Jump to topic:

Paranoid Personality Disorder

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 1:47:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Paranoid Personality Disorder is an unwarranted tendency to interpret the actions of other people as deliberately threatening or demeaning. The disorder, surfacing by early adulthood, is manifested by an omnipresent sense of distrust and unjustified suspicion that yields persistent misinterpretation of others' intentions as being malicious. People with a paranoid personality disorder are usually unable to acknowledge their own negative feelings toward others but do not generally lose touch with reality. They will not confide in people, even if they prove trustworthy, for fear of being exploited or betrayed. They will often misinterpret harmless comments and behavior from others and may build up and harbor unfounded resentment for an unreasonable length of time.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Traits to look for:

-Works poorly with others (highly critical of others, yet hypersensitive to criticism of self)

-Suspiciousness:
Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving her
Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of her friends or associates
Is reluctant to confide in others because of her unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against her
Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
Perceives attacks on her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of her spouse or sexual partner

-Lack of Forgiveness:
Persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:00:39 PM
At 3/10/2016 1:47:48 PM, YYW wrote:
Paranoid Personality Disorder is an unwarranted tendency to interpret the actions of other people as deliberately threatening or demeaning. The disorder, surfacing by early adulthood, is manifested by an omnipresent sense of distrust and unjustified suspicion that yields persistent misinterpretation of others' intentions as being malicious. People with a paranoid personality disorder are usually unable to acknowledge their own negative feelings toward others but do not generally lose touch with reality. They will not confide in people, even if they prove trustworthy, for fear of being exploited or betrayed. They will often misinterpret harmless comments and behavior from others and may build up and harbor unfounded resentment for an unreasonable length of time.

Traits to look for:

-Works poorly with others (highly critical of others, yet hypersensitive to criticism of self)

-Suspiciousness:
Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving her
Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of her friends or associates
Is reluctant to confide in others because of her unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against her
Perceives attacks on her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of her spouse or sexual partner

-Lack of Forgiveness:
Persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights

While I am not a psychiatrist, there are some people on DDO who clearly and plainly exhibit the qualities of paranoid personality disorder, usually with several other conditions as well.

Some qualities that one might find on DDO of a person with paranoid personality disorder is the tendency to believe in irrational conspiracies against that person, or to believe without cause that another is "conspiring against" them; demonstrates a tendency to perceive anyone who disagrees with them as personally attacking their character and is very hostile to any form of criticism; demonstrates a tendency to read other people's communications in the most negative possible light, often inventing hidden slights or jabs that are the product of a person's own paranoia; demonstrates high levels of vindictiveness, etc.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:25:37 PM
It would be fascinating to see how many members of the #blacklivesmatter group, or members of this forum who voice their support for the same, could be diagnosed with this.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:28:36 PM

i see the bolder a lot....especially on this site.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:28:56 PM
At 3/10/2016 2:28:36 PM, Rosalie wrote:

****I SEE THE BOLDED
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:31:06 PM
At 3/10/2016 2:28:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:

****I SEE THE BOLDED

I agree. There are a lot of people who irrationally read the most negative meaning into others' actions, and they should consider getting help.

What is problematic is that some political movements seem to give voice to this kind of delusion.

More on "paranoid ideations" later.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:33:40 PM
At 3/10/2016 2:31:06 PM, YYW wrote:

****I SEE THE BOLDED

I agree. There are a lot of people who irrationally read the most negative meaning into others' actions, and they should consider getting help.

What is problematic is that some political movements seem to give voice to this kind of delusion.

And it's really sad. They're going to end up living a sad, depressing lonely life.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:34:15 PM
At 3/10/2016 2:33:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/10/2016 2:31:06 PM, YYW wrote:

****I SEE THE BOLDED

And it's really sad. They're going to end up living a sad, depressing lonely life.

Indeed, and highly unsatisfying ones as well.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 2:49:27 PM
They are generally good at manipulation

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 4:39:37 PM

We must all hail the mighty Bolder, King of the boulders.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 4:42:02 PM
At 3/10/2016 4:39:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Shhhhhhh.

