Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

2 Types of Homosexuality Explained

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Chloe8
Posts: 2,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 6:41:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

Some interesting ideas. I can see some logic in it and a large proportion of gay men could probably be classified as one of those two types. but obviously there is a lot of variation and not everyone fits these categories.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:17:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

This is total bullsh!t. There are as many varieties of gay people as there are straight people; this kind of reductionist attitude isn't even worth explaining why it's wrong.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:14:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 11:17:35 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

This is total bullsh!t. There are as many varieties of gay people as there are straight people; this kind of reductionist attitude isn't even worth explaining why it's wrong.

Dude, I'm not even trying to discredit homosexuality right now. I'm sincerely approaching this thread from a nonpartisan angle to try and understand the psychology behind homosexuality.
I am not arguing that all gay people have the same personality. I am stating that all or almost all gay males will share the traits of one of these two camps, and every gay male I've encountered so far seems to follow one of these two patterns. There is a person on this website (it'd be incredibly disrespectful for me to mention him by name so I won't) who fits the Type 2 model to the letter. With all due respect to him he probably won't be alive in 20 years. Then there are you and other "high functioning" gays on this Site who act in the way described in Type 1. Can you honestly tell me that the stuff mentioned in Type 1 doesn't fairly accurately reflect your behavior and life? Likewise, I'm confident that the research on homosexual transgender people (and not the "autoerotica" type of transgender people, who are straight) matches my description pretty well. They have extremely high rates of sexually transmitted diseases and suicide. I heard this story in a local newspaper about a transgender woman who was voluntarily the slave of two men.
In this thread it's about science, not religion or politics. I will welcome substantial criticisms here.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:36:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
41% of transgender people in the United States have attempted suicide as of 2014. 19% of all transgender women have HIV and are 49 times more likely to contract it than the general global populace.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 1:47:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

I don't really fit into either of these. I'm a bit of a flirt, but I'm also not at all sexually promiscuous, and I'm not really effeminate. I'm curious as to why you think that the less promiscuous classification is more likely to suffer from STDs...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:51:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/9/2016 1:47:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

I don't really fit into either of these. I'm a bit of a flirt, but I'm also not at all sexually promiscuous, and I'm not really effeminate. I'm curious as to why you think that the less promiscuous classification is more likely to suffer from STDs...

Because the evidence suggests this. Compared to homosexual transgender people, gays are practically safe from the risk of contracting STDs. It's a phenomenon similar to how Evangelicals have a higher divorce rate than the general population. One explanation is that they are more likely to be poor than the general population, which naturally raises the likelihood of HIV and reduces their access to condoms. Another explanation is that as the "submissive" partner they are subjected to sexual practices which raise the odds of contracting an STD significantly.
I am not saying that every Type 1 homosexual will be promiscuous, and you might not be, but I think we can both probably agree that they usually are. I don't know who you are in real life, but you probably know many gay people who are extremely promiscuous. The main idea behind the Type 1 homosexual is that they are generally "high functioning" compared to most straights and certainly compared to the average Type 2 and that their motive for gay sex is simply to have sex. They are more wealthy and better educated than most people. They often have dominant personalities.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:57:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/9/2016 2:51:43 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/9/2016 1:47:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

I don't really fit into either of these. I'm a bit of a flirt, but I'm also not at all sexually promiscuous, and I'm not really effeminate. I'm curious as to why you think that the less promiscuous classification is more likely to suffer from STDs...

Because the evidence suggests this. Compared to homosexual transgender people, gays are practically safe from the risk of contracting STDs. It's a phenomenon similar to how Evangelicals have a higher divorce rate than the general population. One explanation is that they are more likely to be poor than the general population, which naturally raises the likelihood of HIV and reduces their access to condoms. Another explanation is that as the "submissive" partner they are subjected to sexual practices which raise the odds of contracting an STD significantly.
I am not saying that every Type 1 homosexual will be promiscuous, and you might not be, but I think we can both probably agree that they usually are. I don't know who you are in real life, but you probably know many gay people who are extremely promiscuous. The main idea behind the Type 1 homosexual is that they are generally "high functioning" compared to most straights and certainly compared to the average Type 2 and that their motive for gay sex is simply to have sex. They are more wealthy and better educated than most people. They often have dominant personalities.

