Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Political Correctness

YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:12:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
https://youtu.be...

If you look at the 1990s, political correctness was beaten back, but it's returned in the form of the "SJW mentality." This time, there's a lot more on the line for them. They are, nonetheless, breaking.

Language policing will not last in this country. It will die, and it will *never* recover.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:01:40 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.

No one asked for your opinion.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:02:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 1:01:40 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.

No one asked for your opinion.

No one needed to.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:11:44 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.

I don't think so, because each SJW thread is about a different, more specific subtopic -- most of them, anyway. And even those on the same thing have substantive OP's with different ideas. If anything, it's a positive for forum activity. Since lamerde made the thread on privilege theory, the Society forum has been filled with specific sub-topics on SJW threads and has got a lot more posts than usual.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:17:36 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:11:44 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.

I don't think so, because each SJW thread is about a different, more specific subtopic -- most of them, anyway.

Perhaps, but I think there reaches a point where creating numerous (very numerous) threads just to post a series of videos or links, or to post a series of comments that sound very much like the previous thread, reaches the point of spam.

Suppose there were 1,000 subtopics of subject A. If, over the course of a month, I dedicated 1 thread to each topic, I would consider this spamming. Merely because it inundates the forums with things that are incredibly similar and which could reasonably condensed into a handful of threads and which have already be beaten to death.

It is spam, IMO.

Since lamerde made the thread on privilege theory, the Society forum has been filled with specific sub-topics on SJW threads and has got a lot more posts than usual.

Most of those posts are from 1 user: YYW. That is illusory activity. Some of the initial threads really blew up, but the more that are made, the less activity generated, because people get tired of posting on the (basically) same topic over and over again.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:17:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:11:44 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/27/2016 12:49:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This torrent of anti-SJW threads has reached the point of spam, IMO.

I don't think so, because each SJW thread is about a different, more specific subtopic -- most of them, anyway. And even those on the same thing have substantive OP's with different ideas. If anything, it's a positive for forum activity. Since lamerde made the thread on privilege theory, the Society forum has been filled with specific sub-topics on SJW threads and has got a lot more posts than usual.

It's pretty much spam... it would be a "discussion" if it resulted in any, but since I (and the other "SJWs") never post in his threads, it just ends up being a circle jerk for people who agree with him to be like "yeah those SJWs!"
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:19:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:17:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:

That's the part where I'll have to disagree. In fact, this set of SJW threads was started off by lamerde, and Romanii and Endark have also made threads on it. Most of YYW's OP's have been responded to as well. In fact, YYW's posting videos has been on the *same* threads unless a thread dies out.

You can ask airmax if it qualifies as "spam," I doubt it does.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:23:21 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:19:30 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:17:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:

That's the part where I'll have to disagree.

Okay. Fair enough.

Most of YYW's OP's have been responded to as well.

Doesn't mean it's not spam.

In fact, YYW's posting videos has been on the *same* threads unless a thread dies out.

Then his individual posts are spam, and his constant bumping of these threads crowds out discussion of other topics. One day I came online and 8 threads in this forum were all on SJW, and all were from YYW. I think that is a ridiculous obsession, and it is spam as far as I am concerned.

You can ask airmax if it qualifies as "spam," I doubt it does.

There is a difference between functional spam, which I think this and other threads like it qualify as, and TOS-violating spam, which this isn't.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:38:47 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:19:30 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:17:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:

That's the part where I'll have to disagree. In fact, this set of SJW threads was started off by lamerde, and Romanii and Endark have also made threads on it. Most of YYW's OP's have been responded to as well. In fact, YYW's posting videos has been on the *same* threads unless a thread dies out.

You can ask airmax if it qualifies as "spam," I doubt it does.

It does not qualify as "spam" but the fact that bsh1 has taken it upon himself to call it "spam" makes very clear what his objective is.

Spam is deleted. Bsh1 wants these ideas not to be discussed, because he is a SJW. By calling it "spam" he is saying "these should be deleted."

And silencing people he doesn't like is something he regularly tries to engage in; it's in fact a defining theme of everything he does on DDO.

Civility means "not disagreeing with bsh1." Bullying is "saying anything Bsh1 finds personally objectionable." Spam is "political ideas that bsh1 finds objectionable."

I think people are starting to understand this, as well.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:41:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
For example, if I was to respond to this thread, tulle and bsh1 would personally whine to moderation. Max and Whiteflame would conclude that because they whine all the time and I do not, I am the "common denominator." And then, I'd be banned.

This is literally what DDO has become.