You weren't suppose to say anything. D':

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 2:54:45 PM
At 3/10/2016 4:42:02 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Shhhhhhh.

lol
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:37:54 PM
At 3/11/2016 2:54:45 PM, YYW wrote:

Shhhhhhh.

lol

My mistake reminded me of Miley Cyrus music video to "wrecking ball"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:40:43 PM
At 3/11/2016 3:37:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Shhhhhhh.

lol

She's a very strange person...
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:41:34 PM
At 3/11/2016 3:40:43 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 3:37:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Shhhhhhh.

lol

She's a very strange person...

I love Miley Cyrus.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:46:30 PM
People with PPd ave a general suspicion that everybody is out to abuse them.

That is to say, how hard would it be to make companions and keep them, not to mention attempting to be in a romantic relationship...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:53:45 PM
At 3/11/2016 3:46:30 PM, Rosalie wrote:

That is to say, how hard would it be to make companions and keep them, not to mention attempting to be in a romantic relationship...

It would be impossible, but it's possible that someone who was in a relationship with someone who recognized this disorder in the person they were in a relationship with could stoke those feelings to solidify his control over her.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:55:23 PM
At 3/11/2016 3:53:45 PM, YYW wrote:

It would be impossible, but it's possible that someone who was in a relationship with someone who recognized this disorder in the person they were in a relationship with could stoke those feelings to solidify his control over her.

It honestly, who would want to be in a relationship with someone who is obsessive, and continually paranoid that you're going to cheat on them, or leave them. I wouldn't call that a relationship, sounds more like babysitting.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 3:58:42 PM
At 3/11/2016 3:55:23 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 3:53:45 PM, YYW wrote:

It honestly, who would want to be in a relationship with someone who is obsessive, and continually paranoid that you're going to cheat on them, or leave them.

A highly manipulative person who gained satisfaction by exercising control over other people; probably someone who is so good at that, that the person they were dominating wouldn't even realize what was happening.

I wouldn't call that a relationship, sounds more like babysitting.

I agree, but the maturity difference there would reinforce the dominant/servient relationship between them. It's not a relationship I'd ever be interested in, but there are people who do that sort of thing.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 1:41:05 AM
This thread is a passive-aggressive attack on me. I just know it. Everyone participating in this thread is plotting against me.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 1:52:44 AM
At 3/12/2016 1:41:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
This thread is a passive-aggressive attack on me. I just know it. Everyone participating in this thread is plotting against me.

You WOULD say that to deflect suspicion, you backstabbing whore! I've seen you ogling my possessions... make your move, I dare you!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 1:54:00 AM
At 3/12/2016 1:52:44 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

You WOULD say that to deflect suspicion, you backstabbing whore! I've seen you ogling my possessions... make your move, I dare you!

Stop PERSECUTING me!

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:09:33 AM

lol
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:56:56 AM

Traits to look for:

-Suspiciousness:

-Lack of Forgiveness:

Completely random question that could very well count as derailment: what's your opinion of Stefan Molyneux?

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:58:14 AM
At 3/12/2016 2:56:56 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Traits to look for:

-Suspiciousness:

-Lack of Forgiveness:

Completely random question that could very well count as derailment: what's your opinion of Stefan Molyneux?

I don't have an opinion because idk who he is.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:08:07 AM
At 3/12/2016 2:58:14 AM, YYW wrote:

Traits to look for:

-Suspiciousness:

-Lack of Forgiveness:

He has a YouTube channel. Here's a sample:
https://m.youtube.com...

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:26:39 PM
At 3/12/2016 3:08:07 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/12/2016 2:58:14 AM, YYW wrote:

Traits to look for:

-Suspiciousness:

-Lack of Forgiveness:

He has a YouTube channel. Here's a sample:
https://m.youtube.com...

Ok...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:37:38 PM
At 3/12/2016 4:28:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
This thread is clearly an attack on me and has been reported.

You'd be amazed how often that happens. But some people really just need help.... like, they need to be on antipsychotics.
Tsar of DDO
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:57:55 PM
Maybe one day I'll compile a list of all my posts and a list of all YYW's. I'm pretty sure there's a correlation. If I post, I'm almost guaranteed that he will either post in my thread or somewhere else directly or indirectly referencing me. lol
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...