on his door asking for help, in his own home. Gangs have been known to enter at night armed, and "handle" whoever might be there. Chances are anyone who comes is just some drunk who needs a little direction or some new girls in the neighborhood, but its nice to have a plan B. The problem arises when some dummy's entire plan consists of "stop the threat". There's other measures and factors that should be weighed in before a gun is being used, like the nature of the intruder, cell phone, your family's escape route, gun safety, family occupied rooms, back up weapon, back up plan, backstops, alarm systems, what's the mental state of the intruder, have you called 911, are you up for this, etc.... Most gun confrontation classes will teach ways to avoid using the gun in the first place, which is the ultimate goal. In other words, you leave the house and call police, or you talk to the person and tell them you feel threatened just like anyone else would first. If they react well fine, if not the sword, I mean gun. After weighing in all of those factors, I'll lay waste to anyone that threatens my family. Wouldn't feel good about it, as I have a hard time killing anything, but my house just isn't a good place to be uninvited in the first place.

If you ever buy a gun, you need to own it under the mentality that it will be used for your intended purpose, not just a possibility. If you think you might wield it for an intruder, then train as if you absolutely WILL have an intruder, so you can account for some of the variables ahead of time. Seriously, owning a gun for self defense is a larger commitment than owning a dog. You have a moral obligation to have a near perfect decision making process under pressure if you have access to a gun. Its a huge responsibility, but then again so is your family.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:39:15 PM
If it were the case that somebody broke into my house, I wouldn't kill them unless my life was directly in danger. I would definitely incapacitate them, though.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 4:21:21 PM
If you're dumb enough to come into my house uninvited, odds are my dog is going to kill you before I can. The only way you're stopping my dog from killing you is to kill him first, and then I have all the info I need to justify killing you myself. It's that simple for me.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:14:09 AM
At 3/23/2016 4:21:21 PM, Burzmali wrote:
If you're dumb enough to come into my house uninvited, odds are my dog is going to kill you before I can. The only way you're stopping my dog from killing you is to kill him first, and then I have all the info I need to justify killing you myself. It's that simple for me.

And that's why we don't take things kids.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.