That is, Type 1 makes up "regular gays" and Type 2 makes up transgender gays.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:12:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The reason for Type 1 homosexual promiscuity probably isn't some magical "super sex drive" that straights are incapable of.
Rather, it can be explained by the way that most gay people view the activity.
There is the mindset among gays (and to a lesser degree Americans at large, I admit) that sex is simply this random, fun activity that you can do with anyone. Women are not generally willing to just do it with anyone for any reason. Men like sex, and two random gay men in the same place will just do it casually simply because it's fun and they both want to do if as much as they can.
Straight men are generally limited by female behavior and psychology. They won't generally be able to repeatedly have sex with the same woman if they're seeing someone else at the same time because girlfriends don't generally put up with cheating partners. So if such a sexual relationship lasts over a long period of time, they'd end up going several years with a single sexual partner. If they marry this woman, then their newfound monogamy could last for life.
Also, the religious emphasis on monogamy found in Christianity, a religion which most Americans claim to believe in, is not likely to be regarded by a group which is already living a lifestyle completely contrary to Christian ideas.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:52:12 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 6:03:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know what kind of terms and classifications proper psychologists use, so I just randomly came up with "Type 1" and "Type 2" homosexuals.
This thread is also why we need a Psychology forum.

Type 1: Generally successful people. They are often well-educated and financially well-off. They're likely to be teachers, actors, and so on. They enjoy gay sex, and this is the deciding factor in their behavior. They hook up frequently, use sites like Grindr, visit gay bars, and so on. They're perhaps more prone than the general population to narcissism. Over the course of their lifetimes they'll have up to several hundred sexual partners. Despite this they are less likely than Type 2 homosexuals to contract a sexually transmitted disease. Their risk for suicide is only significantly higher than the normal populace if as a teen their homosexuality is known to family and friends and they are treated badly as a result; if they come out as an adult their suicide rate will probably be about normal.

Type 2: The stereotypical "effeminate gay man". These people are probably the reason that so many people use the terms "gay" and "transgender" like they're the same thing.
The Type 2 homosexual is not strictly gay. He may experience sexual desires for women; in fact, his sexual attractions to women may often exceed his attractions to men. However, the reason that he is homosexual is that emotionally he feels himself unsuited for the male role in a heterosexual relationship. He wants a similar or identical kind of love (emotionally and psychologically speaking) to that which women receive from their boyfriends/husbands. The Type 2 homosexual will be incredibly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation in his relationships and he will be extremely likely to suffer from STDs and other health problems. He will almost never gain the kind of relationship that he really wants and he will be many, many times more likely than the general populace to commit suicide. Type 2 homosexuals generally live very miserable lives.

So: am I wrong?

I disagree with these classifications. Most gays I've met, which are many, don't have any more sexual partners than heterosexuals. There are promiscuous types on both side of the isle. Taking into account the peak sex years 18-27 where the number of encounters is at their highest for both groups; most of my gay friends past and present have had similar relationship profiles as straights. During peak years there are a few one night stands. Many have a date or two, or three that lead to nowhere but don"t involve sex. And so on with various dating scenarios and encounters. Of the people I know and have known, only one would be considered flamboyant, whose characteristics are rare in the gay population, but highly noticeable due to exaggerated effeminate traits. It's an exception that has created a stereotype, but not a norm. As far as Grindr is concerned, really, it's not more or less than Tinder with straights who are looking for a quick fix. It's a lop sided characterization of a group for a behavior that another group is also participating in without giving the second group attention for the same behavior. Your second type of homosexual would be considered bisexual; transgender is a whole different topic. In general, yes, gay do have a higher rate of suicide, but is due to being different within larger societal norms and lesser acceptance from family, social, religious circles, and feelings of personal disappointment with these situations. And lastly, gays who have come to terms with themselves do not live miserable lives. They have relationships long and short like the rest of us. Live together and make families etc. There's an assumption based on bias, that gays are significantly different when it comes to relationships than heterosexuals; this is not the case.