I anticipate whiteflame would even be persuaded that certain political perspectives are "spam." He's the kind of guy who would be amenable to that kind of argument.

And this is how people like tulle and bsh1 use moderation to silence people who disagree with them.
Tsar of DDO
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:43:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
lol You know for a fact I haven't reported you and I'd like to see your warning PMs from the mods. You lie too much, dude. It's ridiculous. You keep trying to play the victim as though you're being silenced. The fact is no one is engaging with you and no one is reporting you. You got banned for something totally unrelated to me, and when you came back nobody cared so you had to make a bunch of sob threads about being silenced.

What's the sound of one hand clapping? Those are your threads. That's the end of that story.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:47:53 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Is it any coincidence that only SJW's (bsh1 and tulle) are calling this "spam" and whining about it?

Nope. The facts speak for themselves.

F16 will note that this is why I don't post long essays, anymore. Although, calling it "spam" is their new way to respond.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:50:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:38:47 AM, YYW wrote:
Spam is deleted. Bsh1 wants these ideas not to be discussed, because he is a SJW. By calling it "spam" he is saying "these should be deleted."

See post 14.

And silencing people he doesn't like is something he regularly tries to engage in; it's in fact a defining theme of everything he does on DDO.

Lol. This comment is without merit.

Civility means "not disagreeing with bsh1." Bullying is "saying anything Bsh1 finds personally objectionable." Spam is "political ideas that bsh1 finds objectionable."

Civility means conforming to the conduct policy. Bullying means not harassing other users, or violating the conduct policy regarding them. Spam means not posting 20+ threads on the same subject.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:52:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Please notice that it is not the perspective that I consider spam, but rather the incessant thread-creation about it such that it crowds out other topics.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:53:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 2:47:53 AM, YYW wrote:
Is it any coincidence that only SJW's (bsh1 and tulle) are calling this "spam" and whining about it?

Wouldn't really consider myself an SJW, but okay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:56:18 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
There've been a lot of pro SJW threads made. I've never called them spam, because no matter how strongly I disagree with something, I make no effort to silence it.

I think it's important to hear from people, especially those people who are wrong, so that we can then talk about *why* they are wrong.

But a perspective that cannot stand up to scrutiny; a worldview that falls apart under even when subject to modest rational criticism, cannot fall back onto reason in its defense.

Rather, the strategies are: (1) outrage in response, or (2) silencing those perspectives they disagree with; to avoid scrutiny, and to avoid what is inevitable, when reasonable people talk reasonably about these things with a clear head.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:20:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I would also add that in many respects the reason that people are reluctant to even talk about these issues (except Romanii) is because they don't want to be attacked by SJW's on this site.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:34:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Just a final comment on this thread. I don't believe there are nearly as many pro-SJW thread as there are anti-SJW threads, because YYW seems particularly obsessed with the topic. That being said, I am sick of SJW topics period, both those pro and con on the issue.

I would also note that calling these threads spam is not a personal attack by any reasonable standard. And, it is certainly not prohibited by the conduct policy on the site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:36:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 3:34:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just a final comment on this thread. I don't believe there are nearly as many pro-SJW thread as there are anti-SJW threads, because YYW seems particularly obsessed with the topic. That being said, I am sick of SJW topics period, both those pro and con on the issue.

I would also note that calling these threads spam is not a personal attack by any reasonable standard. And, it is certainly not prohibited by the conduct policy on the site.

I'm glad you have clarified that you subjective dislike of something is the standard of whether it should be classified as "spam" or not. That is what I said, but in that you are not contributing to the discussion I outlined in my OP, you are not contributing to this conversation.

If you have a perspective on the issue, feel free to raise it, but simply whining about the fact that I'm saying something does not count for a substantive contribution. Rather, its an effort to derail it.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:39:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 3:36:19 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2016 3:34:05 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just a final comment on this thread. I don't believe there are nearly as many pro-SJW thread as there are anti-SJW threads, because YYW seems particularly obsessed with the topic. That being said, I am sick of SJW topics period, both those pro and con on the issue.

I would also note that calling these threads spam is not a personal attack by any reasonable standard. And, it is certainly not prohibited by the conduct policy on the site.

I'm glad you have clarified that you subjective dislike of something is the standard of whether it should be classified as "spam" or not.

Again, see post 14. I never claimed that this was spam per the TOS. I was noting that I thought this was spam. I even said "IMO."

Your comment here, therefore, is a simple mischaracterization of my statements.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:44:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
https://media.giphy.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:48:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 3:44:49 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
https://media.giphy.com...

OMG, lol. He's sooo fuzzy. If he weren't lethal, he'd be so huggable.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...